KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sidious vs. Dooku + Vos (canon)

Sidious vs. Dooku + Vos (canon)
Started by: Sheev

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sheev
The All-Sith

Sidious vs. Dooku + Vos (canon)

ROTS Sidious.

vs.

ROTS Dooku and peak Vos.

Last edited by Sheev on Jun 22nd, 2020 at 01:15 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Sidious should still win.

Though this team should murder Mace, who overpowered Sidious which does confuse things.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Edit: Sorry, I thought it was using The Rise of Skywalker Sidious

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Jun 22nd, 2020 at 04:38 PM

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 04:27 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Sidious should still win.

Though this team should murder Mace, who overpowered Sidious which does confuse things.
That's why I say team wins.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 04:34 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I think in a saber only fight, team takes it. They both are pretty solid duelists, Dooku held his own against Yoda, and Vos is around that level, so neither of them is getting the Tiin or Kolar treatment here.

Force-wise, Sidious should take it though. He is solidly above Dooku, and Dooku looked stronger than Vos even as of their second fight, albeit not by much. Vos was able to use the force to take the lighsaber off the Count's hand, but then the Count force pushed him away. I think Sid would take it

All-out, it may depend on the setting tbh. If it's the chancellor office, duo should take it, since there the duel will likely be mostly about sabers. If it's the senate hall where Sid defeated Yoda, Sheev may be able to keep the distance and spam force powers

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

If it's an all out Palpatine might just ragdoll Vos I'd give them lightsabers only though.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 08:04 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Yes sabers they have it I think.

A exhausted Dooku held his own against Yoda and Yoda disarmed Sidious.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2020 09:08 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yes sabers they have it I think.

A exhausted Dooku held his own against Yoda and Yoda disarmed Sidious.
I don't think Yoda disarmed in canon though

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 08:47 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Team.

I honestly don't see Sidious ragdolling them with the Force. The one time he used TK to choke Dooku, Dooku wasn't prepared, and certainly wouldn't have tried to fight off his master's attack.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 04:44 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Dooku managed to ragdoll Vos so I reckon Palpatine could do it.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 07:01 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Team.

I honestly don't see Sidious ragdolling them with the Force. The one time he used TK to choke Dooku, Dooku wasn't prepared, and certainly wouldn't have tried to fight off his master's attack.

Ive never bought into that theory. I see no reason why Dooku wouldnt at least try to resist the choke.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 08:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If a dog bites its owner, it usually gets put down. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
If a dog bites its owner, it usually gets put down. /shrug

Put down how though? Hes on another planet and has his own army.

Actually army is understating it.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 10:16 PM
Scizard

Yeah there's no reason to piss off Sidious even more than he already was in that moment.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2020 11:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Put down how though? Hes on another planet and has his own army.

Actually army is understating it.
Do you really think Dooku would want to risk having Sidious(and his resources) as an enemy?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

With regards to Sabers I would give it to the team. Sidious is good, but Dooku and Vos combined based off their feats from Dark Disciple and the Clone Wars may prove more than Sidious can handle in a pure lightsaber duel.

In a force fight however Sidious I think can still take this. He has more powerful force lighting and is only matched in the force by Yoda at this point in time. Once Vos is out Dooku will also fall.

All out: Sidious, but narrowly. In the end he will turn this into a force fight and I see his advantage in the force as greater than the teams advantage with lightsabers.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 01:11 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Dooku was trying to resist, hence all the clawing at his own neck. Those signs of panic were nothing short of primal intincts kicking in to survive.

Example, even if you allow someone to put your head under water, once your instints kick in you're going to fight and squirm to raise up for air.

Can Sidious ragdoll Dooku in a combat scenerio is another question. I'm going to assume that if he can slam/hold both Maul and Savage against a wall or pull them off a balcony against their will in combat, then he is more than cabable of doing the same to just Dooku.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Dooku was definitely panicking in that moment(as anyone would when they're being strangled to death), but it's impossible to say if he was actively using the Force to defend himself there.

That was a 'teachable moment' for Dooku, after all, so him trying to block Palpatine's choke would have undermined the 'lesson' and more than likely enraged Palpatine even more. I really don't think Dooku would have risked incurring Palpatine's full wrath by using the Force against him. /shrug

**Not saying Palpatine couldn't dominate Dooku with the Force, btw.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 12:03 PM
Dominis

Dooku was definitely panicking in that moment(as anyone would when they're being strangled to death), but it's impossible to say if he was actively using the Force to defend himself there.

Yeah but Dooku went into panic mode because his instincts were telling him he was being choked to death. His panicking was a reflexive response, indicating he was fighting to survive. And being a force user, using the force would be as natural and as common for Dooku as using our hands and feet would be for us, and just as using our hands and feet to fight to survive would be automatic for us, using the force would have been automatic for Dooku.

**Not saying Palpatine couldn't dominate Dooku with the Force, btw.

I know.

All I'm saying is that I believe we have more than enough evidence to prove that Sidious can deal with Dooku with just the force in combat if he really wanted to. If he can attack Maul and Savage in a combat situation, then he should be able to attack just Dooku just as easily. And if Dooku isn't strong enough to fight off Sidious's force hold once he is in one (which I believe that being unable to break free during the transmission proves he isn't strong enough to), then he is as good as dead.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 01:07 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Maybe Dooku was instinctively using the Force to keep his trachea from collapsing, but I still don't think he was using the Force to try and outright block/counter Palpatine's choke. As mentioned, I feel like undermining Palpatine in such a way would have enraged him even moreso... Which would have likely been a legitimate death sentence for Dooku(Sith masters don't typically appreciate their apprentices using the Force against them.)

Oh I agree that Palpatine > Dooku in the Force, and could ultimately trounce him in that respect. I just don't think the aforementioned choke scene is necessarily indicative of the gap that would exist between them in an all-out battle.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 01:27 PM