KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Wyyrlok vs Joruus C'baoth (Telepathy only)

Darth Wyyrlok vs Joruus C'baoth (Telepathy only)
Started by: Deronn_solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Darth Wyyrlok vs Joruus C'baoth (Telepathy only)

Peak version of both characters; telepathy only - who wins and why?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2016 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

C'Baoth because he's cooler

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 01:29 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

C'Baoth I think

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:21 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

C'baoth probably.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:24 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

C'Baoth, because Wyyrlok doesn't even have TP feats.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 02:26 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

I believe defeating the spirit of Andedu counts as one? Not sure.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2016 03:30 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Joruus rapes his mind

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 03:57 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

C'baoth. Wyyrlok has one telepathy feat and one willpower feat... Neither of which were anything uber.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:30 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

C'Baoth, 10/10, totally higher level

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:21 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wyyrlok clearly doesn't use telepathy.

Apart from that time he's explicitly praised for his telepathic abilities.

Apart from the time he uses said telepathic abilities to convince 12 Force users to start killing each other.

Apart from the time he defeated an ancient Sith revered for his ability to make people die by attacking their mind, by attacking his mind in the same way.

Apart from the time he demonstrated the ability to dredge up all of someone's most profoundly negative life experiences all at once.

Hell, I bet he doesn't even do Force either, only saber.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:36 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:38 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

XD

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:39 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Damn. First time I've seen someone snub NewGuy. :P

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:48 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS

Apart from the time he uses said telepathic abilities to convince 12 Force users to start killing each other.

Apart from the time he defeated an ancient Sith revered for his ability to make people die by attacking their mind, by attacking his mind in the same way.

Apart from the time he demonstrated the ability to dredge up all of someone's most profoundly negative life experiences all at once.

thumb up

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

I'd actually lean Wyyrlok here. C'baoth has better showings at affecting others of a large scale (such as mind dominating 40,000 simultaneously), but when it comes to affecting the minds of other powerful Force sensitives, Wyyrlok strikes me as more inpressive.

Of course this point is debatable, as I think Joruus may have more raw Force power at his disposal than 'lok, and C'baoth elicitating a haze on fatigue/drowsiness passively on Jomark, that worked even on Luke and Mara Jade, is pretty impressive as well.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 04:21 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by ILS

Two corrections:

Those cultists, as noted in DoE, aren't Force sensitive. They're literal fodder.

And Wyyrlok dispelled and countered Andeddu ala Bane; more a willpower feat than a telepathy feat, IMO.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:21 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

The cultists were force sensitive, actually.

"This keep belongs to the Malevolence, intruder! It is death for strangers to walk here! For over a century, generation after generation, we have kept ourselves isolated here, imbuing ourselves with the energy of the Dark Side! We are its children!"

- Star Wars: Legacy #27

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:42 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Sorcery and telepathy are related, but not the same.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:52 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Trocity
The cultists were force sensitive, actually.

"This keep belongs to the Malevolence, intruder! It is death for strangers to walk here! For over a century, generation after generation, we have kept ourselves isolated here, imbuing ourselves with the energy of the Dark Side! We are its children!"

- Star Wars: Legacy #27

Yeah, imbuing themselves, which the Dynasty of Evil novel describes as such:

Despite their numbers, Bane instantly realized they posed no real threat. Though they worshiped one of the ancient Sith, these were ordinary men and women. The Force did not flow through their veins; they were nothing but fodder. Their fury might be fueled by the dark side energies emanating from the temple, but Bane could just as easily draw upon the same power, letting it build until he unleashed it against his foes.

They're literal fodder.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:23 PM
Trocity

Wyyrlok does call them untrained adepts.

Plus, Legacy came before DoE, and Drew is notoriously shit at understanding lore. wink

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 07:05 PM