KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » AOTC Anakin vs Hero of Tython

AOTC Anakin vs Hero of Tython
Started by: nfactor1995

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

AOTC Anakin vs Hero of Tython

In an effort to see how far the sudden AOTC Anakin wank extends...AOTC Anakin vs Act III Hero of Tython. All-out fight, to the death, in the Jedi Temple.

Who wins and why?

Round 2: Lightsabers only

Old Post May 6th, 2017 10:30 AM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Sudden wank? lol

Old Post May 6th, 2017 11:40 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Hero one-shots.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 01:08 PM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by slayne
Hero one-shots.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 01:35 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Originally posted by SunRazer
Sudden wank? lol

Yep yep. AOTC Anakin being argued to have any sort of parity with Arcann classifies as sudden wank.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 07:26 PM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Hero one-shots.

Old Post May 6th, 2017 08:05 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by nfactor1995
Yep yep. AOTC Anakin being argued to have any sort of parity with Arcann classifies as sudden wank.

Not really. Some people have been putting AotC Anakin as comparable to Dooku for quite a while, with Dooku being the one getting the sudden raise recently rather than Anakin.

I mean, I just find it funny. Some of you peeps (not saying you specifically) criticize PT fans for wanking characters when it turns out that they have showings or accolades that you had no idea about. Instead of coming on board with the fact that you might not know everything about the character and having intelligent discussion with the newfound info, you then attempt damage control by producing little works of satire (ie. AotC Anakin vs Valkorion). And then you wonder why SW debating's gone to shit, because it's no longer about the better argument, but character preferences.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 01:27 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Case and point, Rebels Maul

Old Post May 7th, 2017 02:29 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

quote:
Some of you peeps (not saying you specifically) criticize PT fans for wanking characters when it turns out that they have showings or accolades that you had no idea about. Instead of coming on board with the fact that you might not know everything about the character and having intelligent discussion with the newfound info, you then attempt damage control by producing little works of satire (ie. AotC Anakin vs Valkorion). And then you wonder why SW debating's gone to shit, because it's no longer about the better argument, but character preferences.

It isn't character preferences or damage control at all. The only justification said PT fans ever gave for Anakin being > the HoT was 'better feats and accolades' without any comparison between the two whatsoever. There isn't really any 'intelligent discussion' to be had if that's all that's presented for Anakin's superiority, and, thus, the satire.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 02:37 AM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Honestly though I have to side wth arcann here, much as I'd love to hype aotc anakin to be an hot level juggernaut who I can accordingly scale kenobi, ventress, and off course later versions of anakin off

Old Post May 7th, 2017 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It isn't character preferences or damage control at all. The only justification said PT fans ever gave for Anakin being > the HoT was 'better feats and accolades' without any comparison between the two whatsoever. There isn't really any 'intelligent discussion' to be had if that's all that's presented for Anakin's superiority, and, thus, the satire.

Except we did elaborate by mentioning things like cordoning off Dooku's movements with Barrier mid-combat, hurling hut-sized boulders with ease, pressing Dooku in lightsaber combat, having mastery compared to that of Qui-Gon (whose own mastery of the Force has been deemed "perfect") a year prior to AotC, moving so fast as to appear everywhere a year prior to AotC, moving his lightsaber so fast so as to cover himself in the light of his blade, etc. Where was the response to any of that? Right, there was only the satire.

This isn't just on KMC either; a similar discussion between me and Nfactor on Comic Vine also contributed to this motion.

By the way, the other thread where this stuff was mentioned was Anakin vs Angral, not HoT.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 02:46 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Anakin wins

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 7th, 2017 04:00 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by SunRazer
Sudden wank? lol

Gotta agree with Nova here. They've been wanking him for many months now.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 04:01 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Years*

Old Post May 7th, 2017 04:05 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Nah, just feels like it. I know because it started really ramping up during the Trump campaign. smile

Old Post May 7th, 2017 04:06 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Wrong. Jack brought the level 9 stuff to Comic Vine years ago. Ant's more recent campaign was not the start of Anakin's wank.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 04:10 AM
UCanShootMyNova

You know what's being said here. A single person who presented information that didn't take years ago doesn't consist of a movement.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 04:21 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

That was the origin of Anakin being rated alongside Sidious and Yoda as a swordsman. It might've been a small movement, but ILS, I and others on CV all took that on board and used it as evidence for years. Unless, of course, you don't count that as excessive wank? smile

Ant's recent push was just trying to publicize it further. It's just bigger and newer, not the original movement.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 04:30 AM
UCanShootMyNova

I don't.

You're comparing first wave feminism to third wave feminism.

Old Post May 7th, 2017 04:39 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

laughing out loud Knew that'd come up.

So which part is the wank, if it's not him being level 9?

Old Post May 7th, 2017 04:40 AM