KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Official Doctor Who Thread

Like Dr Who?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 123 86.62%
No 12 8.45%
It's OK 7 4.93%
Total: 142 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Official Doctor Who Thread
Started by: Blue Dragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (181): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Smile Doctor Who

I only started watching it Saturday, my mum watched it before me. I wanted to see Bruno Langley in it (Todd Grimshaw in Corronation St.) I watched & I like it. I'm going to watch it every week now. Anyone else?

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 11:54 AM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I love Doctor Who, my favourate Doctor is the eighth one, Paul McGann. I've watched the film many times and I'm looking for some of his books in the shops (Gallifrey gets destroyed in the books, and I'm fairly sure he dies in the last one which is released next month). The new series is good, but it just seems a bit too far away from the original series for my liking, it's more aimed at the new younger audience.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 04:20 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

I AM Doctor Who! I am his latest incarnation as a scrawny boy! eek! quite a comedown. I don' even get a scantily clad sidekick.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 07:14 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grade 3 ol
Bordom Blabberer

I love the show. I am watching old eps on the Aus. ABC. IT TOTALLY ROCKS!!! I would like to be one of the sidekicks- Minus the scantily clad part. Thats just not my style.

to the pereson who said:
quote:
I AM Doctor Who! I am his latest incarnation as a scrawny boy! quite a comedown. I don' even get a scantily clad sidekick.

well... do you wear that cool hat and scarf that the tom baker doc. wears? cause if so: IM GUNNA STEAL IT! can i be your sidekick?

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 10:44 PM
grade 3 ol is currently offline Click here to Send grade 3 ol a Private Message Find more posts by grade 3 ol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

Some Dr Who fans have come along.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 07:50 AM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Depends if you match a reincarnated old goat's libido grade 3 ol

Oh incidentally I suspect Raz of being the Master

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 08:00 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StunningMono

Wooo *waves* Dr Who fan here!!

Have been watching the new series since it started, but sadly missed the two-parter sad

My fav doctors have to be Jon Pertwie (sp?), Peter Davidson and Paul McGann.

big grin

SpikeSpiegel - Paul McGann's doctor does die in the comic sketch that runs through the offical Dr Who magazine, so I guess it will be coming out as a novel or comic book soon!

"The new series is good, but it just seems a bit too far away from the original series for my liking, it's more aimed at the new younger audience."

- I think that might be the point, the older generations have their doctor, but the young ones don't, so I guess this Doctor and the ones to come will be theres.

Any views on the guy replacing Christopher Eccelson (sp?)???

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 10:02 AM
StunningMono is currently offline Click here to Send StunningMono a Private Message Find more posts by StunningMono Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Well, the new novel says that it's the last in the continuing adventures of the eighth doctor, and that after that his books will be put into the "past doctor" range.

The blurb reads:

"The Doctor's home planet of Gallifrey has been destroyed. The Time Lords are dead, their TARDISes annihilated. The man responsible has been tracked down and lured to Earth in the year 2005, where there will be no escape. But Earth has its hands full - a mystery signal is being received from a radio telescope, there's a second moon in the sky, and a primordial alien menace has been unleashed. The stage is set for the ultimate confrontation - for justice to be done. The Doctor and his companions Fitz and Trix will meet their destiny. And this time, the Doctor isn't going to be able to save everyone. This is the last in the continuing series of original adventures of the Eighth Doctor." which sounds good.

You wouldn't happen to know where I could find that comic strip online would you? Because I'ld like to see how it happened in that.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 04:36 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joeykangaroo
jumpy

erm ive seent he new 1s..but i dnt see what all the fuss is about- it ent even scary

Happy Dance**living it up in the out-back**Happy Dance
eek!>>>johnnyDepp<<<love

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 04:38 PM
joeykangaroo is currently offline Click here to Send joeykangaroo a Private Message Find more posts by joeykangaroo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

Well I think something doesn't feel right about this Doctor Who..of course I never watched the previous ones but something's different...doesn't feel like he's a doctor...

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 06:33 PM
StunningMono

SpikeSpiegel:

Try looking at the offical Dr Who Magazine website, it might have something there about it. Besides that I don't know, I just got the magazine after the new doctor took over, so all the Paul McGann storylines had finished!!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:59 PM
StunningMono is currently offline Click here to Send StunningMono a Private Message Find more posts by StunningMono Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel
I love Doctor Who, my favourate Doctor is the eighth one, Paul McGann. I've watched the film many times and I'm looking for some of his books in the shops (Gallifrey gets destroyed in the books, and I'm fairly sure he dies in the last one which is released next month). The new series is good, but it just seems a bit too far away from the original series for my liking, it's more aimed at the new younger audience.

New series is good- aimed for a modern market and still at kids which may offend older sensibilities, but still good (and that is how it ALWAYS was, for those with short memories), and Christopher Eccleston is fantastic!

But I should warn that the events of the books really have bugger all to do with the series; it is a different continuity. That Gallifrey got destroyed in the books as well is at most simply evidence of thematic similarily, and really, just a coincidence. The cause is different and Gallifrey seems to be being put back in the books anyway.

(The books have also, over time, destroyed the continuity of many Dr. Who stories, and I am prettty certain that the current tv writers do not agree with those ret-cons)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on May 4th, 2005 at 05:23 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2005 05:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StunningMono
Any views on the guy replacing Christopher Eccelson (sp?)???

David Tenant is very good- I have seen him in lots of stuff; I missed him in Casanova but I saw him in Blackpool and the recent remake of the Quatermass Experiment.

Furthermore, he is an avid Dr. Who fan and has already played a decent role in non-tv Dr. Who stuff (in the Scream of the Shalka). He was actually very annoyed that he didn't land a part in the new series (he had worked a lot with the new writer already), and it seems almost certain that this was because they were saving him to use as the next Doctor (because, contrary to how it was mistakenly announced, it now seems clear that Christopher was always planned to only do the one series).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 4th, 2005 05:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grade 3 ol
Bordom Blabberer

quote:
Depends if you match a reincarnated old goat's libido grade 3 ol

so, whats the level of libido of a reincarnated old goat... and may i ask why?
what do you want to know about my libido n e way?

I have not seen the new series of doctor who yet because it hasnt started being shown... THE ADS LOOK WIKID THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like K-9 hes my fav ^_^

Old Post May 6th, 2005 03:35 AM
grade 3 ol is currently offline Click here to Send grade 3 ol a Private Message Find more posts by grade 3 ol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

Who could forget the darlic? OK so I know they have always been part of Doctor Who, even though I didn't watch the previous series...but then again I think I would have been too young to watch the other Doctor Who's.

And I like science fiction & adventure.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 06:58 PM
grade 3 ol
Bordom Blabberer

YAY DALEKS!!!!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

my brother and sister were doing that one day (Playing daleks) and mum was looking at us like we were crazy! it was so fun

I watched a movie last night. It was a doctor who movie set in 1990. has anyone seen this?

I've also seen another one called "Doctor Who and the Daleks" It was pretty crap in my opinion. the tardis was a mess of wires and smeg and the doctor was HUMAN!!! ohhh its a crime against humanity!!! (And all thats not human!) anyone seen this one too?

Old Post May 8th, 2005 10:33 PM
Blue Dragon

You were playing Darlics!? OMG!

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 07:45 AM
04wayne

Doctor Who is crap!!!

Old Post May 9th, 2005 09:43 AM
04wayne is currently offline Click here to Send 04wayne a Private Message Find more posts by 04wayne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

Yeah well...doesn't suit everyone WAYNE!

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 9th, 2005 07:27 PM
grade 3 ol
Bordom Blabberer

quote:
You were playing Darlics!? OMG!

of coarse! big grin hey, kids do some of the wiiiiieeeerdest things. and i never said it was recent!

only the movie thing was.

i like smilies sorry!

Old Post May 9th, 2005 10:44 PM