KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Corran Horn vs Shaak Ti

Corran Horn vs Shaak Ti
Started by: chingchangwalla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Corran Horn vs Shaak Ti

Force
Sabers
All Out

~ In character, both at prime

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 02:09 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Corran wins sabers for a good majority; he probably loses the Force only fight though.

Corran's skillset makes the Force less important in the regular combat, not to mention none of them is powerful enough for the Force to matter in a fight, nor is the disparity high enough for the Force to matter in a fight. I'll side with Corran in all out fight, with slightly less majority than in sabers only.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 02:13 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart
Corran wins sabers for a good majority; he probably loses the Force only fight though.

Corran's skillset makes the Force less important in the regular combat, not to mention none of them is powerful enough for the Force to matter in a fight, nor is the disparity high enough for the Force to matter in a fight. I'll side with Corran in all out fight, with slightly less majority than in sabers only.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Corran should take sabers, I'd say. However, Ti, being the Force-based powerhouse she is, certainly takes Force and all-out IMO.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 02:57 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
Ti, being the Force-based powerhouse .

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:03 PM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

She is, however. You let your Reti4Hate cloud your judgement.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:06 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Convince me she isn't shit.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:06 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Does she abuse the force often In duels?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well uhm she hurled debris at Grievous in one fight and then manipulated his cape

Then she used that Force blast on Galen but died either way

That's about it

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:09 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Convince me she isn't shit.

One cannot prove a negative, only counter a positive. Tell me: why do you think she's shit?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:10 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Does she abuse the force often In duels?

Based on what we've seen from her? Yes.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:11 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Based on what we've seen from her? Yes.

Hmmm...not sure on all-out then. She can't outright ragdoll Corran, so I might give him still a majority.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:12 PM
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

One cannot prove a negative, only counter a positive. Tell me: why do you think she's shit?

I've just never been impressed with any of her feats. Her massive wank in versus series doesn't help either.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:14 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Ursumeles
Hmmm...not sure on all-out then. She can't outright ragdoll Corran, so I might give him still a majority.

Why not? I mean, he can use Tutaminis/Deflection, but as seen with Kyp, that does have his limits.

Ti should be more than able to overwhelm him via considerably greater power.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:15 PM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by chingchangwalla
I've just never been impressed with any of her feats. Her massive wank in versus series doesn't help either.

I find holding off an army of MagnaGuards, after just running around Coruscant, for a solid minute or more before using their own electrostaves and cleaving them apart(this being GGs elites that gave Kenobi and Anakin hard times in the EU), and holding a notable edge against Felucia!Galen that can blast away armies, hurl TIE-fighters, murk Rancors; and being canonically "far more formidable" than Kazdan or Kota(the former creating armies with the Force, the latter collapsing a large station) should be impressive.

Versus series wank is utterly irrelevant because Reti and Evan are obviously poshboys, so what they say should be ignored and not impact how she's seen objectively. So far, what I'm getting from this is: a user annoyed you, so you're deliberately lowballing one of their favourite characters in back-lash spite. Petty, really.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:19 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Corran sweeps.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Why not? I mean, he can use Tutaminis/Deflection, but as seen with Kyp, that does have his limits.

Ti should be more than able to overwhelm him via considerably greater power.

By Kyp. Naturally, Kyp just moved his hip, but Corran also wasn't battle-ready, IIRC.
She could clearly dominate him with TK, but I doubt she could break his barrier in the middle of a battle, to ragdoll or similar.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:23 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Comparing Shaak to Kyp is retarded anyway.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:26 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

That last bit was strangely specific and it's somewhat right but it also has something to do with her as a character. I used to hate Ahsoka shit tons but after re-watching the later seasons of TCW, I realised she wasn't so annoying and appreciated her and her accomplishments a lot more. The same can't be said for Shaak as she's a shit character. Complete shit. I know it shouldn't be based off how much you dislike/like a character on forums such this but everyone does it.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:26 PM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Comparing Shaak to Kyp is retarded anyway.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 19th, 2016 03:28 PM