KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs. General Grievous (Sabers)

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Darth Maul 6 46.15%
General Grievous 7 53.85%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Darth Maul vs. General Grievous (Sabers)
Started by: Geistalt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Darth Maul vs. General Grievous (Sabers)

Who would win?

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 05:00 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

I'd say their raw feats are roughly even, but Maul having a vastly deeper connection to the Force would grant him a win more times than not.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 05:06 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Maul

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Grievous, decisively.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 05:23 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JMANGO
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
I'd say their raw feats are roughly even, but Maul having a vastly deeper connection to the Force would grant him a win more times than not.

I mean...

This pretty much goes without saying.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 06:49 PM
Click here to Send JMANGO a Private Message Find more posts by JMANGO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul only has a chance in Canon; and even then maybe...

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 07:11 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Without the plot force, Grievous would be annihilated by any Force user.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

In all-out, yes. But not in sabers only fight.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 07:41 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

I am still going with Grievous.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

EDIT: Actually, not sure who takes it.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Grievous always has the High Ground. Therefore he always wins.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 07:44 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kurk
Maul only has a chance in Canon; and even then maybe...

Well yeah I mean Ventress beat Grievous in a Sabers only match on Dathomir. And I doubt the Dathomir amp would put her above Maul.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 07:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well yeah I mean Ventress beat Grievous in a Sabers only match on Dathomir. And I doubt the Dathomir amp would put her above Maul.

Ventress only beat Grievous in Canon. In Legends, Grievous soloed her and Durge, so I don’t see your point.

Unless you’re gonna be a Bastard Child and use composite feats.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 08:10 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Yeah; this is Legends.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Maul is much more skilled that Grievous is; Obi Wan beat Grievous with ease and he and Maul had a good back and forth in TCW; they were more or less equals so I dont see how the good General beats superior skill

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 09:49 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

In TCW I recall GG giving Obi-Wan good fights consistently and seeming to have the edge in pure melee.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by relentless1
Maul is much more skilled that Grievous is; Obi Wan beat Grievous with ease and he and Maul had a good back and forth in TCW; they were more or less equals so I dont see how the good General beats superior skill
lol I can see Maul trying to take an aggressive, head-on, brute-strength approach only to quickly get manhandled.

Obi-Wan's defensive style was what saved him in all of those encounters.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 10:05 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I think Maul is a more capable combatant but in pure sabers he's going to have to be careful to not let Grievous dictate terms and just overwhelm Maul with his striking speed.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 11:01 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

I'm not as learned about these characters as quite a few people here but, for me, I struggle to see how Maul would not take this. He seems more talented and experienced. I know GG is fundamentally a dangerous combatant for a variety of reasons (he's a successfully unorthodox duelist, had solid training from at least one consistent duelist, etc.) but I'd personally give this to Maul.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 11:10 PM
Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's kind of hard to say. It's not as simple using common opponents like Obi-Wan as a baseline due to drastic stylistic differences between the various PT duelists. Different match ups produce different results.

A canon interpretation would heavily favour Maul, but pre-TCW Legends Grievous was another beast entirely. The main reason Obi-Wan did so well against him was the Force epiphany he had, and stylistic factors, which is why Mace seemed to think he was the perfect counter to Grievous. Grievous in Legends can also analyse and mimic your fighting style in seconds, which is what he did with Mace's Vaapad.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2018 11:19 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote