KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Star Wars Vs. Star Trek (with a twist)

Which franchise has stood the test of time best?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Star Trek 11 29.73%
Star Wars 26 70.27%
Total: 37 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Star Wars Vs. Star Trek (with a twist)
Started by: Tiberius

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tiberius
The Admiral

Star Wars Vs. Star Trek (with a twist)

Before anyone starts, I love both!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 08:36 PM
Tiberius is currently offline Click here to Send Tiberius a Private Message Find more posts by Tiberius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I think Star Trek has definately stood the test of time since it came out way before Star Wars and has so many spin offs, but Star Wars has stood the test of time as well, especially since it changed the way space movies were made effects wise, etc. Even Star Trek was influenced by Star Wars, and vise versa. I voted Star Wars though because it appeals to a wider range of audience where Star Trek is more of a cult thing.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:07 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

I think SW, the new ST weren't received wery well (but i lived the new ones with Archer) and many still consider ST more geeky. And SW has more fans then ST, but i also love both.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:35 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Star Wars. Star Trek has more or less been relegated to the realm of cultdom, while Star Wars is still mainstream. I'm sure people recognize "May the Force be with you." over "Live long and prosper." Darth Vader has entered pop culture legendary status, and I can't name a single Star Trek villain to save my life.

Star Wars, hands down.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2007 11:40 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

I can't honestly put a fair vote in since I haven't given Star Trek a chance yet.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 07:49 AM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tiberius
The Admiral

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Strangelove
Star Wars. Star Trek has more or less been relegated to the realm of cultdom, while Star Wars is still mainstream. I'm sure people recognize "May the Force be with you." over "Live long and prosper." Darth Vader has entered pop culture legendary status, and I can't name a single Star Trek villain to save my life.

Star Wars, hands down.

(please log in to view the image)t

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 01:20 PM
Tiberius is currently offline Click here to Send Tiberius a Private Message Find more posts by Tiberius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, I mean... bits of original Trek hold up well, but when you see the hippie episode...

Really, much as I am a universal geek, Star Wars has a more timeless quality to it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 01:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Strangelove

Star Wars, hands down.

Very well said.

Star Trek has always appeared very dated to me.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 03:19 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Count Makashi
I think SW, the new ST weren't received wery well (but i lived the new ones with Archer) and many still consider ST more geeky. And SW has more fans then ST, but i also love both.

Its obviously a tie. Both have stood the test of time. All six Star Wars movie great. I don't believe what critics say. I have loved Star Trek since a I was a little kid. My fave Star Trek is Star Trek:TNG. I dod not care for the lost in space version of Star Trek even after Jeri Ryan came aboard. Enterprise was just atrocious.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2007 11:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Today when i watch star wars i am set beside myself less than i am when watching the original star trek series.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 03:29 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader11

Star Wars.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 11:11 PM
vader11 is currently offline Click here to Send vader11 a Private Message Find more posts by vader11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Star Wars as well. I think it has a lot more staying power to it. We'll continue to see it be popular over the next decade or so.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 02:19 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Tiberius

Before anyone starts, I love both!

considering trek has had to last, what, ten years longer than star wars, i think its doing pretty well... even with the relatively poor showings of voyagers later seasons and enterprise, there was still little hesitation in bankrolling a new trek movie...

star wars will always appeal to a bigger audience, but that doesnt necessarily mean it will last longer... star trek, imo will always have a devoted following...

i can see both lasting for a long, long time... but they'll both need work to keep up with the times...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 01:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nbgoku

i vote star wars

but star trek is probably more realistic or more resembles our life (not sure though)

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 03:38 PM
nbgoku is currently offline Click here to Send nbgoku a Private Message Find more posts by nbgoku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Star wars is number one!jm thumb up

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 1st, 2007 01:29 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanboy 1988

Movie wise, Star Wars takes this one, I know episode 1 and 2 sucked, but episode 3 was pretty cool. Video game wise, Star Wars has had WAY better video games, Knights of the old republic is one of the greatest games I've ever played,.. T.V wise, Strek Trek would take them, even though new episodes ain't very good.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 07:37 PM
fanboy 1988 is currently offline Click here to Send fanboy 1988 a Private Message Find more posts by fanboy 1988 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Forever*Alone~
Empress

star trek. startrekstartrekstartrek

what can i say, im a fan.

does this work?

Old Post May 10th, 2007 02:30 AM
~Forever*Alone~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Forever*Alone~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Forever*Alone~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Originally posted by fanboy 1988
Movie wise, Star Wars takes this one, I know episode 1 and 2 sucked, but episode 3 was pretty cool. Video game wise, Star Wars has had WAY better video games, Knights of the old republic is one of the greatest games I've ever played,.. T.V wise, Strek Trek would take them, even though new episodes ain't very good.

No matter how you look at it.Star wars always takes the cake!jm laughing

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 10th, 2007 02:38 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
No matter how you look at it.Star wars always takes the cake!jm laughing

I find your logic laughable. I agree with your conclusion, but have serious isues with the path you took to reach it.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post May 10th, 2007 04:44 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I am fine now.Had abit too much caffine abit hiper.JM

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post May 10th, 2007 10:55 AM