KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » *CANON* Lord Tyranus (Kurk) V. Lord Maul (Quanchi112)

*CANON* Lord Tyranus (Kurk) V. Lord Maul (Quanchi112)
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

*CANON* Lord Tyranus (Kurk) V. Lord Maul (Quanchi112)

Two sh1t tier debaters prepare to grapple in the mud over the fictional characters they favor and envy the most.

Da Rules:

• Only canon material from the new continuity shall be used. The full list of materials can be found here:

• Outside statements from authors and directors will be considered

• Winner of the debate will be determined by public opinion

• Additional amendments can be made with the agreeance of both debaters in additional posts.

Setting:

• The two combatants meet-up in a random encounter.

• Location is on neutral ground with an acceptable amount of cover and loose objects scattered about.

• Starting distance is 25 meters

• Prime versions of both characters will be used. This is Dooku as of Revenge of the Sith and Maul as of Son of Dathomir (unless Quan would like to change that).

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 04:31 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

SLORG ONE THIS IS GOLD LEADER

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 04:59 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

When doeth it start?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Canon Dooku speaking about Maul in TCW: "the great Sith Lord Darth Maul"
Canon Maul speaking about Dooku in TCW:"the Sith pretender Dooku"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Canon Mace speaking about Canon Dooku and Canon Maul: “Maul must be Dooku’s apprentice.”

smilesmilesmile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 05:59 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

kill me

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 06:02 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
kill me
deal

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Canon Mace speaking about Dooku: "he's not a murderer"

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Unbowed a Private Message Find more posts by Unbowed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Unbowed
Canon Mace speaking about Dooku: "he's not a murderer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrBESJxv2vY

Anyway once the fraud agrees to our terms and adds any of his own, we'll start. Of course this will be a casual debate as Quan is a pretty straight-forward guy. I almost don't want to put much effort into an actual opener as I know we're going to end up bickering over a measly detail until the end of time. While I know when to concede on certain points to focus on the bigger picture, I've never see Quan do the same, and he tends to go to the extreme to avoid doing so.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Canon Mace speaking about Canon Dooku and Canon Maul: “Maul must be Dooku’s apprentice.”

smilesmilesmile

Lol ah what a gem this is.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I do agree to the stipulations of canon only but vehemently oppose the public opinion determining the victor. Let's just agree to the debate and find the judges after the dust settles. Do you agree my former and spiritually broken apprentice.

Ps. I also favor Snoke over Maul not that it matters but I don't want anyone thinking Maul comes anywhere near Snoke in terms of my personal preference.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 09:14 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Compare their performances vs Kenobi, the debate isn't needed.

Unless off course you're willing to argue for Rebels Maul who scales off Vader...

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Feb 4th, 2018 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Compare their performances vs Kenobi, the debate isn't needed.

Unless off course you're willing to argue for Rebels Maul who scales off Vader...
Abc logic and easily dismissed. Anakin beat Dooku and lost to Kenobi therefore does that mean Kenobi beats Dooku.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 09:50 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

ABC Logic is the most effective line of argumentation, but as you've pointed out, context is important. Unfortunately for Maul, Dooku dealt with superior versions of Kenobi aided by backup while Maul fought inferior versions of Kenobi alone with a mix of favorable and unfavorable circumstances.

Dooku still did much better than Maul.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

ABC Logic is the most effective line of argumentation, but as you've pointed out, context is important. Unfortunately for Maul, Dooku dealt with superior versions of Kenobi aided by backup while Maul fought inferior versions of Kenobi alone with a mix of favorable and unfavorable circumstances.

Both men have different styles of fighting so it doesn't matter how they stack up against someone else it only matters how they match up with each other.

Maul only lost skill wise to Kenobi in rebels due to him being broken and lost IMO. As I said context always matters and abc logic isn't as important as you believe.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 09:58 PM
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

i want to judge

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 10:14 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unbowed

Dooku had considerable trouble with Savage, while Maul casually swatted a more powerful Savage away like a fly.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 10:17 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Unbowed
Dooku had considerable trouble with Savage, while Maul casually swatted a more powerful Savage away like a fly.

Dooku had trouble with a Savage who could drive back Kenobi and Anakin, Maul swatted a Savage who was fodderized by Kenobi. If you want to argue that Maul's showing remains more impressive as it was a more powerful version of Oppress, It's fair for me to claim that Dooku's ability to fodderize TCW Kenobi proves he grew more powerful as well.

Furthermore, Dooku had to deal with Savage and Ventress. Ventress's presence directly saved Oppress on multiple occasions during their fight. If Ventress isn't present, Savage dies early on. If Ventress was interjected in Maul's bout with Oppress, than Maul wouldn't be able to defeat Oppress the way he did 1 v 1 as Ventress would simply attack him forcing Maul to let go of Oppress.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 10:38 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
I do agree to the stipulations of canon only but vehemently oppose the public opinion determining the victor. Let's just agree to the debate and find the judges after the dust settles. Do you agree my former and spiritually broken apprentice.

Ps. I also favor Snoke over Maul not that it matters but I don't want anyone thinking Maul comes anywhere near Snoke in terms of my personal preference.
I don't see the dust settling; just a rapid descent into bickering over futile details. Picking judges is pointless as bias on both sides will cancel each other.

Anyway I'll provide an opening statement in the next few days; maybe in a couple hours.

See you then, Fraudfather.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 10:58 PM
Darth Thor

Dont back down this time Quan.

If you do then you might as well just stop posting on SW threads.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 11:14 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote