KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku vs Darth Maul

Count Dooku vs Darth Maul
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Count Dooku vs Darth Maul

Both at peak in :

1. Light sabre duel only
2. Both use full powers and abilities

Who wins in each of the above ?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2020 10:30 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

Canon: Maul is better with sabers and Dooku better in force. I can see this being very similar to Quinlan Vos vs. Dooku from DD... Vos (in legends at least) used juyo, a form known for its unpredictability. It was Vos' unpredictability that gave him the edge over Dooku and gave him the victory in the novel. I can see Maul beating Dooku the same way in the current canon, since Maul ALSO used juyo.... But, my gut still tells me Dooku would fine a way to win due to his experience, superior force powers, and fight IQ. There's a reason why Dooku is Sidious' apprentice and not Maul.

Legends: Dooku is better in both sabers and force.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 05:18 AM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Forschbewithu
Canon: Maul is better with sabers and Dooku better in force. I can see this being very similar to Quinlan Vos vs. Dooku from DD... Vos (in legends at least) used juyo, a form known for its unpredictability. It was Vos' unpredictability that gave him the edge over Dooku and gave him the victory in the novel. I can see Maul beating Dooku the same way in the current canon, since Maul ALSO used juyo.... But, my gut still tells me Dooku would fine a way to win due to his experience, superior force powers, and fight IQ. There's a reason why Dooku is Sidious' apprentice and not Maul.

Legends: Dooku is better in both sabers and force.

If I may ask why would you say Maul is superior to Dooku with a saber?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 03:42 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Vos unpredictability was nothing to do with his form. It was his nature. And it was coupled with his speed that gave Dooku a difficult time.

Id say Mauls physical strength and martial prowess would be the bigger threat to Dooku.

But realistically when its difficult to put him on par with ROTS Kenobi, I dont see much of an argument for Maul. Except that Mauls much inferior brother gave Dooku some trouble.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 1st, 2020 at 05:39 PM

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 05:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Maul can make Dooku work in sabers, but in an all out fight it's a stomp for Dooku.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2020 06:31 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Vos unpredictability was nothing to do with his form. It was his nature. And it was coupled with his speed that gave Dooku a difficult time.

Id say Mauls physical strength and martial prowess would be the bigger threat to Dooku.

But realistically when its difficult to put him on par with ROTS Kenobi, I dont see much of an argument for Maul. Except that Mauls much inferior brother gave Dooku some trouble.

Yeah, I guess it's my own theory/head canon. Unpredictability is commonly linked to juyo, and in legends Vos uses juyo. It makes sense to me, but not confirmed by any means. Thus I logically conclude that Maul could also give Dooku the same trouble. But like I said, my gut tells me Dooku still wins this confrontation.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 05:32 AM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Dooku in a stomp

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 06:37 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bergmar

Dooku is a Windu level

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2020 04:51 PM
Click here to Send Bergmar a Private Message Find more posts by Bergmar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

juggernaut74 is online now!

Dooku stomps both. He was the Sith Maul always wanted to be.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2020 11:47 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

No way is it a stomp in Canon..

Consider Dooku struggled to deal with Savages strength, despite his lack of training. Whereas Young Maul was grappling with Rathtars whilst being infinitely more skilled a duellist.

Also ares just reminded me that when Dooku came to aid Sidious against Talzin, Mauls power seemed to even the odds. So there cant be that much difference between the 2 in raw power.

Im sure Dooku wins, just saying, it aint no stomp.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

oh yeah also in the canon comics series just read it briefly Sidious said that losing Maul was a big loss to him etc but didnt speak very highly of Dooku to Vader, but more so of Maul..
i reckon Perhaps if Maul developed more and became older or a sith master like Dooku etc he probably would have been much more powerful, perhaps one day they might make a clone of him in the canon series and making him super uber, hope they do..
In the expanded universe/legends series i think a clone of Maul defeated darth vader easily, that was pretty cool, but then vader had to impale himself to execute or trick Maul..

Last edited by ozz81 on Feb 4th, 2020 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 10:22 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

Consider Dooku struggled to deal with Savages strength, despite his lack of training. Whereas Young Maul was grappling with Rathtars whilst being infinitely more skilled a duellist.

Also ares just reminded me that when Dooku came to aid Sidious against Talzin, Mauls power seemed to even the odds. So there cant be that much difference between the 2 in raw power.

yeah so true that , i think also Maul sort of easily beat General Grevious( Canon comic series) who was well trained by Dooku ie grappled him etc and used the force push to defeat him..

Old Post Feb 4th, 2020 10:30 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

juggernaut74 is online now!

I honestly don't think Dooku would spill his wine.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 03:00 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I honestly don't think Dooku would spill his wine.

He dropped himself against Opress, never mind his wine.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 08:40 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Dooku wins in elegant fashion

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 10:46 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ozz81
oh yeah also in the canon comics series just read it briefly Sidious said that losing Maul was a big loss to him etc but didnt speak very highly of Dooku to Vader, but more so

Yeah. From Palpatines perspective:

Dooku was a tool. Maul was a loss.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 12:02 PM
Psychotron

He didn't know about Anakin when Maul was his apprentice. Maul would be discarded too in favor of Vader.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 12:24 PM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Psychotron
He didn't know about Anakin when Maul was his apprentice. Maul would be discarded too in favor of Vader.

Obviously Vader gets top priority. Given he was outright More powerful than Dooku with more potential than Maul ever had.

Palpatine was telling this to Vader.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 12:31 PM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku wins but he's not stomping Maul at all. Maul is going to give Dooku a marvellous fight and Dooku will be heavily exhausted by the time he wins.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 09:18 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Dooku wins but he's not stomping Maul at all. Maul is going to give Dooku a marvellous fight and Dooku will be heavily exhausted by the time he wins.

Cool reckon if Maul didnt get his half body cut and was still under palpatine reckon he would have excelled and hence become potentially more powerful then dooku? Ie more matured and skilled Sith lord etc

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 10:03 PM