KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » "The Running Man"

"The Running Man"
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"The Running Man"

A movie that predates the whole reality television craze. Long before Survivor and The Amazing Race, Richard Dawson hosted "The Running Man". A smart, socially aware, and at times funny Sci Fi flick loaded with Arnie one-liners from one Mr. Ben Richards.

Anyone a fan?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 11:18 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Never seen it... Is it worth a watch?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 11:59 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I'd say. It'e even better now, especially with all the Reality T.V.crap. It's almost like a prediction of what we'd ending up loving for entertainment, just not people killing one another on television, lol.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 12:03 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

You mean the Arnold Schwarzenegger film? I saw it like once and loved it. I should watch it again. It's not as good as Total Recall but still really good.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 02:52 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I think I liked the overall idea more than the movie. Arnie looked kinda odd with the beard. Also, exploding shock collars, I believe, began in "The Running Man", which were later used in "Battle Royale".

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 07:52 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I think I liked the overall idea more than the movie. Arnie looked kinda odd with the beard. Also, exploding shock collars, I believe, began in "The Running Man", which were later used in "Battle Royale".

They did i think...

great movie... one that people tend to forget in favour of total recall sadly...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 03:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

its cool for 2 reasons its based on one of my fave authors books(stephen king) and arnolds in it

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 05:10 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

good flick....very underrated but that could be do to the fact that king kong bundy is in it

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 06:08 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johnlindsey289

Awesome movie, one of my all time favorites! I own that wickedly awesome 2-Disc special edition on DVD, i think this movie is Arnold Schwartzenger's only cult movie with a cult following.

If you enjoy this movie, i recommend these other "Running Man"-like movies you might enjoy:

" Battle Royale".
" The Fifth Element".
" Blade Runner".
" Dark City".
" Total Recall".
" Commando".
"Escape from New York".
" Rock & Rule".
" Heavy Metal".
" Akira".
" Rollerball ( Original)".
" Death Race 2000".
" Videodrome".
"Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky".
" The Matrix".
" Tron".

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 07:31 AM
Johnlindsey289 is currently offline Click here to Send Johnlindsey289 a Private Message Find more posts by Johnlindsey289 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Big_Boy

Great flick. I actually rememebr seeing it in the theatre when I was a youngin.

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 03:32 PM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

"How bout a light?" - Hilarious.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 10:14 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Odious
Restricted

Account Restricted

The story by King is a little different(better too) but I still love the movie with Arnold struggling with the english language as he pumps out those badass one liners.
" That sure hit the spot."
" He had to spilt."

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 03:42 PM
Darth Odious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Odious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Odious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No the best line is, " Hey, Christmas tree"

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 03:49 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ComeGetSum!
T.F.U.

The Running Man kicks ass!

Big Arnold at his Best.

Those collar things have been ripped of so many times from this movie!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 03:35 PM
ComeGetSum! is currently offline Click here to Send ComeGetSum! a Private Message Find more posts by ComeGetSum! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zilverz

i love this movie ... definately an arnold classic .. the opening scene sets you up perfect to see how fawked up the future is. worth owning on DVD for sure

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 08:05 AM
Zilverz is currently offline Click here to Send Zilverz a Private Message Find more posts by Zilverz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoDefeat

I think Running Man is his best film. The lines are thick and fast and lots of guest appearances. Though Terminator was good as well. I think I got a bit bored like most people of him playing the same role in every movie with the same one liners but Running Man is still great and I must watch it again soon smile

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 06:24 PM
NoDefeat is currently offline Click here to Send NoDefeat a Private Message Find more posts by NoDefeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

great movie, love it!

does anyone know if it has/will get a special edition like R1 on DVD over in the UK?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Apr 20th, 2005 07:50 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Odious
Restricted

Account Restricted

Richard Dawson is basically playing himself I'm sure.

Old Post May 4th, 2005 06:37 PM
Darth Odious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Odious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Odious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
epro

BIG FAN!

Old Post May 6th, 2005 02:56 PM
epro is currently offline Click here to Send epro a Private Message Find more posts by epro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
y_monkee

mate! that was one bad ass movie!! ... bad as in good cos that movie rocked!

Arnie close to his 80's arse kicking best ... i like the flame thrower guy !

"the butcher from bakersville" LOL

Old Post May 7th, 2005 12:38 PM
y_monkee is currently offline Click here to Send y_monkee a Private Message Find more posts by y_monkee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote