KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Revan vs Darth Nihilus

Darth Revan vs Darth Nihilus
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Darth Revan vs Darth Nihilus

Confrontation takes place on the bridge of the Ravager. I think we can all safely agree that Darth Revan is stronger than Darth Traya. But is he capable of beating Nihilus? Nihilus may be more powerful, but could Revan's greater ability in combat afford him the win? Is Nihilus' Drain going to work? Discuss.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:29 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GhostRavage

Nihilus drained an entire planet of force sensitives and the entire Jedi council, so I’m pretty sure he can handle Darth Revan. Even without Force Drain, Nihilus still wins IMO. His telekinesis is absurdly powerful (capable of moving capital ships and dominating Kreia or the Exile, Marr, and Mandalore combined). He also is a high-level master in telepathic attacks (enslaved an entire crew including Visas Marr), and Force Stun (with the wave of his hand he could incapacitate the Exile, Marr, and Mandalore combined).

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:38 AM
Click here to Send GhostRavage a Private Message Find more posts by GhostRavage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan can resist his drain, probably. I'm not sure what happens after that.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:40 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Re: Darth Revan vs Darth Nihilus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
I think we can all safely agree that Darth Revan is stronger than Darth Traya.

Ehhhhhh

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I explained my case (briefly) in the ranking Darth Revan thread. I'm of course open to arguments that Traya's stronger, but as of yet I see Revan as the more powerful of the two.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:44 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Darth Revan's far more powerful than Kreia, yeah.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:44 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Not sure about far more powerful, just more powerful. I mean, if you hold that Revan was already far more powerful than her during the Mandalorian Wars, that might work.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 04:46 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Nihilus ain't getting subdued by Bastila.

Even if the Ravager is irreparably damaged at the hands of Darth Malak.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

What? Revan was subdued by turbolaser fire on his ship when he least expected it, not Bastila.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 05:41 AM
Miko Hacksaw

Nihilus: "Nom, nom, nom"

/the end.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 06:34 AM
Click here to Send Miko Hacksaw a Private Message Find more posts by Miko Hacksaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by SunRazer
I explained my case (briefly) in the ranking Darth Revan thread. I'm of course open to arguments that Traya's stronger, but as of yet I see Revan as the more powerful of the two.

Well, it's pretty easy to remove Traya and Nihilus from the quote about Mandalorian Wars Revan, and once you do it becomes pretty impossible to compare them.

I guess it stems from me still having immense difficulty ranking Traya, and probably seeing Darth Revan lower than most. I mean, if you look at Traya's only quantifiable feats (IE: not really involving the need to scale from other characters) she has arguably one of the greatest set of Sense feats in the entire mythos. She has control feats that eclipse a vast majority of force users that we rank highly.

She lacks alter, simply because of the game engine. There wasn't really any way of destroying the environment on a large scale, so all we see is her dominating other people, which is much easier to lowball...

So really it's difficult to find a definitive placement for her, if I had to rank her in a place I'd always condition it by saying she has a standard deviation. I just think the upper ends of where you could feasibly argue her to be are above Revan.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Selenial
Well, it's pretty easy to remove Traya and Nihilus from the quote about Mandalorian Wars Revan, and once you do it becomes pretty impossible to compare them.

I guess it stems from me still having immense difficulty ranking Traya, and probably seeing Darth Revan lower than most. I mean, if you look at Traya's only quantifiable feats (IE: not really involving the need to scale from other characters) she has arguably one of the greatest set of Sense feats in the entire mythos. She has control feats that eclipse a vast majority of force users that we rank highly.

She lacks alter, simply because of the game engine. There wasn't really any way of destroying the environment on a large scale, so all we see is her dominating other people, which is much easier to lowball...

So really it's difficult to find a definitive placement for her, if I had to rank her in a place I'd always condition it by saying she has a standard deviation. I just think the upper ends of where you could feasibly argue her to be are above Revan.

Revan was the strongest Jedi in the galaxy (before) he became Darth Revan. He was above Jedi Master Kriea during the time of Mandalorian Wars.

Assuming that Darth Traya is above Jedi Master Kriea as well, Revan's growth in power did not stop either. He explored Malachor V and is confirmed to have learned Sith powers (before) confonting Vitiate, and he would have grown further as Darth Revan.

So Darth Traya's superiority over Darth Revan at any point is unlikely.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 01:33 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Nihilus wins the Hunger Games and thus eats Revan.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 01:34 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan can resist his drain, probably. I'm not sure what happens after that.
^
Can't hold his own ship together with TK, though.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 01:58 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Revan was the strongest Jedi in the galaxy (before) he became Darth Revan. He was above Jedi Master Kriea during the time of Mandalorian Wars.

Assuming that Darth Traya is above Jedi Master Kriea as well, Revan's growth in power did not stop either. He explored Malachor V and is confirmed to have learned Sith powers (before) confonting Vitiate, and he would have grown further as Darth Revan.

So Darth Traya's superiority over Darth Revan at any point is unlikely.
He was the Jedi Order's most powerful champion, Kreia never championed the Jedi Order in any respect.

Regardless, I think Revan is more powerful yeah. And Kreia was after all in awe of him.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Peak Traya could reasonably have caught up to him after regaining her powers and draining the Masters.

Traya before the betrayal was surely lower than he or Malak tho imo.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Regardless, I think Revan is more powerful yeah. And Kreia was after all in awe of him.

In awe of him before she drained the masters. Don't forget, she was likely in awe of his incredible natural affinity for the force. She cared little for Nihilus' strength because it relied on hunger, that doesn't mean her being in awe of Revan means he's stronger than Nihilus. Drain lends an unnatural strength that she simply didn't respect, doesn't mean her power growth didn't eclipse Darth Revan's.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Peak Traya could reasonably have caught up to him after regaining her powers and draining the Masters.

Traya before the betrayal was surely lower than he or Malak tho imo.

Agreed, she seems to tear into her own after draining the masters, to be honest. She has some insane feats before that, but afterwards she literally gives zero ****s about anyone.

I'm not sure she'd be weaker than Darth Malak before the betrayal, it's hard to tell. She evidently cared little for power among the Sith at that point, and made no attempt to dominate the galaxy and take the Star Forge for herself in the DS alternate-continuity. Weaker than Revan for sure, but it's impossible to tell her standing compared to Malak.

Regardless, I don't really think Traya is stronger than Darth Revan. I think there's a pretty strong parity between them.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes, I'd put them at about equal as well. It seems like the most sensible placement given their relationship and the fact that she has insane feats while he has like, 2 good ones.

I would argue though that if she felt she could have killed Malak for "killing" Revan I think she probably would have.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Draining the Jedi Masters was intended to make her more powerful? Since when? And Traya isn't Nihilus, so I fail to see your point there.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

She grew more powerful by draining them, obviously. Thats how it works.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2017 03:34 PM