KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Obi Wan Kenobi (see details)

Darth Maul vs Obi Wan Kenobi (see details)
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Darth Maul vs Obi Wan Kenobi (see details)

Both at their peak and best : who overall is more powerful and better and how?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 01:35 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Kenobi stomps him

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 05:38 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah; while Maul languished on a trash planet for a decade, Kenobi studied the blade.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 06:07 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Kenobi stomps him

cool but how so ? Doesnt Maul know more forms of the light Saber then Kenobi?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 06:44 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Peak Kenobi is one of the strongest Jedi of all time. Peak Darth Maul is a cocky little sh_t that got sliced in half by a padawan

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 07:20 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bentley
Peak Kenobi is one of the strongest Jedi of all time. Peak Darth Maul is a cocky little sh_t that got sliced in half by a padawan

Actually Peak Maul is confirmed one of the strongest Sith of all time in both the old and the new canon.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah; while Maul languished on a trash planet for a decade, Kenobi studied the blade.

I think the assumption might be that Peak Maul is TPM Maul.

Although this is the EU forum (default), and its confirmed in the EU that TCW Maul > TPM Maul. But then we also have to consider that Rebels isnt part of EU canon, so if we go by those rules then Kenobi never killed Maul.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 15th, 2020 at 08:55 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 08:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Actually Peak Maul is confirmed one of the strongest Sith of all time in both the old and the new canon.

I mean, it would only make sense given how the Rule of two Works, who his master was and the fact that every Sith Lord after him was an even more stupid powerhouse

Is your point that Kenobi would chop down a bunch of the Old time siths?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 09:39 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bentley

Is your point that Kenobi would chop down a bunch of the Old time siths?

Sure if he starts the fight with help from his Jedi Master. Then why not?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I can troll better than you stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 10:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Obi-Wan wrecks.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 07:54 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Given their back and forth fights in TCW, its unlikely Kenobi “wrecks”

Though he might win.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 08:46 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

He definitely wins.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Around late Clone Wars/ROTS he might not actually. If you keep up with their conflict, Kenobi would psychologically be at a disadvantage.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 08:45 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hello, Quan.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 09:00 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hello, Quan.

eek!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 09:49 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

In Canon Fisto is considered top 25 Jedi ever of I recall correctly. Mace is in top 5. It’s not far-fetched that someone much stronger like Maul could be in the top 15 for instance.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
In Canon Fisto is considered top 25 Jedi ever of I recall correctly. Mace is in top 5. It’s not far-fetched that someone much stronger like Maul could be in the top 15 for instance.

thumb up

And thats been a consistent statement in both continuities. Also consistent with the whole ideology of the Rule of Two.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 11:48 AM
Psychotron

Did Sidious really think Maul could ever be his successor? Seems to me like Maul was just a blunt instrument (no pun intended) and an enforcer he could use against his enemies until her found a good enough apprentice.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Psychotron
Did Sidious really think Maul could ever be his successor? Seems to me like Maul was just a blunt instrument (no pun intended) and an enforcer he could use against his enemies until her found a good enough apprentice.

Of course he would always replace Maul if a better apprentice came along. Thats how the Rule of Two works. Heck Palpatine was ready to replace Vader as soon as Luke came along.

But (in canon at least), Sidious betrayed Mother Talzin just to get hold of Darth Maul due to his potential. So he was definitely intended to be trained as a Sith.

The EU had him as more of an assassin, blunt instrument. But that never really made much sense given the amount of time Palps must have personally put into training him.

Anyhow if TCW did not even convince people that Maul was more than just a blunt instrument, then him being brought back really was pointless.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 12:27 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Around late Clone Wars/ROTS he might not actually.
What do you consider to be "peak" Kenobi?

I'm talking canon.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 12:30 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
What do you consider to be "peak" Kenobi?

I'm talking canon.

I would personally think ANH, given he seems to be a near equal to Vader. Plus the way he handled Maul.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 12:34 PM