KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » DE Luke vs. Plagueis

DE Luke vs. Plagueis
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

DE Luke vs. Plagueis

Setting: Naboo plains

Starting distance: 50 feet

Who wins?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Luke

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 08:49 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Luke, solidly.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 19th, 2018 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

This would be an easy win for Luke if his post-DE pre-late-NR showings weren't so weird.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 09:22 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Luke stomps or gets stomped.

No one really knows.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Luke should win

Old Post Apr 19th, 2018 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Luke gets stomped

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

No one really knows.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 02:39 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Lol, going with gets stomped myself, thank you very much.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 02:44 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by DarthAnt66

No one really knows.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 03:31 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

If Plagueis' ability to shutdown midi-chlorians is instant(per Azronger), then he wins.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 07:15 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Luke wins Sabers at least. The DE audiobook makes it clear Luke defeated Palps on his own during the duel and Leia only joined during the Force Storm.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 08:51 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Sabers - Luke
Force - Plagueis

All Out - Luke

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 10:47 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by The Merchant
Luke wins Sabers at least. The DE audiobook makes it clear Luke defeated Palps on his own during the duel and Leia only joined during the Force Storm.
thumb up

In the audiobook Leia also states that Luke and Palpatine were moving so fast that she could "hardly see them". Mind you, this was a Leia who, moments later, ran fast enough to escape the Eclipse's destruction by Palpatine's rampant Force Storm -- and given the flagship's sheer vastness, the implications of that are pretty staggering, tbh(ie. that she not only covered kilometers in seconds, but also that there was enough spare time to prep/launch their escape shuttle before the ship was obliterated.) But I digress...

And it's no secret, but the DE Handbook also confirms that Palpatine was "more powerful than ever" at the time. So yeah... /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 20th, 2018 at 01:12 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 12:58 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

She didn't use Force speed there, you know...
It's just like the Flash. If he doesn't use his powers: He cannot perceive Professor Zoom when speeding around.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

quote:
And it's no secret, but the DE Handbook also confirms that Palpatine was "more powerful than ever" at the time. So yeah... /shrug

The Eclipse was a Dark Side nexus, so... But it's impressive for both Luke and Leia.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 01:13 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
She didn't use Force speed there, you know...
I'm merely saying that Leia obviously had access to *some* level of enhanced perceptions/reactions, yet outright stated that she could not perceive their battle at all. All she could do is sense what was happening via the ebb and flow of the light and dark sides of the force around her. Is it a testament to Luke and Palpatine's speed? I think so, but you're welcome to disagree.

Regardless, the primary thing to take away is that the audiobook confirmed Luke bested Palpatine there, without Leia 'amping' him in any way.

The Eclipse was a Dark Side nexus, so...
Given that said battle took place ON the Eclipse, I'm not sure why you even felt the need to mention this..? Does it make what I said any less accurate..?

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 20th, 2018 at 01:26 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 01:22 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm merely saying that Leia obviously had access to *some* level of enhanced perceptions/reactions, yet outright stated that she could not perceive their battle at all. All she could do is sense what was happening via the ebb and flow of the light and dark sides of the force around her. Is it a testament to Luke and Palpatine's speed? I think so, but you're welcome to disagree.

Regardless, the thing to take away is that the audiobook confirmed that Luke bested Palpatine there, without Leia 'amping' him in any way.

Given that said battle took place ON the Eclipse, I'm not sure why you even felt the need to mention this..? Does it make what I said any less accurate..?

1. But she wasn't using Force speed. That's the power which allows one to move at fast speeds and see everything moving 'slower'
2. Well, it's a Dark Side focal. So it amplified Sidious' Force connection and hindered Luke and Leia's.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 01:27 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

1. But she wasn't using Force speed. That's the power which allows one to move at fast speeds and see everything moving 'slower'
Linear running isn't the only time a force-user's perception/reaction capacities can become heightened, lol. But again, you're welcome to disagree -- doesn't change the end result, nor is it something I care to debate with you beyond this.

2. Well, it's a Dark Side focal. So it amplified Sidious' Force connection and hindered Luke and Leia's.
And this changes anything I said... How?

Why do you insist in popping-into nearly every thread and arguing for the sake of arguing?

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 20th, 2018 at 01:52 PM

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 01:47 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Luke

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 20th, 2018 06:49 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote