KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Reborn Krayt

Anakin & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Reborn Krayt
Started by: ThirdReich

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Reborn Krayt

Anakin and Obi-Wan as of ROTS
Force
Sabers
All-Out

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 08:27 AM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

Anakin solos, but Obi-Wan dies.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 08:30 AM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli

Reasons.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 08:32 AM
Click here to Send ThirdReich a Private Message Find more posts by ThirdReich Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Team

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 08:57 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Krayt. Obi-Wan isn't relevant evidently.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 09:00 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Azronger
Team

Originally posted by ThirdReich
Reasons.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 09:02 AM
thesithmaster
Dark Lord of the Sith

The team. Though Krayt winning some rounds is definitely a possibility.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 10:04 AM
Click here to Send thesithmaster a Private Message Find more posts by thesithmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I mean, are we taking Anakin and Obi-Wan as some unstoppable duo, or a duo in which Obi-Wan's presence is completely irrelevant when taking on one opponent?

The lore suggests they're an unstoppable duo. The ROTS fight suggests that either the opponent is weak enough for Anakin to solo and thus Obi-Wan isn't needed, or the opponent is strong enough to dismiss Kenobi with the Force again making his contribution have no impact on the outcome of the fight. Dooku happened to fit in both of those categories.

I mean I hate to lowball everyone's favorite dream team, and believe me I have no love of Krayt, but if the ROTS 2v1 is to be taken as a serious representation of this duo, then Obi-Wan's presence is worthless and I don't see Anakin soloing Krayt.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Aug 26th, 2017 at 10:19 AM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 10:16 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean, are we taking Anakin and Obi-Wan as some unstoppable duo, or a duo in which Obi-Wan's presence is completely irrelevant when taking on one opponent?

The lore suggests they're an unstoppable duo. The ROTS fight suggests that either the opponent is weak enough for Anakin to solo and thus Obi-Wan isn't needed, or the opponent is strong enough to dismiss Kenobi with the Force again making his contribution have no impact on the outcome of the fight. Dooku happened to fit in both of those categories.

I mean I hate to lowball everyone's favorite dream team, and believe me I have no love of Krayt, but if the ROTS 2v1 is to be taken as a serious representation of this duo, then Obi-Wan's presence is worthless and I don't see Anakin soloing Krayt.

How low do you have Anakin lol

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 10:37 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 11:08 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 12:33 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Emperordmb

I mean your assumption there is that anyone whose Dooku's superior in the Force would TK Obi-Wan just the same.

Dooku also handled Kenobi via physical attacks in S6. Same trio fighting.

I'm putting it down to Dooku just knowing how best to handle Kenobi. As I honestly don't see a big power gap between Obi-Wan and Dooku. Dooku's better sure, but not to the extent where Kenobi's presence should be insignificant.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 12:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

Originally posted by Darth Thor
As I honestly don't see a big power gap between Obi-Wan and Dooku.

Given that Kenobi has clearly failed to be anything more than a slight nuisance to Dooku, that would be wrong.

Dooku's better sure, but not to the extent where Kenobi's presence should be insignificant.

Based on?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 01:29 PM
Click here to Send ChocolateMuesli a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateMuesli Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThirdReich
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean your assumption there is that anyone whose Dooku's superior in the Force would TK Obi-Wan just the same.

Yep... even people below Dooku in the force like Maul can shitstomp Kenobi with the force

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 01:41 PM
UCanShootMyNova

Krayt.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 03:18 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Azronger
How low do you have Anakin lol

About as low as me. smile

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 03:19 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Given that Kenobi has clearly failed to be anything more than a slight nuisance to Dooku, that would be wrong.

Based on?

Based on their performances against others. Anakin and Savage mainly

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 03:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateMuesli

Based on their performances against others. Anakin and Savage mainly

Anakin was not at his best when Kenobi won, so that one's out. What are you referring to by mentioning Savage, tho?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 03:34 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ThirdReich
Yep... even people below Dooku in the force like Maul can shitstomp Kenobi with the force

If that was true Maul would have a better win record against Kenobi.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 03:47 PM
Darth Thor

Anakin was not at his best when Kenobi won, so that one's out. What are you referring to by mentioning Savage, tho?

It's not just completely out. Dooku struggled against Anakin throughout the clone wars. I doubt Mustafar Anakin was below say S4 Anakin. Especially when we have the official website confirming his powers grew as he embraced the dark side. Plus his skill level would have been the same as well.

He also physically handled Anakin in S4 as Rako Hardeen.

Kenobi shit stomping Savage while fighting off Maul. Compare that to Savage flooring Dooku while tackling him with Ventress.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 26th, 2017 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 03:49 PM