KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Final Cut

The Final Cut
Started by: Wolfie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

The Final Cut

I just saw this today.

For those that haven't heard of it, it's starring Robin Williams. In the near-distant future, people can decide to put Zoe chips into their children's heads. They live through life and when the person dies, the chip is taken out and a "cutter" gets to watch the person's whole life and cut it to make an enjoyable movie out of for the family to enjoy forever. Robin Williams plays a cutter.

It's really good, anyone else see it?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 02:42 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wazz
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: The Final Cut

What is it about wolfie?? smile

Attachment: nas.jpg
This has been downloaded 46 time(s).

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 05:15 PM
wazz is currently offline Click here to Send wazz a Private Message Find more posts by wazz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

The official plot is that Robin Williams finds some information that can cost him his life. However, this becomes the conflict in the last ten minutes or so.

It's mainly a character-driven story about the lonliness he feels and some of the terrible images he's forced to watch for a living.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 09:23 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

I saw it in the video store the other day and I was tempted to rent it but didn't. I just can't see Robin Williams in any other role other than comedy. It's his forte!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 01:24 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

You didn't see One Hour Photo? Robin Williams could pull off dramatic roles very well.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 04:38 AM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

If it's anything like One Hour Photo, I'm interested.

He plays such sympathetic roles, I actually think he's better at doing serious stuff than the comedy.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 03:51 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rignite
Divinity embodied

Same here, he's an awesome actor.

Final Cut was an enjoyable film. Slow at a few parts, but very enjoyable.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 04:55 PM
Rignite is currently offline Click here to Send Rignite a Private Message Find more posts by Rignite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

seen previeus

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:46 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I caught it tonight. Good idea, bad execution. Robin Williams was great, and "One Hour Photo" came to mind a few times, in fact. The thing is, like so many other Lion's Gate Films releases, it was just flat overall. It was a GREAT premise for a really promising Sci Fi, especially the "rememory" sessions in lieu of funerals. Rememories, being short films comprised of life memories for those equipped with the Zoe implant.

It had sooo much promise, but relied on one guy to carry it all.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 05:43 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote