KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Cin Drallig vs Luminara Unduli

Cin Drallig vs Luminara Unduli
Started by: Bergmar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bergmar

Cin Drallig vs Luminara Unduli

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 21st, 2020 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Bergmar a Private Message Find more posts by Bergmar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirtyLuna

Cin Drallig was the orders battlemaster but he was still killed with ease by pre suit Vader. I believe his status as battlemaster doesn't mean that he was any more skilled than other Jedi masters as for example Luminara.
He might have known all lightsabre forms but he wasn't really much of a fighter.
Luminara was defeated by Ventress but contended quite evenly.
I'd say Luminara takes this.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2020 07:11 PM
Click here to Send DirtyLuna a Private Message Find more posts by DirtyLuna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Luminara has an impressive feat against Ventress. I’d give it to her in a long and difficult fight

Old Post Feb 21st, 2020 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Does Drallig have any feats or accolades in canon, aside from getting killed by Anakin?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2020 05:18 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This:
https://i.imgur.com/UCZS7j8.jpg

Though you could argue that it is only referring to Cin being the "finest swordmaster" among the Jedi who were actively defending the Temple at the time of Operation Knightfall... Which doesn't say a whole lot, as the majority of those Jedi were fodder.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2020 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

<.<

I don't know why, but I really just wanna punch Hidalgo and Reynolds in the face...I just can't stand the blatant copy and paste they did and just cramming it all into one book and calling it new.

They could have at least worded it differently..

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2020 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
This:
https://i.imgur.com/UCZS7j8.jpg

Though you could argue that it is only referring to Cin being the "finest swordmaster" among the Jedi who were actively defending the Temple at the time of Operation Knightfall... Which doesn't say a whole lot, as the majority of those Jedi were fodder.

It would put him above Shaak which is pretty damn good.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2020 11:00 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

True.

I forgot that she was in the Temple during Operation Knightfall, and killed by Anakin [while meditating, lol.]

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 12:25 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

I didn't realize that she was killed by Anakin. Thought she was one of the possible survivors as of the Vader comics? confused

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Shaak Ti's death was confirmed in Galactic Maps:
https://i.imgur.com/Sb1COyG.jpg

She was never listed as a possible survivor in the Vader series. All of the survivors are listed here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...%29+forumid%3A6

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 24th, 2020 at 02:39 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 02:34 PM
McP

Luminara's showing against Ventress is meaningless, as Cin was stomped by a guy who bested Dooku in less then 15 seconds on screen after he decided to use his anger.

Not sure if Luminara was cosideres as one of the best swordmasters in the Order, but Cin was. And he had to deal with something, that was possibly above Luminara's imagination.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 06:26 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Why would you, Jedi Master and member of the council, be meditating while the Jedi are bing killed? How useless could you be? I am sure Ti could have at least helped with the evacuation of many more jedi by delaying the clones

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Why would you, Jedi Master and member of the council, be meditating while the Jedi are bing killed? How useless could you be? I am sure Ti could have at least helped with the evacuation of many more jedi by delaying the clones

I never understood this either, it never made any sense. Probably why it was cut from RoTS. Though I guess Canon is going with it...for some reason. But then I don't recall Ti doing much within the current Canon, so it's whatever I suppose.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Mar 2nd, 2020 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2020 11:53 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They should have added a Battle Meditation blurb or somesuch.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 02:34 AM
Sheev
The All-Sith

Shaak Ti's death was confirmed in Galactic Maps:
https://i.imgur.com/Sb1COyG.jpg
This has been bugging me.

All the Jedi and even the younglings were getting wholesale slaughtered, but Shaak Ti was just chilling in some room meditating during all of that? What a team player. erm

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ultimate Star Wars states that she was meditating to create a Holocron that would essentially tell any Jedi survivors to continue trying to build the Order:
https://i.imgur.com/REEPT7J.jpg

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 01:09 AM
Zenwolf

Ultimate Star Wars states that she was meditating to create a Holocron that would essentially tell any Jedi survivors to continue trying to build the Order:
https://i.imgur.com/REEPT7J.jpg

.....Ok like that wouldn't be obvious to any surviving Jedi to try and pass on for a new generation? I just....wow.

Her character was far better handled in this situation in previous lore.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 02:08 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

ikr?

"I'm going to sit here and make a Holocron that will pass on the obvious, while children are being slaughtered in the next room over and the Order is crumbling around me."

What an assh0le.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 02:11 AM
Zenwolf

ikr?

"I'm going to sit here and make a Holocron that will pass on the obvious, while children are being slaughtered in the next room over and the Order is crumbling around me."

What an assh0le.

I can only imagine sometime later a Jedi survivor finding the Holocron.

Jedi: "Oh a Holocron from Jedi Council member Shaak Ti! This will be great, she'll probably have lots of wisdom to share!"

Jedi activates Holocron.

Shaak Ti: "Please! Rebuild the Jedi Order, you have to survive and make sure the Jedi live on!"

Holocron ends.

Jedi stares....stares at the Holocron.

Jedi: ......

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 02:20 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing seriously though... It's pretty f*cking ridiculous.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 02:01 PM