KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah

Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah
Started by: TheNuisanceBird

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheNuisanceBird
Wrecker - Scientist Class

Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah

Just finished watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDV2pAeI6co

Thoughts?

I'm not so sure on Zannah's sorcery against Anakin. While it is the most important thing in the entire match up I feel Anakin and Obi-Wan were undersold at sometimes.

I personally would have Anakin > Bane as a duelist especially when taking Anakin's strength and expereince into account.

"Dooku is not top tier,-" - Jensaarai1.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w
IG: red_spade_25
Twitter: @AnikenJonas

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:50 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Anakin would solo and, frankly, arguing otherwise is essentially impossible.

Zannah's sorcery would be useless against Anakin, and Anakin would stomp Bane with relative ease.

Disappointed in this video, but to be honest, I didn't expect much.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:59 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Anakin would solo and, frankly, arguing otherwise is essentially impossible.

Zannah's sorcery would be useless against Anakin, and Anakin would stomp Bane with relative ease.

Disappointed in this video, but to be honest, I didn't expect much.

Solo? Zonakin and Fallikin for sure.

Useless? I'm not that familiar with Zannah's sorcery to be honest but I don't see her holding up to Anakin for long. He'd likely plow through her before she could make a gap.

I think Zannah's defenses were blown up a little. Kenobi could probably penetrate her defenses due both indirectly and directly.

In the "early fight" I feel even if Anakin doesn't dismantle Bane the way he did Drallig hd'd still catch Bane off guard with his strength.

Antoine saying Zannah's skill with Soresu is near Kenobi's almost made me lol

One of the few places Evannova gets it right is with Bane's experience as a duelist although it's not as much of an issue as he makes it out to be.

YouTube Channel With VS Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhNQdtnbLQf80P-91V917w

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:13 AM
Click here to Send TheNuisanceBird a Private Message Find more posts by TheNuisanceBird Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Solo? Zonakin and Fallikin for sure.

Excuse me if I'm misinterpreting, but obviously note "Zonakin" is literally just how Anakin is after his fight with Dooku and is not a temporary boost.

Then, regarding "Fallikin," that's just a more powerful version of "Zonakin," achieved by fully embracing the dark-side.

So, when one talks of Anakin, "Fallikin" would simply be his natural peak incarnation.

quote:
Useless? I'm not that familiar with Zannah's sorcery to be honest but I don't see her holding up to Anakin for long.

Her combat applicable power would need to surpass Anakin's raw power for it to work effectively, which is, well, impossible.

quote:
He'd likely plow through her before she could make a gap.

She could make fifteen gaps and it likely wouldn't matter. But, yeah, she isn't lasting long at all.

quote:
I think Zannah's defenses were blown up a little. Kenobi could probably penetrate her defenses due both indirectly and directly.

Kenobi's a vastly superior swordsman than Zannah in both regards.

For defense, even Dooku is in awe over his defenses and explicitly cannot penetrate him.

For offense, refer to his fights with Maul (especially TPM) and Grievous (especially ROTS).

quote:
In the "early fight" I feel even if Anakin doesn't dismantle Bane the way he did Drallig hd'd still catch Bane off guard with his strength.

There's just no way Bane could survive his onslaught. One must consider Dooku handled the physical strength of Grievous or Mace fine.

Dooku's not physically weak - he's monstrously strong, but was almost killed by Anakin in just three attacks.

Anakin is just... the Chosen One. And then we can get into a discussion over how Anakin's stronger than Yoda, etc...

quote:
Antoine saying Zannah's skill with Soresu is near Kenobi's almost made me lol

thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 31st, 2017 at 02:26 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:20 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin is the best duelist here but dunno how he'd handle Zannah's sorcery, I wanna hear DMB or Myth's opinion on this.

Obi's a weak link though

Last edited by godemperortrump on Oct 31st, 2017 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:37 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Didn't Orb Bane outlast Raskta Lsu's blows whilst simultaneously countering her allies attacks, which were stated to be far more blows than those that it took for Grievous to break Kenobi's shield wall?

Just food for thought.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:40 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah

Just finished watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDV2pAeI6co

Thoughts?

I'm not so sure on Zannah's sorcery against Anakin. While it is the most important thing in the entire match up I feel Anakin and Obi-Wan were undersold at sometimes.

I personally would have Anakin > Bane as a duelist especially when taking Anakin's strength and expereince into account.

Anakin is a better duelist than Bane sure, but not by that much. Lmao what makes you think Ani is so much more experienced that it would give him the win? Or strength wise, how would he defeat Bane with his strength? The difference is negligible.

Last edited by godemperortrump on Oct 31st, 2017 at 02:42 AM

Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNuisanceBird

Wasn't there a thing on the saber project interview when Gillard said something about how Anakin using the dark side is how he gets to 9? Like how a teenager taking LSD can do crazy shit for a few hours. That's what I meant by Fallikan. Zonakin to me has been once he tapped into his potential aboard the Invisible Hand where I remember in the ROTS novel Anakin thinking back to how what happened during his fight with Dooku would give the Council a reason to fear his power.

So it wouldn't even work for a brief second as Antoine suggests? Wouldn't any impending probe cause Angry Anakin to lose his temper before it could even take effect?

Actually, hold up. Now that I think about it Anakin has been shown to be able to outrun the vacuum of space even when having to bend down and pick up Sera Keto. I'm barely familiar with Zannah although I can't think of a speed feat I've seen on a respect thread that suggests she wouldn't get speed blitzed. Also in head canon Anakin's possibly faster than Yoda considering the quote in the ROTS calling him the strongest Jedi is something like; "the strongest, and the fastest".

While Bane's feat of protecting himself from a rainstorm is impressive, Zannah's skill is what some say is below Ventress' level although again, I barely know anything about her asides from her birth name being "Rain". At least I think so.

Now that I think of it, a more fair match up might have been having both of them fight Kenobi lol

The only issue would be the Force abilities.

TheNuisanceBird

Re: Re: Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah

Originally posted by godemperortrump
Anakin is a better duelist than Bane sure, but not by that much. Lmao what makes you think Ani is so much more experienced to give him the win? Or stronger? The difference is negligible.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t636525.html

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:41 AM
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t636525.html

Nice argument, linking me to a thread someone else made explaining how he's stronger than Dooku. Bane isn't as physically handicapped as Dooku.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:44 AM
TheNuisanceBird

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kenobi and Skywalker VS Bane and Zannah

Nice argument, linking me to a thread someone else made explaining how he's stronger than Dooku. Bane isn't as physically handicapped as Dooku.

*Facepalm

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:48 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

and explicitly cannot penetrate him.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

So it wouldn't even work for a brief second as Antoine suggests? Wouldn't any impending probe cause Angry Anakin to lose his temper before it could even take effect?

So, how that works:

Legends has established since the Jedi Academy books that a Force-user can't just go searching through another's deep fears, emotions, and experiences without resistance. All Force-user's have a Force shield guarding their mind that protects them from said probing. This Force shield, as Luke learned when he tried to probe Kyp Durron and was was hurled across a room, is a reflection of their full potential. So, in the case of Zannah, she will be unable to capitalize on any of Anakin's true emotional demons, since there is no way in hell she will be capable of overcoming that Force shield. Further, if she tries, she might be instantly destroyed, considering how ****ed up Luke got simply trying to gauge Durron's power. Could Zannah still use Anakin's surface thoughts against him? Sure, but post-mid Invisible Hand fight, there's nothing to even use against Anakin. So, yeah, Zannah's sorcery would be entirely ineffective against someone like Anakin.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 02:57 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

In short, there's a reason why Sidious or the Son can't just telepathically possess Anakin and force him to do their bidding.

Anakin's too strong for them, and he's obviously too strong for Darth ****ing Zannah too.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:02 AM
TheNuisanceBird

So, how that works:

Legends has established since the Jedi Academy books that a Force-user can't just go searching through another's deep fears, emotions, and experiences without resistance. All Force-user's have a Force shield guarding their mind that protects them from said probing. This Force shield, as Luke learned when he tried to probe Kyp Durron and was was hurled across a room, is a reflection of their full potential. So, in the case of Zannah, she will be unable to capitalize on any of Anakin's true emotional demons, since there is no way in hell she will be capable of overcoming that Force shield. Further, if she tries, she might be instantly destroyed, considering how ****ed up Luke got simply trying to gauge Durron's power. Could Zannah still use Anakin's surface thoughts against him? Sure, but post-mid Invisible Hand fight, there's nothing to even use against Anakin. So, yeah, Zannah's sorcery would be entirely ineffective against someone like Anakin.

So like a Force wall for telepathy? She likely wouldn't have as much time to do so as Antoine suggests.

I also feel how he left out how Kenobi and Skywalker would likely be fighting together. Even if we go with his version of Anakin, the two Jedi would work as a team.

This is one of the few times I do this, but this is what the Plo Koon and Shaak Ti team advantage in the Dooku and Maul would do.

So overall, even if Anakin and Zannah start at opposite sides of a football field, Zannah wouldn't be able to get ahold of anything as Anakin Dino charges towards her.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:03 AM
TheNuisanceBird

In short, there's a reason why Sidious or the Son can't just telepathically possess Anakin and force him to do their bidding.

Anakin's too strong for them, and he's obviously too strong for Darth ****ing Zannah too.

So ironically Dun Moch would be a safer option than Soth sorcery.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:04 AM
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

So the argument is Zannah couldn't break Anakin because he's too powerful?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:10 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

So the argument is Zannah couldn't break Anakin because he's too powerful?

Sure?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:19 AM
MythLord
Diamond

Malak can resist Zannah's sorcery cause he knows Force Fear, but Anakin and Obi-Wan can't because... reasons.

Anakin needs a better teammate, but he's beating either Bane or Zannah.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 07:26 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jedi stomp

Either can solo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:37 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote