KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kylo Ren vs Ben Skywalker

Kylo Ren vs Ben Skywalker
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Kylo Ren vs Ben Skywalker

1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Kylo in all three rounds.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 04:16 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Don't know enough yet.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 05:59 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Ben probably.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:51 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Ben probably.

A teenager is going to defeat Kylo? LMAO....

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 07:38 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

He already was defeated by a teenager LMAO.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ben Skywalker wins, lmfao.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 07:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Skywalker.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:05 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
A teenager is going to defeat Kylo? LMAO....

Rey was a teenager. thumb up

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 08:22 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Balta Skywalker
Jedi Temple Guard

Ben Skywalker hands down.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Balta Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Balta Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

I didn't know the OP mentioned that this Kylo is going to be shot with a bowcaster, then wait a certain amount of time to let him bleed out a bit and then maybe kill someone close to him to really hinder him. I don't quite see what Ben has over Kylo, more potential? Doubtful...More training? No not really....More experience killing lightsaber wielding opponents? Didn't think so.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Last edited by DarthDuelist9 on Aug 24th, 2016 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 01:24 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

By Apocalypse, Ben Skywalker is pretty impressive. He wins this.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 01:25 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by SunRazer
By Apocalypse, Ben Skywalker is pretty impressive. He wins this.

Care to explain why?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 02:13 PM
MythLord
Diamond

I didn't know the OP mentioned that this Kylo is going to be shot with a bowcaster, then wait a certain amount of time to let him bleed out a bit and then maybe kill someone close to him to really hinder him.

You can cut the sarcasm, hon. Just noting being a "teenager" doesn't mean you automatically lose.

I don't quite see what Ben has over Kylo, more potential? Doubtful...

Actually, he does, logically. He's the son of the Empire's deadliest agent and a being who has the second greatest potential besides the Chosen One. Kylo's got Leia, who in-canon didn't even begin to tap into her power, and Han, who isn't even Force sensitive.

More training? No not really...

Probably. It's stated, or at least implied, Kylo didn't start his training until later in life, whereas Ben was trained almost from birth, IIRC. Not to mention, training the EU so far is more advanced than in-canon training.

More experience killing lightsaber wielding opponents? Didn't think so.

He's sliced through several Sith Warriors, and Sith Sabers. So that's better than Kylo besting padawans and Knights or Finn and Rey.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 02:15 PM
ares834

Ben probably.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 02:22 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Trocity
He already was defeated by a teenager LMAO.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Ben Skywalker wins, lmfao.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 02:52 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Balta Skywalker
Jedi Temple Guard

Care to explain why?

Can explain why and how Ben Solo beats the Skywalker Ben?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2016 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Balta Skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by Balta Skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BazookaMaster

Sabers: Ben, 6-8/10
Force: Kylo, 6-7/10
All out: ?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 12:41 AM
Click here to Send BazookaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by BazookaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Curious, how does Kylo win Force?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 05:52 AM
DarthDuelist9

You can cut the sarcasm, hon. Just noting being a "teenager" doesn't mean you automatically lose.

At least someone noticed.

quote:
Actually, he does, logically. He's the son of the Empire's deadliest agent and a being who has the second greatest potential besides the Chosen One. Kylo's got Leia, who in-canon didn't even begin to tap into her power, and Han, who isn't even Force sensitive.

Since when is the potential of someone the combination of his parents? Darth Plagueis's father was also a non-Force sensitive while his mother wasn't anything strong in the Force either yet he became the most powerful Sith upon his time. Anakin's blood flows through Kylo through his mother, which apparently is enough to give him an unrivaled potential (when we"re leaving Luke out of the equation). And if you really want to go there, didn't Palpatine imply that Leia's potential (in Legends) may be even greater then Luke's?

quote:
Probably. It's stated, or at least implied, Kylo didn't start his training until later in life, whereas Ben was trained almost from birth, IIRC. Not to mention, training the EU so far is more advanced than in-canon training.

I'll have to search my sources but I'm pretty sure that it's confirmed Kylo went to train with Luke at a very young age. Why would the training in EU be more advanced? Because we know more about it? In Canon Luke was confirmed by Yoda to have enough knowledge to create a new Jedi Order and we know that Luke, alongside Lor San Tekka, discovered many Jedi Secrets anduncovered much of the Old Jedi's history (there are some other accolades about Tekka's Jedi knowledge but I don't have them with me now) Not to even speak about Kylo studying arcane, as in very rare, Dark Side lore under Snoke, who's knowledge about the Dark Side is compared to how much Palpatine was saturated with the Dark Side. So I don't think it's impossible for Kylo to actually have more knowledge at his disposal and be a more advanced fighter all together.

quote:
He's sliced through several Sith Warriors, and Sith Sabers. So that's better than Kylo besting padawans and Knights or Finn and Rey.

I find being the second best duelist amongst Luke's students to be more impressive, especially since I bet Luke didn't just accept anyone to be his student and carry the fundation of a new Jedi Order.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2016 06:51 AM