KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Anyone seen the Langoliers?

Anyone seen the Langoliers?
Started by: Darth Revan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Revan
-

Anyone seen the Langoliers?

Has anyone besides me seen this? It's a little odd but has a very good take on time travel. I thought that it was overall fairly good, despite a lot of the actors being really irritating.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 03:27 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Is that a mini-series from a Stephen King book?!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 11:58 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Ellie

I've seen it and I think it was pretty cool. Great story!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 06:13 PM
Lady Ellie is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Ellie a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Ellie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

I have seen it at least ten times, and I enjoy it. big grin

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 08:00 PM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Boy
Kevski

Starts off pretty good, with a decent David Morse, but goes reallllllllllllllllllllly stoopid at the end!

www.myspace.com/throughsolace
Through Solace- The Stand out in March 08 on Holdfast Records

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 08:22 PM
Bad Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

It was good though the special FX at the end were...special whistle

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 10:08 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I agree that it starts off interesting then gets really really dumb.
"They sound like Rice Krispies." -- HA HA HA!!!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 10:32 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

Yeah I saw this a long time ago, don't remember exactly when. It was a TV miniseries. Very good, one of the best Stephen King stories adapted to film IMO.

Btw, shouldn't this be moved to the horror movies forum?

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:55 AM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Was that the one with Dean Stockwell on the plane?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 10:18 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLG

In my opinion I thought the Langoliers was a great mini series. I didn't see it on television, but I rented it. I thought the story was great. I saw it altogether 2 times.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 02:29 AM
LLG is currently offline Click here to Send LLG a Private Message Find more posts by LLG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heather 29

Yeh, i've seen it years ago and I didn't like it at all. it scared me alot
but, it was a chance to see Bronsen Pinchot though again after I saw him in the sitcom perfect strangers way back from the 80's. but other then that I hated that movie

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 02:31 AM
Heather 29 is currently offline Click here to Send Heather 29 a Private Message Find more posts by Heather 29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRO-PAIN
PAIN...PRO-PAIN

It was ok, I have it on dvd, def. wouldn't say it's one of King's better book to movie translations...

I liked the short story though, the movie just doesn't do it justice.

MY DVD COLLECTION UPDATED 4/24/05

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 04:36 AM
PRO-PAIN is currently offline Click here to Send PRO-PAIN a Private Message Find more posts by PRO-PAIN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great tv mini-series, marred only by that super-annoying little
girl!!!!! miffed

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 04:43 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

good up until the "giant hairy mouths eat the past" revelation...i like the idea that everything in the past is lifeless and the food has no taste

and the impending sense of doom with the noise in the distance

suffers from what most stephen king stuff suffers from...crap endings

look at the stand...great mini series...then everyone but the retard and one other person dies

or "IT"...scary clown...hidden past...childhood nightmares...then BANG...giant spider...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 11:32 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drunk_nazgul
obscure

I saw it. I thought it was okay as far as plot... but then... gah.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 02:47 AM
drunk_nazgul is currently offline Click here to Send drunk_nazgul a Private Message Find more posts by drunk_nazgul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

i like this movie

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 05:31 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thunder Fox
F.M.L

it wasn't time travel it was different dimmension they landed because all those who were awake vanished

Merc with a Mouth, the Crimson Nutcase

Old Post May 15th, 2005 07:04 PM
Thunder Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Thunder Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Thunder Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

It's a decent little mini-series......about what you can expect from a made for tv budget. The ending does suck.......it ranks right up there with Pennywise being a spider.

quote:
Btw, shouldn't this be moved to the horror movies forum?

no......nothing resembling horror to be found in the series. It's a time travel story about a group of people who get mis-placed in time.

quote:
it wasn't time travel it was different dimmension they landed because all those who were awake vanished

it's been a while since I watched it.......but wasn't it explained that the group of people had basically time travelled because something or another in the storm caused their matter to slow down, allowing all other physical beings to pass them up in time, which resulted in only the non-biological pieces of them to be left behind (pace makers, dentures, etc.).......they didn't vanish, their physical bodies were simply out of sync with the rest of the group whom the story focuses on.......their physical bodies had moved ahead in time whereas the group's bodies had moved backwards or something.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 04:04 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

no never seen it

Old Post May 28th, 2005 04:10 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

you're not missing too much......

Old Post May 28th, 2005 04:14 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote