KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bane & Zannah vs Revan

Bane & Zannah vs Revan
Started by: Ziggystardust

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bane & Zannah vs Revan

Who wins?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Bane and Zannah, I'd say.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Revan wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 07:24 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

Anything other than SoR Revan dies.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 07:32 PM
Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Revan.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 07:40 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Revan's mind is Zannah's playground, and his body is the ground Bane walks overyes

EDIT:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Putting this here incase ppl think I'm being serious, I'm not

Old Post Sep 18th, 2016 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

I have Traya > Bane and Prime Meetra > Zannah. Since we have it on good authority that Revan can beat both at the same time, I imagine he'd prevail in this scenario as well.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 12:57 AM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revan

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 01:26 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Revan does not have the saber feats to match Bane. Revan definitely doesn't have the saber feats to match peak Zannah and peak Bane at once. Bane blitzes while Zannah does some lovey dovey Sith Sorcery on Revan's mind, and while he's resisting Bane takes his head. Not belittling what Revan can do in the Force, but he's outmatched here, the same as in the Revan/Malak v Bane/Malgus thread. He dies.

If you think Revan has feats showing he can take on Bane and Zannah in both sabers and the Force please post. Here for debate if you think otherwise. If you go into "because I say so" mess or insults then save it and don't even bother replying to what I've typed.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:03 AM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

SoR Revan stomps. His TK and general Force domination keeps the team too pressured to do anything.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:05 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Revan absolutely dominates this lol. All of Bane's best feats are on a nexus, and Zannah is no better than Bane; she's probably below Bane by a decent margin actually.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:15 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Revan does not have the saber feats to match Bane. Revan definitely doesn't have the saber feats to match peak Zannah and peak Bane at once. Bane blitzes while Zannah does some lovey dovey Sith Sorcery on Revan's mind, and while he's resisting Bane takes his head. Not belittling what Revan can do in the Force, but he's outmatched here, the same as in the Revan/Malak v Bane/Malgus thread. He dies.

If you think Revan has feats showing he can take on Bane and Zannah in both sabers and the Force please post. Here for debate if you think otherwise. If you go into "because I say so" mess or insults then save it and don't even bother replying to what I've typed.
So fighting his way through hundreds of Sith on Korriban and killing dozens and dozens of amped Sith who were stated to be masters of combat on the Star Forge and then immediately fighting an amped Bastila and going on to beat and amped Malak (while Revan is weakened by said SF nexus) all by virtue of superior lightsaber skill and Force strength doesn't measure up to everything Bane has done? What about soloing two Terentateks? Dominating the combined might of the galaxy's greatest heroes in two different strike teams on Yavin, barely being driven back either time. Contending with and coming close to defeating Emperor Vitiate on Dromund Kaas (after being tortured and drugged for 3 years straight and presumably weakened by Dromund Kaas' dark side nexus), being severely weakened by 300 years of imprisonment and mental warfare and still being able to hold his own against a powerful Imperial strike team on the Foundry. I could continue. Most of Revan's best feats are through his own power or while he was weakened, and they're still as good as (if not superior) to Bane's; and all of Bane's best feats were performed on a Dark Side Nexus. Bane is not winning this. You say Zannah could mess with Revan's mind, not likely (if even possible.) Revan has proven capable of resisting Vitiate's mental attacks on the fly, and Vitiate's powers are VASTLY ore potent than Zannah's; not to mention that Revan was imprisoned for 300 years by Vitiate and was constantly being attacked mentally by Vitiate and the Dread Masters, and he resisted them all. Sure, he had the help of Meetra Surik's spirit; but that's still IMMENSELY impressive and makes Revan's mental fortitude and will power more powerful than Zannah's powers can overpower. So no, Revan is not outmatched here; but Bane and Zannah are severely out of their depth.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:25 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Revan could honestly oneshot Bane with TK. Bane's got nothing even close to launching the strike team with a single push. He'd get killed with a gesture lmao

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:26 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a16Kgh7j8zk

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Originally posted by darthbane77
Revan absolutely dominates this lol. All of Bane's best feats are on a nexus, and Zannah is no better than Bane; she's probably below Bane by a decent margin actually.

When Bane and Zannah fight for the final time they are both on equal footing. If Zannah were below Bane as an overall combatant at the time of his death then she should have lost, and she certainly shouldn't have been able to survive his mental domination. As he was capable of breaking free of her sorcery--a feat that no one else replicated--as well as breaking free of Kaan's mental hold--something else that no none managed while in Kaan's presence--and she survived his attempt to dominate her, I'd say that her ability in the Force/willpower surpassed him by the end. Ampted or not when he achieved things like disintegration via Lightning and Death Field, as well as his peak Force Waves Bane was more than competent in the Force, and while Zannah certainly never equaled him him in sabers, by the time of his death she was beyond him in her total strength in the Force. She manifested physical Force entities as dark side tendrils. It's more than disingenuous to downplay how much mastery that took.

Zannah was unquestionably Bane's better to both push him to the edge of defeat and to survive his attempt to take her mind. There's not a single showing that hints at Bane being weak of will or Force mastery himself. Not going to concede that her beating him was just plot wanking by Drew.

Originally posted by darthbane77
So fighting his way through hundreds of Sith on Korriban and killing dozens and dozens of amped Sith who were stated to be masters of combat on the Star Forge and then immediately fighting an amped Bastila and going on to beat and amped Malak (while Revan is weakened by said SF nexus) all by virtue of superior lightsaber skill and Force strength doesn't measure up to everything Bane has done? What about soloing two Terentateks? Dominating the combined might of the galaxy's greatest heroes in two different strike teams on Yavin, barely being driven back either time. Contending with and coming close to defeating Emperor Vitiate on Dromund Kaas (after being tortured and drugged for 3 years straight and presumably weakened by Dromund Kaas' dark side nexus), being severely weakened by 300 years of imprisonment and mental warfare and still being able to hold his own against a powerful Imperial strike team on the Foundry. I could continue. Most of Revan's best feats are through his own power or while he was weakened, and they're still as good as (if not superior) to Bane's; and all of Bane's best feats were performed on a Dark Side Nexus. Bane is not winning this. You say Zannah could mess with Revan's mind, not likely (if even possible.) Revan has proven capable of resisting Vitiate's mental attacks on the fly, and Vitiate's powers are VASTLY ore potent than Zannah's; not to mention that Revan was imprisoned for 300 years by Vitiate and was constantly being attacked mentally by Vitiate and the Dread Masters, and he resisted them all. Sure, he had the help of Meetra Surik's spirit; but that's still IMMENSELY impressive and makes Revan's mental fortitude and will power more powerful than Zannah's powers can overpower. So no, Revan is not outmatched here; but Bane and Zannah are severely out of their depth.

Yes, I'm still arguing that per Bane's peak speed feats by DoE and his overall showings including dueling Lsu, Farfalla, and the knight, as well as his final two encounters with Zannah make him a match for Revan in sabers and the eventual winner here, the same as I said in Revan/Malak vs Bane/Malgus.

I'm not saying that Revan couldn't overcome Zannah's sorcery over time, just not in time in this situation. No one shrugs off her illusions in the trilogy, and Bane is the only one to even survive them. A few seconds of working to fight them off will be more than enough for Bane and Zannah to move in and finish him off.

Last edited by Ascendancy on Sep 20th, 2016 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

When Bane and Zannah fight for the final time they are both on equal footing. If Zannah were below Bane as an overall combatant at the time of his death then she should have lost, and she certainly shouldn't have been able to survive his mental domination. As he was capable of breaking free of her sorcery--a feat that no one else replicated--as well as breaking free of Kaan's mental hold--something else that no none managed while in Kaan's presence--and she survived his attempt to dominate her, I'd say that her ability in the Force/willpower surpassed him by the end. Ampted or not when he achieved things like disintegration via Lightning and Death Field, as well as his peak Force Waves Bane was more than competent in the Force, and while Zannah certainly never equaled him him in sabers, by the time of his death she was beyond him in her total strength in the Force. She manifested physical Force entities as dark side tendrils. It's more than disingenuous to downplay how much mastery that took.

Zannah was unquestionably Bane's better to both push him to the edge of defeat and to survive his attempt to take her mind. There's not a single showing that hints at Bane being weak of will or Force mastery himself. Not going to concede that her beating him was just plot wanking by Drew.
Oh no, Bane is is definitely powerful; and both their willpowers are stronger than most for sure. Bane's Death Field was performed on the extremely potent nexus of Prakith; it's not something he has ever been seen doing on off nexus, and based on how tired he seemed after doing it; it might even be assumed that he CAN'T do it without a nexus. Bane has no Force related feats off a nexus that compare with anything Revan has done, all such feats for Bane were done on nexus. So Bane is definitely inferior in the Force, Zanna(even if she is superior to Bane) is not much better than Bane; and her mind-games will have no effect on Revan.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 03:42 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

What saber feats do Bane and Zannah have that place them beyond Revan?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 06:39 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Bane is also reluctant and refused to learn some of the powers that Revan wielded as seen when he opened his [Revan's] holocron. Revan also defeated two Echani battlemasters so saying he wouldn't hold his own in a drawn out battle against Zannah and Bane is absurd.

*music to describe the fight:
https://youtu.be/AuJnvC8voJY

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by MS Warehouse
Anything other than SoR Revan dies.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MercyZiegler
Countess

Lol Team shitsstomps on all iterations of Revan

Old Post Sep 27th, 2016 05:12 AM
Click here to Send MercyZiegler a Private Message Find more posts by MercyZiegler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote