KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs Darth Vader

Yoda vs Darth Vader
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Yoda vs Darth Vader

Both at their best and peak :

*CANON*
1. Lightsaber duel only
2. Both use their full powers and abilities

*LEGENDS*
1. Lightsaber duel only
2. Both use their full powers and abilities

Who wins each of the above?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 01:20 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

Very curious as to what people have to say. IMO, it's really only a contest in canon... Legends Vader gets shit on.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

I will assume suited Vader for both canon and legends.
Canon: Yoda after an extremly hard fight
Legends: Yoda easly

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 04:43 AM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Very close fight in canon, Yoda wins 6/10

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 05:42 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darthadi
I will assume suited Vader for both canon and legends.
Canon: Yoda after an extremly hard fight

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 08:22 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Canon: Yoda with moderate difficulty at best, Vader is inferior

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 08:56 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yoda wins both with varying degrees of difficulty

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 6th, 2020 10:40 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Just out of curiosity, what would people use to support their answers?

I'm concurring that in Legends, Yoda would stomp Vader b/c Yoda's shown to be stronger and faster than the best of the jedi order, and we've seen people slower than him, like Windu, do crazy things. Vader doesn't have such feats nor such accolades.

In Canon, I'm gonna hold off on determining a verdict, since Yoda doesn't have enough feats. Not that I know of, anyway.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 06:07 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zentrex
In Canon, I'm gonna hold off on determining a verdict, since Yoda doesn't have enough feats. Not that I know of, anyway.
His fight with Palpatine?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 7th, 2020 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

Just out of curiosity, what would people use to support their answers?

I'm concurring that in Legends, Yoda would stomp Vader b/c Yoda's shown to be stronger and faster than the best of the jedi order, and we've seen people slower than him, like Windu, do crazy things. Vader doesn't have such feats nor such accolades.

In legends, I chose Yoda because most importantly GL thinks very lowly of Vader. At the same time, there are endless sources stating how Yoda is not only the most powerful jedi in the order, but the most powerful jedi in the order's history.

In canon, most sources indicate Vader has grown MORE powerful since rots. In rots, according to GL, Anakin was already an equal to Sidious in power. I haven't seen anything new from Disney that has gone against this line of thought thus far.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2020 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Galan007
His fight with Palpatine?

I don't know if I'd consider that entirely reliable considering that none of the three were at the their peak at the time that happened. And they messed up the scaling of Vader and Palpatine when they made post-Mustafar Vader stronger than his unscarred self. I don't know, maybe Palpatine just grew more than he thought he would? But then we couldn't compare them to Yoda.

Regardless, I've always liked the idea that Yoda isn't a very good fighter, because he's so good at things like battle-meditation, sensing danger, stealth, stone power, telepathy (he can even access TWBW), etc., that he doesn't need to be.

@Forschbewithu
quote:
In canon, most sources indicate Vader has grown MORE powerful since rots. In rots, according to GL, Anakin was already an equal to Sidious in power. I haven't seen anything new from Disney that has gone against this line of thought thus far.

So assuming Yoda's peak is was when he fought Sidious, Vader would be distinctly more powerful than him, yes?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2020 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

I don't know if I'd consider that entirely reliable considering that none of the three were at the their peak at the time that happened. And they messed up the scaling of Vader and Palpatine when they made post-Mustafar Vader stronger than his unscarred self. I don't know, maybe Palpatine just grew more than he thought he would? But then we couldn't compare them to Yoda.

Regardless, I've always liked the idea that Yoda isn't a very good fighter, because he's so good at things like battle-meditation, sensing danger, stealth, stone power, telepathy (he can even access TWBW), etc., that he doesn't need to be.

@Forschbewithu

So assuming Yoda's peak is was when he fought Sidious, Vader would be distinctly more powerful than him, yes?

I think you can certainly make the argument, yes. We still don't have many canon statements on how powerful Anakin is in the new canon.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 03:01 AM
McP

Originally posted by Forschbewithu
In legends, I chose Yoda because most importantly GL thinks very lowly of Vader. At the same time, there are endless sources stating how Yoda is not only the most powerful jedi in the order, but the most powerful jedi in the order's history.

You can not use that GL quote about Anakin bei9ng already on par with Sidious. If you will, then you have to use that part about suited Vader being inferior as well. I wouldn't use any of GL's statements in assney's shitty canon anyway.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 10:25 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by McP
You can not use that GL quote about Anakin bei9ng already on par with Sidious. If you will, then you have to use that part about suited Vader being inferior as well.

Exactly. People need to stay consistent. Not just pick and choose the quotes they like across different interpretations of canon.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda annihilates Vader

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 10:34 PM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Yoda wins. come on guys. erm

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Yoda annihilates Vader

How can Yoda anihilate Vader when he couldn't anihilate Dooku considering that in canon Vader has a quote that says he is more powerfull than Maul and Dooku by light years. Even if "light years" is an exageration is clear that Vader>Dooku and the count made Yoda work for the victory.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 02:54 AM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darthadi
How can Yoda anihilate Vader when he couldn't anihilate Dooku considering that in canon Vader has a quote that says he is more powerfull than Maul and Dooku by light years. Even if "light years" is an exageration is clear that Vader>Dooku and the count made Yoda work for the victory.
I don't disagree that Vader > Dooku/Maul, but if you're going to use the ambiguous "light years" quote as evidence, then it's only fair to use Yoda's bio from Galaxy of Adventures, which states that he had "twice the power" of Dooku:
https://i.imgur.com/Aitq2PW.jpg

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't disagree that Vader > Dooku/Maul, but if you're going to use the ambiguous "light years" quote as evidence, then it's only fair to use Yoda's bio from Galaxy of Adventures, which states that he had "twice the power" of Dooku:

I'm not arguing that Vader beats Yoda. Just that Yoda can't stomp Vader.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 03:17 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Fair enough. thumb up

Old Post Mar 12th, 2020 03:55 PM