KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Ghostbusters

I can't believe there isn't a "Ghostbusters" thread on KMC! eek!

Anycrap, discuss away! I don't have much to add, I'm just wanting to kick start the Sci Fi forums, but I'll be sure to jump right in later, lol.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 10:35 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

The first was awesome! The second was okay though I don't remember much about it.

Did anyone see The Critic where he had to write Ghostbusters 3? It was too good so they changed it so there was some guy (I forget who) that was giant walking around the city. Funny stuff.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 10:40 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Ghostbusters was cool, the second one was good, but not as good as the first one. Still they were both better than those crappy cartoons of it that they did.

Venkman was my favourate of the four.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 04:22 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie
The first was awesome! The second was okay though I don't remember much about it.

"Ghostbusters 2" was Vigo the Carpathian, the Titanic arrived at the dock, and they Ecto-Plasmed the Statue of Liberty and brought it to life, lol.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 05:31 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Yeah, all I remember is the Statue of Liberty coming to life and Peter MacNicol acting similar to his character in Dracula: Dead and Loving It.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 07:16 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they sure are fond on having a giant running around in a city

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 07:18 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Hence the Critic episode with Ghostbusters 3.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 07:20 PM
yerssot

I (luckily?) never saw that one

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 07:33 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I adore Ghostbusters. What a movie.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:46 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
Ghostbusters was cool, the second one was good, but not as good as the first one. Still they were both better than those crappy cartoons of it that they did.

Venkman was my favourate of the four.

the cartoons were good mmmkay

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 10:02 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yeah, the cartoons were excellent.

They had their own style, and actually have a strong cult following, as the storylines were often quite scary for kids.

I loved everything Ghostbusters when I was a kid.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 10:05 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padmé Amidala
The Bride of Cascador

Im still annoyed they never got to make Ghostbusters 3 sad I dont know how far along they were--- but I know there was atleast a script treatment

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 10:46 PM
Padmé Amidala is currently offline Click here to Send Padmé Amidala a Private Message Find more posts by Padmé Amidala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

one of bill murrays best imo...

great movies (1 & 2)...

the library scene and the one where the cerberus type creature chases moranis(sp) through the park are two of the best imo...

and of course one of my favourite lines:

"we came, we saw, we kicked its ass..."

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 03:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

"You know how some people sleep over the covers... she sleeps way over the covers...." - something like that, haven't seen it in FOREVER.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:19 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Best line has got to be:

Ray : "...but d***less here shut it down!"
Mayor: "Is this true?"
Peter: "Yes it's true.........this man has no d***"

laughing out loud

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:16 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lydia_J

The ghostbuster films were really good, althoguh in havent seen them in years so i'm not sure i remember which ones were which

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:36 PM
Lydia_J is currently offline Click here to Send Lydia_J a Private Message Find more posts by Lydia_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
Best line has got to be:

Ray : "...but d***less here shut it down!"
Mayor: "Is this true?"
Peter: "Yes it's true.........this man has no d***"

laughing out loud

laughing I forgot about that.

Damn you, SpikeSpiegel! Now I have to get it!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 10:14 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I found another copy of both 1 and 2 yesterday for $4.99 a piece. They're actually HTF, and have been out of print for a couple of years now.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 10:29 PM
yerssot

by a quirk of faith/fate... I'm hearing "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Junior now thumb up

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 10:41 PM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I found another copy of both 1 and 2 yesterday for $4.99 a piece. They're actually HTF, and have been out of print for a couple of years now.

Must search Half.com or eBay.... blink

Old Post Mar 15th, 2005 01:51 AM