KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Spoilers! How does Rey compare with prequel jedi?

Spoilers! How does Rey compare with prequel jedi?
Started by: BestEverNoob

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BestEverNoob
Resident Nerd Guy

Question Spoilers! How does Rey compare with prequel jedi?

Just watched the rise of Skywalker and wanted to see what people thought, this is Rey at the beginning of rise of Skywalker.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 01:53 AM
Click here to Send BestEverNoob a Private Message Find more posts by BestEverNoob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Re: Spoilers! How does Rey compare with prequel jedi?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BestEverNoob
Just watched the rise of Skywalker and wanted to see what people thought, this is Rey at the beginning of rise of Skywalker.

Rey is a "Jedi" who isn't a Jedi, who has sloppy, slow choreography that make OT Luke and Vader look like Darth Maul by comparison.

What she lacks in skill, agility and speed, she makes up for with a magical-uterus that allows her to defeat everyone she comes across.

The PT Jedi are realistic representations of what Jedi are supposed to be.

Rey looks like she stepped out of a 14 year-old girl's fanfic.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 03:11 AM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

She certainly has a more practical moveset.

(please log in to view the image)

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 03:33 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Beyond that particular instance of silliness, Hayden and Ewan are vastly more technically proficient and practical in their swordfighting during that duel than Daisey and Adam ever are in the ST.

If we're basing the outcome on fight choreography, then any of the PT Jedi would have an overwhelming advantage here.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Dec 25th, 2019 at 04:13 AM

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 04:04 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

They slash at each other while swinging on ropes like pirates.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 04:41 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Tzeentch
She certainly has a more practical moveset.

(please log in to view the image)

Hmm Its almost as if theres some kind of mystical barrier or Force between them....

As for this thread, Rey has ALL of their Power... So..

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 08:10 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hmm Its almost as if theres some kind of mystical barrier or Force between them....
Lol oh my god... I f*cking love the excuses that childhood fans with nostalgia goggles on their erections give for the shittiest aspects of those films. Really makes for a powerful opponent to my hate boner. Perhaps we should cross swords and swing them with seamless precision in fanning arcs so that they completely miss each other--that way a bunch of preteen boys or adults with mental capacity of same will laud our soulless, CGI filled fight as like the best thing since tummy rubs.

Cross boners with me.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 08:36 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Makes sense though that they are less refined. None of them was trained by Yoda or Drallig, even Luke didn't receive a true lightsaber training. If their skills were as refined as the prequel jedis', that would be another plothole

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 10:07 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Lol oh my god... I f*cking love the excuses that childhood fans with nostalgia goggles on their erections give for the shittiest aspects of those films. Really makes for a powerful opponent to my hate boner. Perhaps we should cross swords and swing them with seamless precision in fanning arcs so that they completely miss each other--that way a bunch of preteen boys or adults with mental capacity of same will laud our soulless, CGI filled fight as like the best thing since tummy rubs.

Cross boners with me.

Cringe.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kata

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 03:23 PM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

They slash at each other while swinging on ropes like pirates.
I'd ask if you're retarded but we've both been here long enough that I don't really need to.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 03:35 PM
banana3

They beat everyone except Windu, Palpatine, and Yoda

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 03:48 PM
Click here to Send banana3 a Private Message Find more posts by banana3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Base Rey should be around Secura level more or less. She lost to Kylo after a solid fight. I’d place her somewhere around the level of secura, Unduli, Kanan etc

Kylo is more or less around your average councilor. Probably weaker in sabers than the likes of Kolar or Tiin, but stronger in the force. I mean, it’s hard to gauge, but he was being stomped by the Knights of Ren, who aren’t powerhouses. They are stated to be around the inquisitors, even though their feats are shit. Still I can’t see the inquisitors beating an unarmed Vader or Dooku for instance

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I can't really take statements seriously, mainly because what is said seems to go against what is shown or written.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Cross boners with me.

Oh wow. Triggering prequel haters is the best.

I must not stop.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 04:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Total Warrior, since when is Secura strong enough to pull down starships with her TK?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I get you referring to Rey’s feat in Episode 9. Well, K’kruhk (who is ~ Secura) performed a similar feat with an Imperial ship. So that’s something Jedi on Secura level can do as well. Besides, Rey should be stronger than her and all the others I have listed in the force, but I’m not sure her saber skill is on par with them

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:39 PM
Rebel95

Dueling-wise she’s average PT Jedi level, force-wise she’s Yoda level

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Didn't K'Kruh get bodied by both Grievous and Assaj in duels?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 06:48 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Didn't K'Kruh get bodied by both Grievous and Assaj in duels?
He got defeated by Grevious in the 2003 cartoon yeah. don't remember about Assajj. He also lost to Legends Quinlan Vos

Old Post Dec 25th, 2019 08:32 PM