KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » An Imperial Royal Guard vs Kylo Ren

An Imperial Royal Guard vs Kylo Ren
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

An Imperial Royal Guard vs Kylo Ren

Who wins?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Kylo stomps.

Do people not actually watch the films or read the material before creating stupid threads like this? Christ.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:46 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Kylo stomps.

Do people not actually watch the films or read the material before creating stupid threads like this? Christ.
What puts Ren over a Royal Guard?

I saw him beat Finn, and lose to Rey, thats it.

So... What has he done that should make him a match for an Imperial Guard?

Imperial Guards are >> Magnaguards, btw.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:54 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Kylo stomps.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:54 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Kylo stomps.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:55 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

And I know he beat some Jedi Knights.

But as far as I can tell, he hasn't done much.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:55 AM
Jmanghan

I saw the source material, what Kylo does isn't impressive.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:56 AM
Jmanghan

Will accept concessions then.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 04:58 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Surviving a direct shot from a bowcaster, blocking lightsaber strikes with his bare hands, and http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/...lDictionary.jpg all point to Ren being an extremely formidable opponent in the Canonverse.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Kylo stomps.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:02 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Surviving a direct shot from a bowcaster, blocking lightsaber strikes with his bare hands, and http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/...lDictionary.jpg all point to Ren being an extremely formidable opponent in the Canonverse.
This is Legends royal guard vs Ren tho.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:03 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

And...? Call me when Royal Guards have the blood of Vader flowing through their veins and are blocking lightsabers mid-combat with their hands on the verge of death.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:04 AM
Zenwolf

Kylo, too many advantages.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:08 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

And...? Call me when Royal Guards have the blood of Vader flowing through their veins and are blocking lightsabers mid-combat with their hands on the verge of death.
Having the blood of Vader doesn't help anything, and being able to block saber strikes with your hand isn't common, but its not uncommon either.

However, that stuff about being able to take on a bunch of Jedi in sabers was impressive, and gives me a kind of better respect for his saber skills.

That being said... The Royal Guards are force sensitive, their force pikes have the intensity of a saber blade with several different settings.

They are handpicked out of MILLIONS of stormtroopers and then trained to physical perfection, and they know every single type of combat there is to know. Thats not just me saying that, its a direct quote (albeit worded differently).

They even know H2H techniques that they, and ONLY they know, its exclusive to the Guards.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:13 AM
Zenwolf

Which is great, but Kylo still has the advantage.

Lightsaber > Force Pike. One swing of the lightsaber, the Force Pike becomes useless.

Also more refined Force abilities as noted. Compared to the Guard's ability to resist Force attacks and amping their physicals.

He wins, but the Guard makes him work for it.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:17 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Having the blood of Vader doesn't help anything, and being able to block saber strikes with your hand isn't common, but its not uncommon either.

However, that stuff about being able to take on a bunch of Jedi in sabers was impressive, and gives me a kind of better respect for his saber skills.

That being said... The Royal Guards are force sensitive, their force pikes have the intensity of a saber blade with several different settings.

They are handpicked out of MILLIONS of stormtroopers and then trained to physical perfection, and they know every single type of combat there is to know. Thats not just me saying that, its a direct quote (albeit worded differently).

They even know H2H techniques that they, and ONLY they know, its exclusive to the Guards.

Uh, it means his raw power is absolutely insane. And no, it's extremely uncommon - especially in Canon.

Cool.

Every lightsaber has different intensity settings, I believe.

So... not a direct quote?

Cool.

---

Ren stomps. thumb up

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:17 AM
Jmanghan

Uh, it means his raw power is absolutely insane. And no, it's extremely uncommon - especially in Canon.

Cool.

Every lightsaber has different intensity settings, I believe.

So... not a direct quote?

Cool.

---

Ren stomps. thumb up

Yes, of course, because, you know, Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo were powerful asf, Leia too!

I mean, damn, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Blocking lightsabers with your hand is a form of Tutaminis, Corran Horn did it, his grandfather did it, Satele Shan did it, Valkorion did it, tons of people have done it.

Yup.

Ok?

Got that from Third Party sources, I coulda swore I saw it in the respect thread.

Nah.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:44 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yes, of course, because, you know, Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo were powerful asf, Leia too!

thumb up

quote:
]I mean, damn, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Not really.

quote:
Blocking lightsabers with your hand is a form of Tutaminis, Corran Horn did it, his grandfather did it, Satele Shan did it, Valkorion did it, tons of people have done it.

In Canon, it's never been done besides The Ones.

In Legends, Horn was naturally gifted with the power.

Shan's immensely powerful - and Valkorion is Valkorion.

erm

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:02 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Kylo stomps.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:05 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

What puts Ren over a Royal Guard?

I saw him beat Finn, and lose to Rey, thats it.

After tanking a blast from Chewie's bowcaster that was shown wrecking stormtroopers with a single shot.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:14 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote