KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » On the heels of LOTR, should terry brookes make Shannara series into a movie?

On the heels of LOTR, should terry brookes make Shannara series into a movie?
Started by: biskit13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
biskit13

Question On the heels of LOTR, should terry brookes make Shannara series into a movie?

With the LOTR being as sucessfull as it was, should terry brookes make (or allow) the Shannara series to be made into a "live" action ,movie, or series of movies?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 01:13 AM
biskit13 is currently offline Click here to Send biskit13 a Private Message Find more posts by biskit13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Mmmmm....I don't really think so. While they are good books, they're just TOO much like LOTR. Plus there are tons of them, so what part of the story would you mean?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 09:47 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
biskit13

Hell, start with the first king of shanarra , and then maybe take it from there, we all get to see allanon introduced, and he is around for for, what, the next 3 (?) books after that

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 11:01 PM
biskit13 is currently offline Click here to Send biskit13 a Private Message Find more posts by biskit13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Personally, I think that Landover books would make better movies.

They're far different from LOTR and there's a greater fantasy element than in the mainstream Shannara books.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post May 21st, 2005 11:13 AM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

These books probably havent been made into a film because no one can find a good reason, and i dont blame them. What boring repetitive books. dont worry though these books have a huge following so it will be made into a film sooner or later...gaurenteed.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:40 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowmantis

i dont think shannara would work as a movie. its cool as a book, but as a movie, it would be boring as hell.

...unless they pack it with CG. oh hey, thats kinda like LOTR wink

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:12 PM
shadowmantis is currently offline Click here to Send shadowmantis a Private Message Find more posts by shadowmantis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cait Sith

I think some of Raymod E. Feist Books would make awesome movies. Like Magician. But Shannara....i dont know if they would be good as movies.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:45 AM
Cait Sith is currently offline Click here to Send Cait Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Cait Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowmantis

i know ringworld is more scifi than fantasy, but i think the first book would make an awesome movie. ive heard that scifi channel is making a short series on it, but i dont know how true that is.

now, a DISCWORLD movie.. that would rock :P

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:20 AM
shadowmantis is currently offline Click here to Send shadowmantis a Private Message Find more posts by shadowmantis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The Shannara books are good....but a lot of them I think just are TOO similar to LOTR.

Maybe the Voyage of the Jerle Shannara trilogy would work.

And yes, Discworld movie would be kick-ass big grin

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 26th, 2005 01:26 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leafar

The Sword of Shanara is the most well known, so it will be made into a movie within 3 years. The deal with Warner Brothers has been made...they have the rights...according to an unconfirmed rumor. sick

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 06:55 PM
Leafar is currently offline Click here to Send Leafar a Private Message Find more posts by Leafar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sgtdisturbed47

Well, The Sword of Shannara makes a great book. as for a movie, well, its not that it is like the LOTR books or movies, but the story branches into too many sections wich would just make it too difficult to make a movie even remotely similar to the book. I would like to see Running With the Deamon, a Knight of the Word, and Angel Fire East turned into movies.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 08:59 AM
sgtdisturbed47 is currently offline Click here to Send sgtdisturbed47 a Private Message Find more posts by sgtdisturbed47 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cait Sith
I think some of Raymod E. Feist Books would make awesome movies. Like Magician. But Shannara....i dont know if they would be good as movies.

I concur - but then again, it would be hard to cast for those charcters I think. Less description of them really.

Perhaps it would be easier to make a film of Talon of the Silver Hawk?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2005 09:21 AM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bman3k

Hi guys, I'm new.

I disagree with you guys, Shannara is much better than LOTR. LOTR bored the crap out of me (I might read them again to make sure), the only one of Tolkiens books I liked was The Hobbitm loved it. I don't think Brooks should make his books into movies, we all picture the characters and events differently. I think if there was a movie lots of us would be vastly dissapointed. I really don't think Shannara is anything like LOTR.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 05:30 AM
bman3k is currently offline Click here to Send bman3k a Private Message Find more posts by bman3k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smity

re shannara series movie

I think they should have made the first two books first king and the sword into movies before lotr ever came out

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 07:02 AM
smity is currently offline Click here to Send smity a Private Message Find more posts by smity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any fantasy movie that comes out now will just be seen as riding on the coat tails of Lord of the Rings, and Narnia because Narnia managed to slip by.

I personally, think all movie adaptations of fantasy novels are crap except for Lotr.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 08:18 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

The thing is they make a movie out of anything theses days look hat Hitman the game . Things like Tomb raider, HP also turned into movies.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2008 09:40 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Yes make them...just make them good...thats all

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 01:51 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BetrayedUnicorn
...its science,dear

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
The thing is they make a movie out of anything theses days look hat Hitman the game . Things like Tomb raider, HP also turned into movies.

correct amundo.

-Saint Nicholas-

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 07:36 PM
BetrayedUnicorn is currently offline Click here to Send BetrayedUnicorn a Private Message Find more posts by BetrayedUnicorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lannfear

would like to see the chronicles of thomas covenant the unbeliever done........

Old Post May 19th, 2008 12:05 PM
lannfear is currently offline Click here to Send lannfear a Private Message Find more posts by lannfear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote