KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Terminator vs matrix

Terminator vs matrix
Started by: barand1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
barand1

Terminator vs matrix

what do you prefer better, The Terminator trilogy or the matrx trilogy?

I prefer Terminator 100%. I very much dislike the matrix , thats why i haven't used CAPs when typing matrix.

haha smile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 01:38 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't like the third in the Terminator trilogy, and only like the first Matrix as a whole, unlike the other two.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 02:26 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"Terminator", if only for 1 and 2. BTW, I'm moving this thread to Sci Fi, since it can;t be split into the two franchises respective forums.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 02:27 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think they both did just as much for film. Terminator has time on it's hands, but thats just becuase of the recent film. Which was mind piercingly bad. The original terminator set a standard for film. The original matrix did aswell, and they both used original style, and technique. The matrix trilogy was written well, but not needed. Terminator and terminator 2 are quite possibly some of the finest examples of sci-fi cinema out there. The matrix does hold it's ground as a strong sci-fi film.Terminator tainted the terminator franchise.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 05:58 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlazingBarrells

screw the matrix. TERMINATOR FOREVER. i mean dont egt me wrong, the wachowskis first two installments were fantastic, but the third was made way to fast in the cutting room and should have been way better. i could go on forever on why it could and should have been better but thats another thing. Even though the first terminator wasnt really THAT good, it still made for two amazing sequels. james cameron and johnathon mostow are fantastic directors. and i disagree very much about the third T. it was freakin amazing, watch the directing, the action doesnt get much better than that. One RARE example would be the freeway chase in MREloaded. That was prolly one of my favorite action sequences of all time.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 06:46 PM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlazingBarrells

and it seems i am the ONLY film fan who loved the third Terminator. Iduhno, maybe i am crazy. but i still wont change my mind.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 06:47 PM
BlazingBarrells is currently offline Click here to Send BlazingBarrells a Private Message Find more posts by BlazingBarrells Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlazingBarrells
screw the matrix. TERMINATOR FOREVER. i mean dont egt me wrong, the wachowskis first two installments were fantastic, but the third was made way to fast in the cutting room and should have been way better. i could go on forever on why it could and should have been better but thats another thing. Even though the first terminator wasnt really THAT good, it still made for two amazing sequels. james cameron and johnathon mostow are fantastic directors. and i disagree very much about the third T. it was freakin amazing, watch the directing, the action doesnt get much better than that. One RARE example would be the freeway chase in MREloaded. That was prolly one of my favorite action sequences of all time.

Terminator 3 was a bad remake of T-2. Even all of the action mirrored action sequences from T-2. It really isnt that hard to direct a film when you have production budgets nearing 200 million dollars

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 10:21 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

as trilogies they are both sub par.

As far as one movie goes, i like matrix the best.

If I need two back to back, i will take t1 and t2

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 10:31 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

no your not the only one who liked T3. I love it to bits. Great movie!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 11:26 AM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
"Terminator", if only for 1 and 2. BTW, I'm moving this thread to Sci Fi, since it can;t be split into the two franchises respective forums.

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I think they both did just as much for film. Terminator has time on it's hands, but thats just becuase of the recent film. Which was mind piercingly bad. The original terminator set a standard for film. The original matrix did aswell, and they both used original style, and technique. The matrix trilogy was written well, but not needed. Terminator and terminator 2 are quite possibly some of the finest examples of sci-fi cinema out there. The matrix does hold it's ground as a strong sci-fi film.Terminator tainted the terminator franchise.

i agree with both of you... if t3 had been any way decent this wouldnt even be a debate...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 12:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

And T3 had Edward Furlong back, and Claire Danes out. Urgh.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 04:34 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoDefeat

I've seen all the Terminator films and only the first Matrix. I haven't seen the others yet because I've heard too many bad things about them though I may just go and rent them one day and see what they are like (I usually don't take into account what people say about films because if I did then I wouldn't have even watched half the films I like!) The 3 Terminator films were good, the third one being the weakest.
I think they try too hard on special effects and not enough on story myself. but it is worth a rental I suppose!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 05:58 PM
NoDefeat is currently offline Click here to Send NoDefeat a Private Message Find more posts by NoDefeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's worth the rent for the Terminatrix, they should have made her a lot more dark/evil.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:07 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by MildPossession
It's worth the rent for the Terminatrix, they should have made her a lot more dark/evil.

There was no way she was going to top the performance of the T-1000 in T-2. The T-1000 is one of cinema's most relentless and cold villians. I think they should have made the villian more ruthless and also have gone with a different story than one that had been told before. As for being evil, i think the evil is only portrayed through the actor. You cannot write a script with a terminator killing for fun or without programming. I think the actor in T-2 did a great job in giving an emotionless character a real sense of dread. I really dont think the chik did anything special. Remember acting like a machine is the easiest thing in the book. I felt like i was watching a human trying to be a machine with the terminatrix performance

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 02:19 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wasn't even implying that the Terminatrix was better than Patricks performance in T2. I just like it because they went with a woman, and that was interesting to see in my eyes.

don't have to explain to me about his performance. smile

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 02:52 PM
BlazingBarrells

nope no way, T3 forever suckers.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 05:47 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by MildPossession
I wasn't even implying that the Terminatrix was better than Patricks performance in T2. I just like it because they went with a woman, and that was interesting to see in my eyes.

don't have to explain to me about his performance. smile

yeah, my appologies. Diddnt read carefully and jumped to conclusions.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 06:22 PM
super pr*xy

Re: Terminator vs matrix

Originally posted by barand1
what do you prefer better, The Terminator trilogy or the matrx trilogy?

I prefer Terminator 100%. I very much dislike the matrix , thats why i haven't used CAPs when typing matrix.

haha smile

you certainly showed the matrix.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 07:15 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

oh well finally the vs thread of terminator and matrix

first matrix movie was really nicely made, second movie was nice but it all set up for the third movie, which blew.
as for the terminator movies, the first 2 are my 2 favorite movies of all times without a shadow of a doubt, although t3 did spoil the fun i would still take terminator over matrix ANYTIME,ANYWHERE

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 09:15 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

terminator dominates hands down, screw the third one i regard that movie as not even existing. Like someone said ealier it was just a poor remake of 2 and it didn't have cameron on board so who cares.

Matrix one was great but two and three (especially 3) are a disapointment.

Terminator all the way

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 10:05 PM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote