KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs. Vitiate

Darth Maul vs. Vitiate
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

Darth Maul vs. Vitiate

Tpm Maul meets "Revan" incarnation Vitiate in the fields of Dantooine. If Maul destroys make it Valkorion. If Vitiate wins make it Post Nathema Vitiate. Who wins?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 10:13 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Distance?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 10:14 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

6 meters away.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 10:15 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
6 meters away.

Maul wins.

vs. Valkorion: depends on how quickly Valkorion reacts; on paper Valkorion has the tools to win if he pulls them off.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 10:16 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Merchant
6 meters away.
Ooft. Maul's in with a shot in that case.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 10:18 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The Emperor in a single attack.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 10:40 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Hard to say both are highly incompetent

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 21st, 2018 11:00 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayne
Revanite

Vitiate, zero effort.

Last edited by slayne on Jan 22nd, 2018 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 12:10 AM
Click here to Send slayne a Private Message Find more posts by slayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Emperor in a single attack.
Originally posted by slayne
Vitiate, zero effort.
What's his best reaction feat that applies off-nexus and at a 20 foot distance?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:00 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

>tmw tenebrae has only once set foot on a non-nexus environment

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

Originally posted by ILS
What's his best reaction feat that applies off-nexus and at a 20 foot distance?

Stopping time as a spirit.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:16 AM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
>tmw tenebrae has only once set foot on a non-nexus environment

Ouch.

Just looking through my old documents and this feat in particular stands out:

quote:
Maul waited until the moon was low in the sky before he went to Lommite Limited's headquarters at the base of the escarpment. The incidents of sabotage had caused the complex of buildings to be placed on high alert. Armed sentries, some accompanied by leashed beasts, patrolled, and powerful illuminators cast circles of brilliant light over the spacious grounds. A five-meter-high electrified stun fence encompassed everything.
Maul spent an hour studying the movements of the sentries, the periodic sweeps of the illuminators, the towering fence, and the motion detector lasers that gridded the broad lawn beyond.
[...]
When he was satisfied that he had committed the results of his reconnaissance to memory, he shrugged out of his cloak and leapt straight up over the fence, landing precisely where some of the rocks he had tossed rested. Then he sprang to a series of other sites that ultimately carried him to the wall of the principal building, moving with such speed the entire time that whatever holorecordings were being made wouldn't show him unless they were played in slow motion.
He reached one of the doors and found it locked, so he began to work his way around the building, testing other doors and windows, all of which were similarly secured.
―Darth Maul: Saboteur

So while avoiding security patrols, skylights and motion detection lasers, Maul runs, jumps and climbs through these headquarters so quickly that if you even wanted a camera to see him, it needs to be put in slow motion. Not see him with any great clarity, just finally be able to register he exists. And this isn't him in a combat situation, trying to murder his opponent with absolute efficiency, travelling in a straight line, which would allow him to move much more quickly.

Vitiate might not be ready in time before Maul cuts his head off here.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:24 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

All jokes aside, it should be clear Vitiate can operate at speeds vastly greater than Maul, lawl.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:30 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why's that kiddo?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:32 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

There's generally a clear correlation between Force power and Force power-augmented speed.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:33 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not always.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:35 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

There's generally a clear correlation between Force power and Force power-augmented speed.

And a clear correlation between Vitiate and underperforming in combat.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 01:56 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

All jokes aside, it should be clear Vitiate can operate at speeds vastly greater than Maul, lawl.

thumb up

HoT was literally a foot away from an insanely weakened Vitiate and no blitzing occurred. Still don't see Vitiate not defeating Maul in a single attack.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 02:29 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You and I are the upholders of the PT

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 02:34 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Novel Vitiate != SWTOR Vitiate. Novel Vitiate on a powerful dark side nexus gets disarmed by Meetra Surik's saber throw, nearly blindsided by T3, and knocked on his ass by his own lightning bolts. There's basically no evidence that he has bothered to refine his reflexes or close-quarters combat abilities at all, given that his imperial guard basically makes it impossible for any of his fodder to get as close to him as Maul starts in this fight.

Likewise, Force augmentation is correlated more closely with "raw" power than other, more external abilities are, and Maul's raw potential rivals Palpatine's. Add that to his far more relevant training and specialization in close quarters combat and speed-blitzing feats and it's unclear if a sorcerer like Tenebrae would be prepared to deal with one of the fastest and deadliest combatants in the mythos standing six meters away from him.

(HoT was also weakened but ILS and co. can handle that)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2018 02:55 AM