KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » regarding the Sidious and Mace Windu scene

regarding the Sidious and Mace Windu scene
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

regarding the Sidious and Mace Windu scene

I wasnt sure i think Canon mentions it that when Sidious fought Mace and when Mace had got the upper hand: Sidious only lost on purpose to deceive anankin and turn him to the dark side or did sidious go all out on mace ?

If Sidious really fought Mace could he have beaten him easily in that light saber duel even though mace had vaapad: was it effective against sidious or had no affect on him ?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 10:37 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ozz81
I wasnt sure i think Canon mentions it that when Sidious fought Mace and when Mace had got the upper hand: Sidious only lost on purpose to deceive anankin and turn him to the dark side or did sidious go all out on mace ?

If Sidious really fought Mace could he have beaten him easily in that light saber duel even though mace had vaapad: was it effective against sidious or had no affect on him ?

It's been years, but IIRC George Lucas confirmed Sids lost the saber fight. Horribly, I might add, since having your weapon front kicked out of your hands is the equivalent of being giving a wet willie KO in boxing.

If you're taking EU strongly into consideration, Mace is closer to Yoda than you'd think in terms of dueling ability and is primed to deal with Dark Side users because of Vaapad/Shatterpoint. It's not an instant or guaranteed win card, but it helps. Sids only has on-screen lightsaber domination of three mid tier Jedi masters, clustered in a doorway, with their AI turned off so as to prevent a counterattack against what must be a 4-5 second spin before landing before a thrust...

Sorry, my brain hurts thinking about how dumb that entire scene was. GL had an opportunity and a half to make Sids a good duelist, and he squandered it willingly.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 08:06 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Sidious was a great duelist, but he was an even more formidable force user and could have killed Mace with the force after being disarmed if he wanted to. But Anakin showed up so he didn’t.

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Mar 30th, 2020 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 08:37 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Mace legit beat him in the duel though. Keep in mind that Yoda was also able to disarm Sidious, but Sidious then resorted to his force abilities to over power Yoda.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 08:38 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

There's a part in the duel where Palpatine has Mace at bladepoint and doesn't take the lunge. IMO looks like Palpatine spared Mace even if he did legitimately disarm him.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 02:59 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

It seems pretty clear to me, but it could be a mistake, I mean somehow a blade went missing in TLJ so I can see this happening too.

I'd honestly like some more Mace Windu so we can see where he actually places in terms of lightsaber duelists.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 03:51 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Mother Talzin held her own against Windu in a saber duel.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 05:00 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Stealth Moose
GL had an opportunity and a half to make a good movie, and he squandered it willingly.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 05:32 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

In TLJ during the fight against the Praetorian Guards a blade that was near Rey's back disappears during the fight.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 05:57 PM
xPRIMEx

Rumor is there may be a Vader/Windu duel in the future. It’s likely there will be a disney+ Vader tv series as well as a Windu tv series that connect together. I’d love to see Vader kill that smug a$$hole

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Mar 31st, 2020 at 07:37 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 07:34 PM
Scizard

I'd like it if it wasn't bring ANOTHER character back to life...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 08:26 PM
xPRIMEx

Yeah well that’s kinda their thing lol

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 08:44 PM
xPRIMEx

Anyone who falls to their death always comes back. Maul, Sidious, Ben... now possibly Windu

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 08:45 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Mother Talzin held her own against Windu in a saber duel.
True.

Even though they only fought for about 1 minute, I suppose that still scales Talzin pretty high, considering that was her only real saber battle(the possessed Dooku vs. Palpatine scene from SoD notwithstanding.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hutchy1345

Windu and Vader TV show aren't confirmed?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 10:40 AM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Galan007
True.

Even though they only fought for about 1 minute, I suppose that still scales Talzin pretty high, considering that was her only real saber battle(the possessed Dooku vs. Palpatine scene from SoD notwithstanding.)
Palpatine says her skill was nothing compared to Dooku. angel

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 05:15 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Right, but can't say for sure if Talzin would've had the same control of Dooku's body that she had of her own.

Palpatine was able to tell within a few strikes/seconds that Talzin-possessed Dooku had "none of his skill"... But I'm hard-pressed to think that someone with none of Dooku's skill would have been able to stalemate Mace(even if their battle was brief.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 1st, 2020 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 05:22 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Right, but can't say for sure if Talzin would've had the same control of Dooku's body that she had of her own.

Palpatine was able to tell within a few strikes/seconds that Talzin-possessed Dooku had "none of his skill"... But I'm hard-pressed to think that someone with none of Dooku's skill would have been able to stalemate Mace(even if their battle was brief.)

Early Legends canon (maybe even Shatterpoint itself) indicated Dooku was the only real threat to Mace Windu's saber technique, with Yoda being an obvious head and shoulders over both. But actual precision and talent are Dooku's hallmarks, and Vastor has shown that even a rudimentary knowledge of the Force coupled with considerable raw power is a handful.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

No logical reason to assume that she didn't have the same control.

Either way it don't say that Dooku is leagues above Windu but it to me anyways suggests that Dooku>Windu in skill.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2020 11:24 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by juggernaut74
No logical reason to assume that she didn't have the same control.

Either way it don't say that Dooku is leagues above Windu but it to me anyways suggests that Dooku>Windu in skill.
But here's the thing: if Talzin herself is far inferior to Dooku where saber skill is concerned, then she would have been utterly rape-stomped by Mace within the first few strikes... But she wasn't at all. Their saber fight was brief(only about a minute long), but Talzin was at least capable of holding her own.

So the only logical way to consolidate Palpatine's statement about Talzin-possessed Dooku's skill here(which he made within seconds after their clash began, mind you):
https://i.imgur.com/KBPf7yL.jpg
Is if we assume that Talzin was simply unable to use the full breadth of her skill while possessing Dooku's body.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2020 01:39 AM