KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke Gauntlet

ROTJ Luke Gauntlet
Started by: Scizard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scizard

ROTJ Luke Gauntlet

ROTJ Luke goes through the gauntlet.
Canon only.

1. Ahsoka Tano
2. Ben Kenobi
3. Count Dooku
4. Anakin Skywalker
5. Mace Windu

He, of course, heals after every round.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 11:47 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

He can clear if it's canon. Anakin and Mace should be great fights and Luke might lose because of lack of experience.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Gets to at least #5. Not entirely sure if he can beat Mace.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Return of the Jedi?

Stops at 2 tbh.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 03:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

I could see him stopping at 2 or 3, I could also see him getting to 4 or 5

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 03:37 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Personally, I see him making it 5 and losing to Mace.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I dont see why Mace would beat him if he gets past Anakin.

But thats just me.

Also feel Luke whose just become a Jedi with 4 years of mostly self training, beating Anakin who had 10years of training under a Jedi plus 3 more years of mastering his abilities post becoming a Jedi, would make little/no sense.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Stops between 2 and 5. He could lose to any of them, really

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor

But thats just me.

Also feel Luke whose just become a Jedi with 4 years of mostly self training, beating Anakin who had 10years of training under a Jedi plus 3 more years of mastering his abilities post becoming a Jedi, would make little/no sense.
Really depends how you perceive his fight with Vader.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 11:26 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yeah, seems odd to me how everyone is ranking Windu definitively above Anakin and Dooku.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2020 11:35 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

It's hard to tell where Luke is in rotj if this is canon. All we really have to go off is his fight with Vader. We know Vader was super conflicted in his fight with his son and he wasn't trying to kill him... Had they both been out for blood and Luke beat him, I'd say Luke clears soundly.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

"Always fueled by hatred, he now gathers additional strength from fear but it is not enough."

I think this is from Beware of the Dark Side [2017] it implies that Vader is at least 100%. Luke still has his dark side amp though, so it depends on how significant you think the amp is.

Don't think there's anything in canon that proves Anakin can fight Sidious level opponents. It doesn't really make much sense to me that Anakin would be weaker than Luke, but the evidence points to Luke being stronger, imo.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 09:41 AM
Psychotron

Canon Vader is a monster and if we scale Luke off him he should be able to clear. Now, Vader was conflicted as we know, but lets not forget that Luke lowered his defenses twice in the ROTJ fight and Vader attacked him both times. He was still lethal. One wrong move and Luke would have been dead.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 09:51 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Psychotron
Canon Vader is a monster and if we scale Luke off him he should be able to clear. Now, Vader was conflicted as we know, but lets not forget that Luke lowered his defenses twice in the ROTJ fight and Vader attacked him both times. He was still lethal. One wrong move and Luke would have been dead.

He was conflicted. But even without that, he clearly wasnt going for the kill the way he was against say Ben Kenobi.

So we have nothing to compare Lukes TK to Vaders tbh. It was a Saber only fight where they are both trying to convert each other to their side, not ragdoll each other.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 01:19 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Jedi vs. Sith (2016) states:

"Father and son were now equally strong with the Force, and equally skilled with their lightsabers."

Luke and Vader not trying to kill each other doesn't change the fact that they were intended to be equals(and that was before Luke tapped into the dark side.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 18th, 2020 at 04:27 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 03:42 PM
Scizard

Ah, nice. Luke definitely gets to at least 5 then.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 06:36 PM
Forschbewithu

Originally posted by Galan007

"Father and son were now equally strong with the Force, and equally skilled with their lightsabers."

Luke and Vader not trying to kill each other doesn't change the fact that they were intended to be equals(and that was before Luke tapped into the dark side.)

Oh snap! That about seals the deal. Luke clears.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2020 11:24 PM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Luke’s learning curve is insane to be Vader level after only a few years of training

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 12:17 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

He was conflicted. But even without that, he clearly wasnt going for the kill the way he was against say Ben Kenobi.

So we have nothing to compare Lukes TK to Vaders tbh. It was a Saber only fight where they are both trying to convert each other to their side, not ragdoll each other.

He swung at him while Luke's saber was of. Twice. You can't honestly say he wasn't trying. And Luke wasn't going all out on Vader either. Not until Vader threatened Leia.

No, but now we have pre-ESB Luke shaking Star Destroyers and Luke shortly after ROTJ bringing down Star Destroyers in the battle of Jakku. His TK is implied to be pretty monstrous.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 08:35 AM
Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by Galan007

That settles that then.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2020 08:37 AM