KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Where to rank Darth Malgus?

Where to rank Darth Malgus?
Started by: chingchangwalla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where to rank Darth Malgus?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:43 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

In saber ability, I'd put him somewhere in my top ten.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:47 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Of all time?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:53 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Dooku/Bane/Mace tier.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Banes not in Mace's or Dooku's tier lmao

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:57 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

You're right, he might be a bit above that level but for roundings sake...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:57 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

No he's substantially below them

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:58 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syndicate
Dooku/Bane/Mace tier.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:00 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by carthage
No he's substantially below them

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:01 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Bane's obviously the most comparable figure to Malgus because of their similarities in both style and power. But that begs the question, where to rank Bane? You'll get a lot of different answers on that one depending on who you ask... So really this thread is bound to prove somewhat unhelpful. It's best to come to your own conclusions based on your interpretation of his accomplishments and how they compare to the accomplishments of others; it's not like he's lacking in material, after all.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:13 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

When I first joined, people had Bane ranked... HIGH....

Like, above Mace and some shit.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:14 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Well, we've taken care of that for the most part. thumb up

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:16 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

When did you join? Bane has been fodder tier in the minds of KMC for years now.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:16 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I arrived a few months ~ a year before the "anti-Bane" movement started. Bane certainly wasn't considered "fodder tier" until at the very least mid-2014...

EDIT: Just checked, Jman joined about 9 months after I did, so yeah--support for Bane should still have been fairly high back then. Shit really didn't hit the fan for Bane until Carthage joined, really.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jul 24th, 2016 at 06:24 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:18 AM
Rebel95

Yeah, around Dooku/Mace

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:19 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by NewGuy01
I arrived a few months ~ a year before the "anti-Bane" movement started. Bane certainly wasn't considered "fodder tier" until at the very least mid-2014, though...

Emp told me it started around the time he came to the forums. *Shrug* wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't completely factual.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:24 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Syndicate
Emp told me it started around the time he came to the forums. *Shrug* wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't completely factual.

Actually, he's probably not wrong. Carthage and DMB joined within a couple weeks of each other IIRC, and although there was already an anti-Bane movement amiss by then, it was Carthage who really put the nail in the old baldy's coffin.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:26 AM
Syndicate

Do you really buy into all the Bane hate yourself? I mean obviously rating Bane at Caedus level is a little much...

*clears throat*

But around Obi Wan level?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:31 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

You tools are really deviating from the OP

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:32 AM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeh Bane cops it on here, he is genuinely powerful...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 06:32 AM