KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » AVP 2: Aliens vs Predators

AVP 2: Aliens vs Predators
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

AVP 2: Aliens vs Predators

The sequel to Alien vs. Predator is happening and will most likely center on a battle in our world, 20th Century Fox Film Co-Chairman Tom Rothman told SCI FI Wire at the Saturn Awards in Los Angeles.

"We will do another one of those for sure. It was a big success," Rothman said in an interview before he received a Life Career Award from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films.

"In the new Alien vs. Predator they will finally actually really come to our world," said Rothman. The previous Alien and Predator movies took place in the future, and Alien vs. Predator took place in a remote Antarctic location, though in modern times. The new film could bridge the gap between all the movies and the two horror film franchises, Rothman said.

"It's likely that we will bridge the gap, and the beginning of that will be setting it in our contemporary universe," said Rothman. He laughed when the characters were likened to terrorists. "They were always terrorists, yes, but only metaphorically," he said.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:30 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Wow, unbelievable. How far can Hollywood go with crap?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 04:45 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Re: AVP 2: Aliens vs Predators

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lau_timmy

"We will do another one of those for sure. It was a big success," Rothman said in an interview before he received a Life Career Award from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films.

"In the new Alien vs. Predator they will finally actually really come to our world," said Rothman. The previous Alien and Predator movies took place in the future, and Alien vs. Predator took place in a remote Antarctic location, though in modern times. The new film could bridge the gap between all the movies and the two horror film franchises, Rothman said.

Idiot. "Predator 2" took place in 1997. Although it was filmed in 1990, that's hardly the "future" in which "Alien" took place in. All this jumbling of timelines is going to bite them in the ass, just like "Freddy vs Jason", nobody knowing when the hell it takes place.

The first movie was a "big success" in terms of earnings, and honestly, overseas is what made it big. That doesn't mean the movie was horribly flawed. I liked it, but the general consensus is that it sucked, and there's been backlash along with it.

I don't know who this Rothman character is personally. I'm a huge Sci Fi fan and never heard of him before this post. He's a co-chair suit at FOX? Fantastic. What has he written, directed, or produced? What Sci Fi franchises and characters did he birth?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:00 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'd be interested in this, though I was hugely disapointed by the original, the story isn't without promise.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:08 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Well i think the concept of the predator and alien alone have miles of potential. Shit, when i first heard the idea of andersons travesty (AvP) i was floored, then i saw the final product sad. These kinds of movies have such great potential. These are ass kickin sci-fi icons that encompass action, horror, suspense, and sci-fi all in one movie. Every attempt at a predator or alien movie should be a blockbuster to all action and sci fi fans alike. I think the only way this could possibly work is to break all ties of the other movies. Forget they even exist and make your own flick with plenty of aliens and predators this time. HOwever, you know CGI is going to pollute the screen with that many aliens, and that will only turn out to be shit in the end. any movie connected with aliens versus predator is going to be shit. I diddnt think it made that much money either. I thought it just made back what it cost and a little more.

CGI aliens look like shit and totally un believable.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 10:36 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

I knew they were going to make a sequel cause thats what hollywood is doing know a days. sequels, sequels, sequels. cant writters write any good stories these days? I guess not. I truly liked the first avp movie but come on another sequel?? im tired of sequels doesnt seem original and intresting as the first one. lazy ass writers :P

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:44 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

AvP was about one of the most UNoriginal movies ever

Old Post May 25th, 2005 07:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tandrade

Well i disagree with ragesremorse because we never saw what happened to the alien that was on the Predator ship and remember what that guy said? He said that the aliens could not get to the surface and waht happened one got to the surface. So i think they should make a AVP 2!!! big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin

Old Post May 25th, 2005 08:43 PM
Tandrade is currently offline Click here to Send Tandrade a Private Message Find more posts by Tandrade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I actually liked AvP........it's nothing great but I found it to be a decent little popcorn flick. They should just leave it alone........the ending of AvP did kind of bridge the gap between series and timeline as it left the audience with the option that the mysterious ship discovered in Alien could have been that of the predators.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 03:50 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jyaaku

nope, those are called pilots, and the skeleton in the movie alien looked more giant human than pred.
and they have to be careful when the use people in suits, cos then it would look like the old godzilla movies.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 12:20 PM
Jyaaku is currently offline Click here to Send Jyaaku a Private Message Find more posts by Jyaaku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Jyaaku
nope, those are called pilots, and the skeleton in the movie alien looked more giant human than pred.
and they have to be careful when the use people in suits, cos then it would look like the old godzilla movies.

The pilot of the alien ship in the original movie has no correlation to the Alien except that the species on the ship had collected alien eggs and the pilot of the ship got itself impregnated by an alien. which later caused the ship to crash when the alien burst out of the pilots chest.

Old Post May 28th, 2005 01:08 PM
faradayslaw

My only problem with the flick was that there wasn't enough Aliens vs. Predator. It was 90 percent humans running around getting killed.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 02:54 PM
faradayslaw is currently offline Click here to Send faradayslaw a Private Message Find more posts by faradayslaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

True.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 04:04 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

they should do a Aliens V Predator V Riddick

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:05 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

No, that would ruin it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 09:51 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

If they continue with the "Aliens and Predators on Earth running around freely maining and killing" motiff then how are we to believe that in the future that "Alien" and the subsequent movies took place in a world that only the company knew about the Aliens....?

Why would the Military of the future be so clueless about the existance of the two factions if they were known to us through loads of movies of them clashing on Earth...?

I smell franchise destroying hokum....

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 10:21 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Agreed. Maybe they will barely reach the surface and the Predators use their bombs to blow up any evidence of such a thing. Its weak, I know, but it could be pulled off. But as you just pointed out, it doesn't seem right to bring them to the city and have nobody know in the future. I say just let the battle take place in the future. I've always liked the set up of the Alien movies anyway, just let it take place on a ship like one of those. Hopefully, we'll finally get to see an alien that was hosted by a predator fight.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 05:14 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Re: Re: AVP 2: Aliens vs Predators

Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

I don't know who this Rothman character is personally. I'm a huge Sci Fi fan and never heard of him before this post. He's a co-chair suit at FOX? Fantastic. What has he written, directed, or produced? What Sci Fi franchises and characters did he birth?

Rothman is the guy who's been trying to kill the X-Men franchise ever since production started on the first one...

He's close to the top of my "to kill" list...

and he is anything but a sci fi fan...

A short letter too Rothman (taken from AICN)

quote:
When I call Rothman a villain, I’m well aware of how loaded that word is. I can’t think of anything more shocking this year, though, than the speech he gave at this year’s Saturn Awards. Here’s a show specifically designed to celebrate genre, a room filled with SF, fantasy, and horror filmmakers, and Tom Rothman gets up and not only lambasts everyone who writes about those genres, but also has the nerve to call himself a geek.

You, sir, are no geek. A geek would not have stripmined the ALIEN and PREDATOR franchises the way you did. A geek would not consistently value release dates and fiscal quarters over getting material right. Listening to him talk about what a friend he is to genre filmmakers was akin to being at a Shoah Foundation dinner where the guest of honor was Joseph Goebbels. This is the guy who chased Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin off an ID4 sequel after they made $600 million for the studio because he wanted to pay them half of what they made on the first film. This is the man who browbeat Stephen Norrington until he quit the business altogether. This is the guy who almost convinced Alex Proyas to give up filmmaking. How many genre filmmakers... great genre filmmakers... do you see returning to Fox over and over to make their films? And why, exactly, do you think that is?

By the way, Rothman... telling a ballroom full of people that you’re a geek because you f*ck the star of SUSPIRIA and PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE every night? Classy. Very, very classy. But still... not the point.

If you’re a Fox stockholder, now is the time to be concerned. X-MEN is the only proven major franchise that Fox currently has up and running. Who knows if FANTASTIC FOUR is going to work or not? Maybe it’ll be great. Maybe it won’t. ALIEN VS PREDATOR marked the end of two franchises at the same time. STAR WARS was never yours in the first place. Studios depend on these types of films. There’s a reason they’re called tentpoles. This is what you build the entire rest of your release year around. If you manage one of these properties the right way, it’s the gift that keeps on giving. Look at the way Sony has handled SPIDER-MAN so far. As soon as they release one, they start developing the next one, giving them plenty of time to get the script just right. They don’t start shooting until this winter, but they’re already doing FX and costume tests, and they’re deep into the writing process based on an outline that Sam Raimi and his brother have been tweaking since last year.

You know when Rothman finally gave the go-ahead to start putting together the treatment for X-MEN 3? This February. I’m a chronic procrastinator, and even I think that’s piss-poor time management, man.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2005 10:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i liked AvP but i dont think another one would be nessecary really ....

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 10:48 AM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

The first one wasn't necessary, but they are fun movies. Hopefully this one they make right.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 07:17 PM