KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Count Dooku

Darth Bane vs. Count Dooku
Started by: victreebelvictr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Darth Bane vs. Count Dooku

1. Lightsabers
2. Force
3. All Out

Old Post May 20th, 2019 05:00 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

If this is Prime-Bane at the beginning of DoE where he was capable of swinging his lightsaber 62 times per second, then Bane slaughters Dooku.

At the end of NJO, in The Unifying Force Luke is pressed into swinging his lightsaber 20 times per second against an army of Vong.

Prime-Bane is much, much faster than that.

Old Post May 20th, 2019 05:15 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

c’mon eugene you know that’s not correct

Bane dies

Old Post May 21st, 2019 06:55 AM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Re: Darth Bane vs. Count Dooku

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CuckedCurry
c’mon eugene you know that’s not correct

Bane dies

Depends on the Bane we're talking about, here.

The Orablisk-poison was slowly destroying Bane's body - but at the beginning of DoE, Bane was at the peak of his prime and managed to dodge and deflect every droplet of water in a torrential-downpour with his lightsaber.

Aside from being amazingly-impressive, a well-known debater here calc'd Bane's speed at 62 swings per second - far beyond Grevious, Sidious and even NJO-Luke in speed.

Bane at his prime utterly destroys Dooku. smile

Old Post May 21st, 2019 12:16 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

"Aside from being amazingly-impressive, a well-known debater here calc'd Bane's speed at 62 swings per second - far beyond Grevious, Sidious and even NJO-Luke in speed."

XD

Old Post May 21st, 2019 02:34 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crow4Lyfe

Dooku tools every round.

Old Post May 21st, 2019 02:35 PM
Click here to Send Crow4Lyfe a Private Message Find more posts by Crow4Lyfe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
"Aside from being amazingly-impressive, a well-known debater here calc'd Bane's speed at 62 swings per second - far beyond Grevious, Sidious and even NJO-Luke in speed."

XD

Here's the calc

The math don't lie. smile

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 11:55 PM
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Crow4Lyfe
Dooku tools every round.

Dooku gets tooled every round - to the point where Bane is violently taking Dooku's virginity from him with his lightsaber and the Force.

Old Post May 22nd, 2019 11:56 PM
NTJack0
Ranger

Bane gets trashed, like always.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 01:04 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by NTJack0

Your mom gets trashed on Friday nights, after hitting the bar. smile

But Bane doesn't.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 11:47 AM
CaveDude33211

Dooku and Bane's Force powers are pretty comparable.

In speed however, Prime-Bane is even faster than NJO-Luke, so Dooku gets utterly demolished.

Old Post May 23rd, 2019 11:48 AM
Crow4Lyfe

Originally posted by NTJack0

Old Post May 24th, 2019 07:45 PM
Click here to Send Crow4Lyfe a Private Message Find more posts by Crow4Lyfe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Explain how. smile

Humor me.

I'll wait.

Old Post May 24th, 2019 09:23 PM
Crow4Lyfe

Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Explain how. smile

Humor me.

I'll wait.

Bane died to Zannah. Meanwhile, Dooku survived Yoda. Easy.

Old Post May 25th, 2019 07:53 PM
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Crow4Lyfe
Bane died to Zannah. Meanwhile, Dooku survived Yoda. Easy.

laughing laughing laughing You serious?

Bane's body was deteriorating because of the Orbalisks on him dying in the previous book and releasing a toxin into his body that was slowly killing him - at the beginning of DoE, however, his body was at the peak of his prime - literally moving his lightsaber so it covered 62 different places on his body in one second.

That kind of speed is beyond how the novelization of Revenge Of The Sith describes Darth Sidious's speed and beyond Grandmaster Luke Skywalker's speed at the end of NJO.

The Bane that died to Zannah at the end of DoE was a deteriorated, husk version of himself.

Prime-Bane would annihilate Dooku before Dooku's brain could fire off a single synapse.

Old Post May 25th, 2019 11:59 PM
The Merchant

Why do people mention that Bane feat when blocking lasers (which are explicitly said to be light speed in I fives case) is already more impressive and something anyone can do? Or is this just because of how potentially many swings he swung?

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post May 26th, 2019 07:11 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

So much wrong... from everyone... in this entire thread...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 26th, 2019 07:37 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Tyranus wins.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 26th, 2019 08:20 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crow4Lyfe

Originally posted by CaveDude33211

laughing laughing laughing You serious?

Bane's body was deteriorating because of the Orbalisks on him dying in the previous book and releasing a toxin into his body that was slowly killing him - at the beginning of DoE, however, his body was at the peak of his prime - literally moving his lightsaber so it covered 62 different places on his body in one second.

That kind of speed is beyond how the novelization of Revenge Of The Sith describes Darth Sidious's speed and beyond Grandmaster Luke Skywalker's speed at the end of NJO.

The Bane that died to Zannah at the end of DoE was a deteriorated, husk version of himself.

Prime-Bane would annihilate Dooku before Dooku's brain could fire off a single synapse.

Proof of every claim here, plz.

Old Post May 26th, 2019 08:49 AM
HP Legend

Dooku.

"You were weak when I found you. I did not expect you to survive your training. But now, your hatred has become your strength. At last, the dark side is your ally. "

Old Post May 27th, 2019 01:36 AM
Click here to Send HP Legend a Private Message Find more posts by HP Legend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote