KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Satele Shan vs Pong Krell

Satele Shan vs Pong Krell
Started by: chingchangwalla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Satele Shan vs Pong Krell

Force
Sabers
All out

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 07:16 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

LMAO, Shan murks the toad man.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:08 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

Force: Satele, 10/10
Sabers: Pong, 7-8/10
All out: Eh, Pong 6/10?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:20 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
Sabers: Pong, 7-8/10
All out: Eh, Pong 6/10?

What?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:33 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

Pong's warrior accomplishments against the clones are better than anybody in TCW presented against this class of combatants. And that includes guys like Maul or Savage.

Also... Pongs demonstration against 501 is better on its own than anything Satele did in sabers.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 02:38 PM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Pong's warrior accomplishments against the clones are better than anybody in TCW presented against this class of combatants. And that includes guys like Maul or Savage.

Except, an unarmed Ahsoka and Asajj essentially fodderized a squad of Clones and Maul and Savage usually stomp any blaster-wielding foes. The times they didn't, those were either Bounty Hunters -- so more skilled than Clones -- or were under extremely negative circumstances.

Besides, I can mention Zett Jukkassa fighting his way outside the Jedi Temple which was swarmed by Clones, before killing nearly half a dozen of them outside the Temple, despite having a far inferior status to Krell and far less beneficial weaponry.

Also... Pongs demonstration against 501 is better on its own than anything Satele did in sabers.

No, lol. Satele murking three Sith warriors as a Knight, prior to growing considerably in power and skill, and contending with Malgus who, even at the time could've bested two Jedi Knights while extremely injured, shits over killing fodder troops and being outsmarted by actually skilled Clones.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 03:37 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
Except, an unarmed Ahsoka and Asajj essentially fodderized a squad of Clones and Maul and Savage usually stomp any blaster-wielding foes. The times they didn't, those were either Bounty Hunters -- so more skilled than Clones -- or were under extremely negative circumstances.
links
quote:
Besides, I can mention Zett Jukkassa fighting his way outside the Jedi Temple which was swarmed by Clones, before killing nearly half a dozen of them outside the Temple, despite having a far inferior status to Krell and far less beneficial weaponry.
I mean, Zett ambushed a few before getting shot to pieces, whereas Krell comfortably stood in the midst of the finest clones available, avoided fire from all angles, and cut a lot of them to pieces. But cool.

eek!

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 03:43 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvi3i25HZg

>wants to prove Krell sucks
>takes a feat involving an inferior group of clones, with better environmental circumstances (as in, not totally surrounding them), involving two Force users instead of one, where the clones don't even want to kill them

Doing an awesome job, Wollf. laughing out loud

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 03:50 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

I hate when people throw out the term someone is "not in their prime" despite having no way of determining what exactly that is supposed to mean in the end. It just seems like a throw away term for when someone wants to hype up a character, then having any actual substance.

So, when Wollf says " Satele murking three Sith warriors as a Knight, prior to growing considerably in power and skill"; what source states that Satele grew considerably in skill? I don't want arbiterary opinions, either ---- I want canon sources and statements. Like Krayt's increase in power at his Reborn stage, or Vader's from ANH to ESB.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

I'm sorry, I think going from a mere Knight to Grandmaster would require at least a growth in power, which usually also translates to skill.

It's only logical.

I'll respond to ILS later.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:14 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

So, conjecture as I guessed? Thanks for the clarification. thumb up

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Heh, more like a theory... which makes more sense than to assume a Grandmaster is equal to a Knight. thumb up

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:41 PM
Zenwolf

Mmm well according to the Jedi Path, Myth isn't really wrong as it does say the Grandmaster is given only upon the greatest of the Jedi Masters, the latter having their skills greater than that of a Jedi Knight.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:44 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

I see you guys can't read, good, not the least bit surprised by this development. No where did I say she didn't receive a gain in skill, I'm asking for clarification that the gain, was indeed, substantial.

I'll twiddle my thumbs and wait for proof that isn't purely arbitarary based.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:00 PM
Zenwolf

Well I was more or less just stating generally, I wasn't really saying Satele had.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

And I see you can't read. I never said you stated she never gained any skill, I merely noted it's doesn't make logical sense for a Jedi to go from a Knight to a Grandmaster and not become the least bit skilled.

And according to Threats Of The Galaxy in order to become a Jedi Master, one needs to be among the top of the Jedi craft in the Order, of course that doesn't just mean skill and power, but those play a pretty big role. And of course there are exceptions, but those are either Gary Stues or Force Anomalies(for the latter, a good example is Anakin).

So simply the leap from Knight to Master would've been a noted increase since Satele goes from a Knight to being among the top of the Order, and then she furthers this by becoming Grandmaster.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:05 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

*sigh*
You claimed Satele gained a "considerable" amount of skill later in her Jedi career; I'm asking you to prove it with something that isn't conjecture.

Stop moving the goal post - prove the gain is substantial, or stop replying to me with the same nonsense.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:10 PM
darthbane77

Honestly, Pong probably takes sabers. He's incredibly brutal and fast, and his physical nature outclasses Satele's considerably. Not to mention that Satele may very well be taken back by Pons's use of two saber-staffs (kind of a shock factor more than anything); so I think sabers is weighted more in Krell's corner. As for the Force, I'm inclined to go with Satele; the raw power and skill she's demonstrated was incredible. As simply a Jedi Knight she was able to blitz groups of Sith Warriors and fight evenly with Darth Malgus; who as of the Battle of Alderaan, was one of the greatest Sith in the Empire. So in the Force I would say Satele. Overall I side with Satele though, Pong is the better duelist but Satele can contend; and her Force advantage gives her enough of an edge to win.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:12 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
*sigh*
You claimed Satele gained a "considerable" amount of skill later in her Jedi career; I'm asking you to prove it with something that isn't conjecture.

Stop moving the goal post - prove the gain is substantial, or stop replying to me with the same nonsense.

Like I said, simply to go from a Knight to a Master would, according to ToG, be a noticeable enough leap. To then go from that to a Council Master, and then a Grandmaster would be another noticeable enough leap.

That isn't nonesense, that's fact.

Plus, she had decades to improve. I'm pretty sure she'd be considerably ahead of her Hope! self.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:20 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Force: Satele Shan
Lightsabers: Who knows?
All out: Satele Shan

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 07:31 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote