KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Galen Marek vs. Darth Nyriss

Galen Marek vs. Darth Nyriss
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Galen Marek vs. Darth Nyriss

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

Can Nyriss channel her fury?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:32 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Marek
Nyriss
Marek

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:36 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Galen sweeps.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Galen sweeps.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lol @ Nyriss taking sabers

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 10:21 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

She beat Meetra and Scourge, Galen didn't beat Shaak or Kota. GGWP

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 09:30 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by MythLord
Yes he did, wtf.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 10:22 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

If by yes he did you mean he needed to cheapshot Shaak in a desperate move and could only stalemate Kota until the latter got a vision, then yeah I guess he did. He loses, badly. GGWP

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:27 AM
Jmanghan

If by yes he did you mean he needed to cheapshot Shaak in a desperate move and could only stalemate Kota until the latter got a vision, then yeah I guess he did. He loses, badly. GGWP
I hardly call beating Ti in a saber duel, followed by ragdolling her before she commits suicide as him "losing".

Marek was already pushing Kota pretty hard.

Besides, he legitimately beat Vader, so your bs is irrelevant.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:45 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I hardly call beating Ti in a saber duel, followed by ragdolling her before she commits suicide as him "losing".

You... didn't read the novel, did you?

Marek was already pushing Kota pretty hard.

And Kota was pushing him, as well.

Besides, he legitimately beat Vader, so your bs is irrelevant.

You still don't know when I'm trolling, it's flipping adorable.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 11:58 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's hard to distinguish your normal retardation from trolling.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 12:20 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Oh, jeez, that would so hurt if I actually cared about what someone like you thinks.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 12:25 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

someone like you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEqcFtNtUk&t=0m10s

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 12:55 PM
Syndicate

She beat them on a DS nexus where her own powers were amplified. Regardless even if she had beaten them on neutral ground that feat wouldn't compare to Galen defeating Vader.

Galen fought through Rebel and Imperial forces and an army of force using Felucians before fighting Kota and Shaak respectively and in regards to his fight with Shaak we know the planet was a Lightaide nexus at the time Galen faced her and that it stifled his connection to the Darkside. Regardless though it matters very little given this was before Galen's prime.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:39 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

If I remember correctly it was Shaak who in desperation put herself in an indefensible position in the hopes that it would be enough to defeat Marek. She knew he could outlast her and even with the environment aiding her throughout the fight that she wasn't making any headway. Simply because she did not have the combative superiority that would allow her to be capable of pulling off a move she herself committed does not mean that Galen cheap shouted her. It means he drove her to desperation via the advantages he held ( youth and greater force reserves ).

As for the idea you're proposing that a character is not a proficient duelist based off the fact that he hasn't appeared in other works, well... I'll kindly have to beg to differ in that regard.

Last edited by Syndicate on Jun 30th, 2016 at 02:44 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

There's some strong circular reasoning in scaling TFU Shaak Ti down just because.

By feats, Galen destroys Nyriss.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Jun 30th, 2016 at 02:49 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:43 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It's hard to distinguish your normal retardation from trolling.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:45 PM
Syndicate

Originally posted by The Ellimist
There's some strong circular reasoning in scaling TFU Shaak Ti down just because.

By feats, Galen destroys her.

I wasn't going to bring this up because I didn't want to ruin most of Wolf's wank but since he feels the need to troll my favorite characters I will.

The campaign guide states that a strong native Felucian is powerful enough to tilt the balance of Felucia which is why the shamans have to ensure all Felucians with the ability are trained so that they can resist temptation of the Darkside. I believe it even mentions Maris Brood shifting the balance to the Dark after Shaak's death.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:47 PM
MythLord
Diamond

No it doesn't. And if it's the Shaman's mission to tilt it to combat the Dark Side, they failed miserably. Also, you do realize that if any strong Force sensitive can shift the balance of the planet, that only makes Galen look worse? That means either that Galen's own presence in the Force is inferior to Shaak's or that Shaak is fighting on a Dark Side Nexus. Either way, it hypes Ti up even more.

As for the fight itself, Shaak was the one driving back Marek, landing blows on him, TKing him, etc. It's noted they both might've died and Galen was essentially saved by a lucky Force Push that suddenly tilted Ti's lightsaber, and otherwise Marek's musings were that it might've been Shaak's desperation. In the graphic novel, Shaak has TKs Galen, blasts him with kinetite and effectively subdues him via Beast Control without so much as batting an eyelash in what should be a 30 second fight, then Galen cheapshots her via Force Repulse. Either way you spin it: Shaak was the superior in the situation.

Originally posted by Syndicate
thumb up

Odd how of all the people, you specifically are one to judge on something like that, lol. I don't think I need to bring up you admitting all you do on KMC is troll and your inability to concede leading you to finding cheap excuses to get out of the debates where you're reduced to just grasping at straws, do I?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2016 02:55 PM