KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs Asajj Ventress & Ahsoka Tano (Sabers Only)

Darth Vader vs Asajj Ventress & Ahsoka Tano (Sabers Only)
Started by: chingchangwalla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darth Vader vs Asajj Ventress & Ahsoka Tano (Sabers Only)

- Ventress as of DD
- Ahsoka as of Rebels
- Vader as of Rebels

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:27 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Well as you can see by Vader rapidly driving her back, Tano is near equal to him. Asajj bridges the gap.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:30 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chingchangwalla
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
Tano is near equal to him

embarrasment

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:34 AM
Click here to Send chingchangwalla a Private Message Find more posts by chingchangwalla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

B-b-but muh 50 seconds off-screen, b-b-but muh force push! She's ~ him, tbh.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:36 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Rebels Vader? He gets cut into ribbons.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 08:51 AM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by MythLord
Well as you can see by Vader rapidly driving her back, Tano is near equal to him. Asajj bridges the gap.

You aren't driving someone back, when they're going around you.

And yea, not sure why we should consider 20 seconds of fighting as more significant as the minute plus that preceded it.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:00 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
You aren't driving someone back

I take it you watched a different fight from the one Wollf and I watched.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:01 AM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by thesithmaster
I take it you watched a different fight from the one Wollf and I watched.

Try and keep up. Before we see the scene cut away, Ahsoka was able to go around Vader as she gave ground. In order to drive someone back, they actually have to stay behind you.

Furthermore, several seconds before the cut away, we see they're already under the gate, by the time the scene cuts back (after 50 seconds) they haven't even gone around the first triangle right around the gate.

In other words, very little ground was given over a long amount of time, hence they were fighting roughly evenly. Add in that Ahsoka had the advantage at the start of the fight, and we have Ahsoka being even with Vader, on a nexus, against someone who trained her(which counteracts Ahsoka being trained for big opponents) for more than a minute before finally starting to lose in the last leg of their bout (Which is almost two minutes before being prematurely ended via bfr).

BTW: Taking someone's words out of context and only responding to a portion of what they post is dishonest debating tbh.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:47 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd side with team. Asajj's Makashi should do wonders against a clunker like Vader.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 12:08 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Before we see the scene cut away, Ahsoka was able to go around Vader as she gave ground. In order to drive someone back, they actually have to stay behind you.

I almost suffered a stroke trying to make sense of this.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 05:19 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Ahsoka contended with him pretty well on her own, with Ventress at her side she takes a sabers only fight. Just to be clear though in all-out, Vader would still win since he'd casually TK dismiss Ventress.

And just to be clear, Vader was driving her back, but not rapidly as Wollf is claiming. Aside from that few seconds in the fight before the cutaway, Ahsoka only gave ground slowly for the rest of the fight. With Vader partially off guard, but still aware of Ahsoka and starting to defend against her as she was charging him she managed to land a strike on his face. Again, the strike was somewhat circumstantial, however for her to land a strike when Vader sees her coming and deflects the first strike in her offensive there must be some parity between them. Then she also met Vader in a bladelock with her back turned, which someone doesn't do lightly. Clearly there is some parity between them as duelists even though the fight makes it evident that Vader is superior.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Aug 20th, 2017 at 06:15 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by TenebrousWay

If someone is going around you, then they're not being driven back.

Just like if someone rotates around you and you are able to turn to respond, you're not being outmanuvered

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 07:01 PM
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

Originally posted by TenebrousWay

You didn't suffer a stroke? You're a really healthy person.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:08 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Rocky, I agree with you that the fight was more contentious than some people here would care to admit, but if the location of the fight is moving in a specific direction that is being driven by Vader, then yes he is forcing her to give ground. She's giving ground at a pretty slow pace, but she's giving ground nonetheless.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Rocky, I agree with you that the fight was more contentious than some people here would care to admit, but if the location of the fight is moving in a specific direction that is being driven by Vader, then yes he is forcing her to give ground. She's giving ground at a pretty slow pace, but she's giving ground nonetheless.

I can agree he was gradually forcing her back during the time off screen and hence had a minor advantage.

That being said, it's unfair to consider that, and then not acknowledge that Ahsoka clearly had the upperhand at the start, landing the only direct physical hit of the fight before proceeding to dance around Vader forcing him to overextend himself.

So overall, looking at the first minute plus of the encounter, the fight was roughly even. It's only afterward on the last leg that Vader gains a clear upperhand.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 10:00 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I can agree he was gradually forcing her back during the time off screen and hence had a minor advantage.

That being said, it's unfair to consider that, and then not acknowledge that Ahsoka clearly had the upperhand at the start, landing the only direct physical hit of the fight before proceeding to dance around Vader forcing him to overextend himself.

So overall, looking at the first minute plus of the encounter, the fight was roughly even. It's only afterward on the last leg that Vader gains a clear upperhand.

No it's after the initial opening of the fight that Vader gains and keeps the upper hand.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 10:46 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
No it's after the initial opening of the fight that Vader gains and keeps the upper hand.

Yea, but all Vader has yielded as of this is gaining some ground over a lengthy period of time. That doesn't seem like more of a gain to me then landing a hit and forcing your opponent to overextend. Overall, at this point, the fight's relatively even. It's afterwards when Vader continues to drive Ahsoka back at a faster pace that what Vader has done is more impressive than what Ahsoka has been able to do.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 10:54 PM