KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Mace Windu vs Dooku

Mace Windu vs Dooku
Started by: Meatpants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Meatpants

Mace Windu vs Dooku

Not sure what the gist here on the forum is regarding these two, interested in knowing. Consider neutral ground, both are baseline RotS incarnations.

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All-out

Now, from a purely movie perspective, Windu > Dooku because IIRC Windu is a tier 8 that borders on being a 9, AND if you interpret the Windu vs Sidious scene as him legitimately disarming Sidious in a fair fight with no outside influences (i.e. only the movie itself), than Windu is clearly > Dooku. Introducing Legends adds a lot more content, and I'm not sure yet about my overall opinion. Thoughts?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 09:58 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

As of ROTS my powerscale would look like this:

Sidious = Yoda >/= Windu >/= Skywalker > Dooku.

I dont think much changes between Legends and Lucas canon there. Except that Windu earns his placement via Vapaad.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 10:38 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Skywalker beating Dooku wasn't an entirely neutral fight to be fair, there was outside influence. Unless you want to argue that Anakin would eventually get angry on his own anyway.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 10:49 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Been around in circles on this with Freedon and Realist already. But TCW makes it clear Skywalker was already on par with Dooku late into TCW.

And yes even the script and novel both confirm Skywalker kept getting stronger as he got madder. So all you are really arguing is Dooku =/> Base Anakin. Whilst you seem to agree Angry Anakin > Dooku.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 11:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

I basically already agreed with that, just decided to assess your line of reasoning.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 11:20 AM
Darth Thor

Fair enough.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 11:23 AM
Bentley
Seitei

If Dooku wasn't holding back from the battle there is no telling if Anakin would've gotten the amp rage that got him the win before being put down.

Not sure if I'd rate Windu above angry Anakin either.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 12:17 PM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Angry Anakin is basically > everyone in RotS except Sidious and Yoda.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 12:37 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Windu stomps.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 01:51 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
If Dooku wasn't holding back from the battle there is no telling if Anakin would've gotten the amp rage that got him the win before being put down.

Except theyve fought plenty of times before. So we know Dooku wasnt going to make short work out of Skywalker or anything. And Anakin was getting stronger anyway as Dooku was getting tired.

As for the holding back, he stopped holding back and replenished his Force reserves, so that would have made little difference.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley

Not sure if I'd rate Windu above angry Anakin either.

Well I did say =/>

So approx on par but with edge to Mace.

Reason being Anakins Anger would likely fuel Maces Vapaad.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2018 04:11 PM