KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » POLL - Darth Maul: TPM vs Rebels

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
TPM Maul wins. 19 67.86%
Draw. 1 3.57%
Rebels Maul wins. 8 28.57%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

POLL - Darth Maul: TPM vs Rebels
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Warning POLL - Darth Maul: TPM vs Rebels

Vote in the poll and comment who wins.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Rebels Maul is in the range of a force user who several years pre-rebels was pulling ships out of the sky that were significantly larger than the ship TCW Maul dragged a few feet. The less powerful TPM Maul gets clowned with the force.

Sabers wise, the evidence for maul having degraded as of TCW, where's he's authoritatively more impressive than TPM Maul both physically and in terms of skill, would be:
quote:

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Not that this is necessarily indication of degradation, but TPM Maul's said to be a more skilled duelist than Dooku.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Quote?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:55 PM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The list from AEYNTK.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:56 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Why is canon making itself out to be even dumber than Legends lol

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 10:57 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by slayne
Quote?

He's referring to this gem:
quote:

I'm genuinely curious what AZ would make of it given he has Kenobi as capable of legitimately three-shotting Maul post-prime.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Oct 7th, 2017 at 11:03 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There’s TPM Maul who still had his full Force potential, was in his physical prime, and constantly training under Sidious.

Then there’s Rebels Maul whose been in hiding for decades with no master or apprentice, whose broken and stuck in the past.

Hmmm...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Potential is relevant how?

And that Maul was in his physical prime is an assumption yea, force augmentation is a thing, and the more powerful a force user, the more powerful is his augmentation.

Rebels Maul colelcted artifacts, looked for holocrons, and was troubling the empire during his decade. And yea, he was a broken character stuck in his TPM past, which again regards Emotional growth, not combative growth.

So again, in terms of evidence regarding Maul's combative abilities degrading, we have...
quote:

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:26 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Potential is relevant how?

LOL

Yeah 2 combatants with the same level of skill and training. Jeez I wonder what difference potential and mind set would make.

And that Maul was in his physical prime is an assumption yea, force augmentation is a thing, and the more powerful a force user, the more powerful is his augmentation.

Yeah it’s just an assumption that Pre-Prime Pre-TPM Maul was grappling with Rathtars right...

Urrm.. You do realise TPM Maul can also augment his strength right? Because I must have missed the part where you proved Rebels Maul was more powerful in the Force than his TPM self.

Rebels Maul colelcted artifacts, looked for holocrons, and was troubling the empire during his decade. And yea, he was a broken character stuck in his TPM past, which again regards Emotional growth, not combative growth.

Ooh he collected artefacts? Wow I didn’t realise collecting items made people more powerful.. My bad.

Yeah mind sets don’t effect use of the Force or combat ability right? AHEM Mustafar Anakin AHEM

So again, in terms of evidence regarding Maul's combative abilities degrading, we have...

Yeah that plus there’s really no contest in terms of feats.

You on the other hand have presented absolutely nothing to back up Rebels Maul’s case.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 12:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote:

LOL

Yeah 2 combatants with the same level of skill and training. Jeez I wonder what difference potential and mind set would make

The word you're looking for here is power, not potential. Again, Maul has had time to grow with power and atm has relativity with Rebels Vader. I'll repeat, Vader several years pre-rebels has done a better version of TCW Maul's best feat. Remember, TCW Maul is more powerful than TPM Maul. Applying logic, the more powerful combatant here is Rebels Maul.

I'll get to mindset later...
quote:
Yeah it’s just an assumption that Pre-Prime Pre-TPM Maul was grappling with Rathtars right...

Urrm.. You do realise TPM Maul can also augment his strength right? Because I must have missed the part where you proved Rebels Maul was more powerful in the Force than his TPM self.

There's a key part you're missing here: Maul is still Maul.

Hence, unless you can prove Maul has degraded, Maul would get any feats earlier versions of Maul have.

And unsuprisngly, you completely ignored the argument I made earlier for Rebels Maul being more powerful. And yes, generally, gaining knowledge and mastery correlates with more powerful. Not to mention that aside from what someone reading what you've said what you think, Maul only spent a fraction of his time stranded on Malachor. He spent his time before that travelling the galaxy and looking for sh!t, troubling the empire to the point that he was considered a "shadow" and struck fear into all the inqusitors, and then after Malachor, was engaged in multiple fights, and was searching the galaxy.

So this notion that Maul was inactive is simply false.

So I'm at a loss for what you reasoning for Maul having degraded here is.
quote:

Ooh he collected artefacts? Wow I didn’t realise collecting items made people more powerful.. My bad.

Yeah mind sets don’t effect use of the Force or combat ability right? AHEM Mustafar Anakin AHEM

Nice false equivalency bro thumb up
The problem with Anakin was he wasn't committed to the darkside. He was conflicted, "vulnerable between two worlds".

The opposite is true for Maul who's commitment to the darkside strengthened as both his hate and anger grew.

That this would make a darksider weaker is up to you to prove.
quote:

Yeah that plus there’s really no contest in terms of feats.

Again, Maul is still the same character, so you need to prove there's a degradement for Maul to suddenly not to be capable of what versions of him who have had less time to grow are capable of.
quote:

You on the other hand have presented absolutely nothing to back up Rebels Maul’s case.

I presented a power based argument with my first quote.

There's also the matter of the Feloni quote. I'm sure you will adamantly repeat ad nausea how you've debunked it. Though, I'd advise you to set a higher bar for yourself. Trying to apply the context of a separate quote from a different person to Feloni's statement is a pretty weak rebuttal. sad

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 02:08 AM
darthbane77

TPM Maul blitzes. Rebels Maul is a *****.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 02:47 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by darthbane77
TPM Maul blitzes. Rebels Maul is a *****.

This is the right answer.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 02:50 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Damn, TPM Maul dominating the poll. You know the Rocky Brigade taking mad Ls if they can't even split vs TPM.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 03:14 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Damn, TPM Maul dominating the poll. You know the Rocky Brigade taking mad Ls if they can't even split vs TPM.

You're unhealthily obsessed with brigades and consensus.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 03:16 AM
Rebel95

Again, Maul is still the same character, so you need to prove there's a degradement for Maul to suddenly not to be capable of what versions of him who have had less time to grow are capable of.

Lol, that's not how it works buddy. It's uncertain whether or not Maul grew in power so he doesn't get his old feats unless it's proven that he hasn't declined. Or does ESB Yoda still get his feats from ROTS? laughing out loud

Last edited by Rebel95 on Oct 8th, 2017 at 03:38 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Rebel95
Lol, that's not how it works buddy. It's uncertain whether or not Maul grew in power so he doesn't get his old feats unless it's proven that he hasn't declined.

Setting aside the argument I've made for Maul being more powerful...
Maul growing is just as possible as maul declining in terms of power(again, assuming there haven't been arguments already made).

Hence thor's original post which asserts Maul's pre-rebels feat mark him as more impressive is wholly dependent on the unproven assumption that Maul has declined.

I've already made a case for why I think maul is more powerful, however my response was to an assertion Thor made and hasn't bothered trying to fufill the burden of proof for
Originally posted by Rebel95
Or does ESB Yoda still get his feats from ROTS? laughing out loud [/B]

ESB Yoda was using the force to keep himself alive. Not a great example.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 03:54 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Not that this is necessarily indication of degradation, but TPM Maul's said to be a more skilled duelist than Dooku.

That has Asajj being > Savage and Vader being > Sidious, neither of which is true. It's more likely to be popularity based than anything else.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 07:13 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The author confirmed it's saber skill.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 07:14 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by MythLord
[B]That has Asajj being > Savage

Sure she isn't, I guess that's why she was stalemating him pre-prime erm

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 07:29 AM