KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Ahsoka Tano (Rebels) vs. ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi

Ahsoka Tano (Rebels) vs. ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ahsoka Tano (Rebels) vs. ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi

Force sabers all out

Duel takes place on neutral ground

*Canon only

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 10:41 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obi-Wan

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 10:43 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Kenobi, but good fight.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Once the Ashoka book comes out she'll be ahead of him tho

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 10:48 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

yes

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Kenobi in a good fight.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 11:12 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Ahsoka.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 11:31 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

^lol

Why?

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 11:32 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

She's more powerful.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 11:50 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
She's more powerful.

The most she's going to do to Kenobi is push him, and it's not like he can't deflect it when he's backhanding a series of Mustafar Anakin's TK attacks in the novel.

In regards to dueling, Kenobi's defensive skills can obviously handle Tano's offense. He might be strained at some points, but she's no Grievous in ferocity or speed.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

@ Joker. Based on what? How is she more powerful than Kenobi?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2016 11:54 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The most she's going to do to Kenobi is push him, and it's not like he can't deflect it when he's backhanding a series of Mustafar Anakin's TK attacks in the novel.

In regards to dueling, Kenobi's defensive skills can obviously handle Tano's offense. He might be strained at some points, but she's no Grievous in ferocity or speed.

thumb up

I see no reason to believe Ahsoka takes a majority against the likes of Kenobi. Who in the context of Rebels is more likely than not going to be/is a rival to Vader.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 12:24 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who in the context of Rebels is more likely than not going to be/is a rival to Vader.
?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Mark my words. smile

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 12:33 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

I think a duel would be close enough that a push can give her an edge. I agree Kenobi would beat her in a duel, but I feel like it's obviously going to be long and contested. She doesn't have to be as fast or ferocious as Grievous to press Kenobi, either. Also, I find it difficult to quantify Kenobi deflecting Anakin's TK, seeing as Anakin as of Mustafar is kind of an unknown in terms of how much of his power he can really access due to his unstable mental state. Who do you think Mustafar Anakin is comparable to?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 12:36 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I see a repeat of Mustafar minus some unneeded drama.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

@Joker Mustafar Anakin should be at least S6 TCW Anakin level or above. TCW Movie Anakin was already force pushing an AT-TE.

Stalemating / deflecting Mustafar Anakin's TK, pulverizing Durge > Knocking out inquisitors and Pushing Vader back a few meters.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 01:25 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

This is canon only, *****. smile

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 01:29 AM
cs_zoltan

Take out pulverizing Durge then you shitfag.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: luv u tho #nohomo

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 01:32 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by |King Joker|
I think a duel would be close enough that a push can give her an edge. I agree Kenobi would beat her in a duel, but I feel like it's obviously going to be long and contested. She doesn't have to be as fast or ferocious as Grievous to press Kenobi, either.

Dooku's attack, albeit directed toward an Ataru user not Soresu, was easily handled by Kenobi. That's pretty solid indication of what Kenobi is packing. As a Soresu practitioner, Kenobi can preserve far more energy defending than Tano would be attacking. A prolonged engagement is only going to further benefit Kenobi. As Tano weakens, Kenobi can launch an offensive (something he proved capable of doing against Maul/Opress and Hett), and then end it that way.

Tano's best bet is to win quickly, but she's not powerful or skilled enough to do that.

I'm honestly not convinced Tano would even pressure Kenobi. Kenobi was handling thousands of battledroids from all angles on Utapau just fine.

quote:
Also, I find it difficult to quantify Kenobi deflecting Anakin's TK, seeing as Anakin as of Mustafar is kind of an unknown in terms of how much of his power he can really access due to his unstable mental state. Who do you think Mustafar Anakin is comparable to?

It's a better display of power than what Tano did to Vader. Context should be considered, and in so it's clear Tano pushed Vader with his defenses down. Not that pushing someone means anything in the Rebels continuity, where the Inquisitor is capable of dismissing Kanan with a wave of his hand for a dozen seconds, but then have Kanan pin him against the wall directly thereafter. Also, the Inquistior dominated Kanan with telekinesis during their fight below the Communication Tower, and yet Kanan bested him in combat only a short time afterward in their final fight. The concept of the Force barrier, as described in Legends works and other Canon novels, doesn't seem to be applied to the Rebels continuity, at least not in a situation like this: http://i.imgur.com/VXuElFm.png. The only barrier we ever seen put up across all of Filoni's work came along with a visible representation of defense (Kenobi and Anakin against Dooku on the Netflix series).

Old Post Aug 29th, 2016 01:36 AM