KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Could Darth Maul replicate Dooku's showing against Yoda in AOTC?

Could Darth Maul replicate Dooku's showing against Yoda in AOTC?
Started by: godemperortrump

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Could Darth Maul replicate Dooku's showing against Yoda in AOTC?

- Maul as of SOD and he's bloodlusted

Could Maul replicate Dooku's showing against Yoda? Why or Why Not?

To be clear I'm only referring to the lightsaber duel, not the TK/Lightning battle at the beginning.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 06:46 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

He probably could do as well as Dooku only I don't see bloodlusted Maul having enough sense to quit once he realized he's outmatched. He'd probably double down on his aggression and end up getting skewered by Yoda.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 06:54 AM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

nope, Dooku is a more refined swordsman; his only way to compete with Yoda really

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 07:27 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
nope, Dooku is a more refined swordsman; his only way to compete with Yoda really

This argument has been debunked so many times it's ridiculous... Just because Dooku looks more elegant when he fights, doesn't make him more refined.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 07:49 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greysentinel365

No.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 07:57 AM
Click here to Send Greysentinel365 a Private Message Find more posts by Greysentinel365 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

No.
Dooku being Yoda's student played a rather big role.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 09:59 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Dooku lasted 40 seconds against Yoda and fled with his saber in hand. A bloodlusted and rage-amped Maul got blitzed and disarmed in 5 seconds by a toying Sidious. Why is this a question, again?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 10:43 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by relentless1
[QUOTE=16437077]

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 11:41 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Azronger
Dooku lasted 40 seconds against Yoda and fled with his saber in hand. A bloodlusted and rage-amped Maul got blitzed and disarmed in 5 seconds by a toying Sidious. Why is this a question, again?
You're kidding yourself if you think the same thing wouldn't happen to Dooku. Equating Yoda and Sidious as well as both fights is fallacious. Too many moving parts in each that aren't related.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 06:54 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by ILS
You're kidding yourself if you think the same thing wouldn't happen to Dooku. Equating Yoda and Sidious as well as both fights is fallacious. Too many moving parts in each that aren't related.

Yoda wouldn't hold back against Maul, though.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 07:09 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by Azronger

Also, this argument is flawed, because Nova made a good case for Yoda improving from AoTC to ROTS. You can ask him for the specifics, because I have forgotten it.

Another reason is that Yoda's abilities against Palpatine would be stretched to the limits because the latter is superior to him, whereas, even setting aside the fact that Yoda would hold back against Dooku, the fact is that Dooku is significantly inferior to even AoTC Yoda. In general, you aren't close to giving your best, if the challenge you face is appreciably lesser than your level, even if you seemingly try. You probably get the gist of what I am trying to say here.

I get that this statement was meant to be a casual way of expressing your opinion based on an obvious extremity, however, these multiple points of contention are noticeable enough on their own, and together, seriously challenge this premise.

OT, Maul can't. He can get reasonably close though.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 07:36 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight
[B]Also, this argument is flawed, because Nova made a good case for Yoda improving from AoTC to ROTS. You can ask him for the specifics, because I have forgotten it.

The theory doesn't really seem to hold much weight.
"Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council."- Darth Maul Shadow Hunter.

As well as being able to lift only 5 of the 6 Munturr stones since he turned 700.

As for this thread? No. Yoda would demolish Maul in ~20 seconds. Perhaps even less.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 01:02 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Maul cannot replicate attacking Yoda while the latter is on the defence the whole time, and then fleeing when he is beaten?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 01:10 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Looks like I'll have ro debate the merits of Yooku scaling again.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by Lord Stark
The theory doesn't really seem to hold much weight.
"Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council."- Darth Maul Shadow Hunter.

As well as being able to lift only 5 of the 6 Munturr stones since he turned 700.

As for this thread? No. Yoda would demolish Maul in ~20 seconds. Perhaps even less.

As I said, ask him for the full argument, because I have forgotten most of it. If I remember correctly though, one of them hinges on him just shaking off his rustiness and "out of practice" self as the rise of the dark side and the Sith was near. As an example, there is a Jedi who was able to lift all 7 stones, and Fae Coven who was able to lift 6, both of whom outperformed Yoda there. Yet by TPM, Yoda is the most powerful Jedi who has ever lived, surpassing them both. It is possible that he reached a peak somewhere in between, then declined, and then ascended to that peak again, by ROTS.

I could make a fallacious argument by limiting 200 BBY Yoda to the kind of telekinesis that is pretty commonplace in Legends and then going on to say that Yoda performed Tk feats later on that blows this one out of the galaxy, or that he was near equal to Sidious in power( his biggest credit by far) who could do this kind of stuff in his sleep. But I recognize that power levels and force capabilities are depicted a lot differently for PT era characters in different material.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 06:11 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

He accomplished something similar against Sidious after Savage's death, so I figure it's not impossible for him.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 06:24 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Maul accomplished nothing:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...r-team-1913166/

(post#15)

Maul doesn't get sh!t from Sidious.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2017 07:43 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

no lol he'd get stomped

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 13th, 2017 04:42 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samappo

Maul gets raped. He is a lot less proficient force wise than Dooku, which means if Sidious could ragdoll him, I don't see why Yoda couldn't. Lightsabers wouldn't even be drawn.

The Sith are not placid stars but singularities. Rather than burn with muted purpose, we warp space and time to twist the galaxy to our own design. - Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 12:43 AM
Click here to Send samappo a Private Message Find more posts by samappo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote