KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Plo Koon vs. AOTC Obi Wan

Plo Koon vs. AOTC Obi Wan
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Plo Koon vs. AOTC Obi Wan

Force, sabers, all out

Legends versions

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 05:34 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Kenobi sweeps. Stomping Ventress a few weeks after AotC as well as being more powerful than Anakin is plenty enough to beat Koon.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 05:42 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Well the novels are Legends so...

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 05:56 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

koon beat a superior version of ventress while injured(and thus not being able to utilize the form edge of djem so). There's also quickly gaining the upperhand vs koon and being considered a worthy test of his skills by tpm maul, an accolade mad emore impressive by maul being a cocky fighter.
Koon should be ventress level and as of aotc kenobi isn't there yet.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:19 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Koon didn't beat Ventress and normally fights one-handed anyway.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:20 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer

His broken arm would still influence his balance, mobility, ...

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:25 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It might've been a hindrance in being dead weight, but the argument that his lightsaber form had to be changed or became unusable because of the loss of an arm is just wrong.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:26 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

1.Disarming ventress of her blades is a clear shown of superiority and is certainly more significant than landing a kick(though koon also force blasted her)
2. Based on? If you're using koon vs oppress, the only clashed blades once

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

It might've been a hindrance in being dead weight, but the argument that his lightsaber form had to be changed or became unusable because of the loss of an arm is just wrong.

I didn't say his form was unusable or he had to change form, i said he was hindered and that his ability to exploit his stylistic edge was hindered becaus elogically using two hands would give you more strength than using one.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:54 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

1. He deprived her of only one blade, and after that Ventress put one hand behind her back and forced him against the railing.

2. Based on me watching him fight.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 08:56 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

1. He deprived her of only one blade, and after that Ventress put one hand behind her back and forced him against the railing.

2. Based on me watching him fight.

1. Which showcases superiority and is defintiely more signifcant than pressing someone in a blade lock(which koon broke out off i the next scan anyway).
2. Plo Koon has never dueled in a visual medium though, obviously he would approach blaster deflection and slashing things which can easily be slashe differently than an actual duel

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 09:23 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

He fights Ventress one other time equally, IIRC, and it was still with one hand even though he had both. But I don't remember it too well, so I won't press the point.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 09:31 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

He fights Ventress one other time equally, IIRC, and it was still with one hand even though he had both. But I don't remember it too well, so I won't press the point.

are you referring to the beggining of the comic? If not the only other fight I've seen was his fight vs Oppress. Anyhow given that ventress was pre prime at the time i hold koon and ventress as equals

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 09:48 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I remember when Kenobi stomped Ventress, ah wait never happened. sad

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

thumb up

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 09:59 PM
DarthDuelist9

Oh agreed, it didn't affect his lightsaber style, only the physical stuff behind it.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 10:04 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

And confirmation on him > Anakin? Their duel against Dooku rather gives the opposite impression.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by Beniboybling
And confirmation on him > Anakin? Their duel against Dooku rather gives the opposite impression.

An in character opinion of Ventress that's taken at face value (but when we're discussing about characters they don't like, IC opinions aren't proof of anything).

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 10:09 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I remember when Kenobi stomped Ventress, ah wait never happened. sad

Koon could definitely replicate this vs that version of ventress anyway

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 10:10 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

They're both level 7 for dueling. But Ventress claims that Obi-Wan is more powerful:

quote:
Angry now, Ventress activated her lightsabers. She turned to see a bearded Jedi standing in the doorway. She sneered.

"Master Kenobi. Always chasing after Skywalker. How predictable. "

Obi-Wan steeled himself at the sight of the assassin. He had faced her before, and although she had never been formally trained as a Sith, her command of the dark side of the Force was strong.

"Anakin leaves quite a mess, " he replied. "Which always leads me to you, Ventress. "

"Take him!" Ventress ordered the super battle droids.

She ran for a side exit. Anakin Skywalker was a powerful Jedi, but she knew Obi-Wan was even stronger.

-- TCW Junior Novelization

Old Post Feb 17th, 2017 10:10 PM