KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Are there any Serenity fans

Are there any Serenity fans
Started by: Versyn Gaul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

Are there any Serenity fans

Am I alone in thinking that Serenity is one of the Best Sci-Fi movies ever. I dont hear people talk about it much but that movie realy impressed me. Just Looking for fans to chat about it.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 07:24 PM
Versyn Gaul is currently offline Click here to Send Versyn Gaul a Private Message Find more posts by Versyn Gaul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

I am a fan of Serenety to, well i am a fan of allot of SCI FI franchises, though didn't see the movie. How would you rate it, against the series.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 07:40 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

Of course i liked the series. Was that a made for T.V. Movie? The one thing about a movie is you have to suspend disbelief and Serenity was believable to me and great writing. The Dialog was excellent . Funny and realistic. And of course i love chicks that can kick ass.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 07:59 PM
Versyn Gaul is currently offline Click here to Send Versyn Gaul a Private Message Find more posts by Versyn Gaul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

I didnt get a chance to se the series unfortunately

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 08:01 PM
exanda kane

I don't enjoy some of the more, ehm, how shall I put this, "retro" sci-fi if you get me, things like Forbidden Planet, Star Trek and Planet of the Apes simply don't interest me, but Serenity, well, what can I say.

The writing was solid, the performances were solid and the action sequences were solid. Nothing genre-breaking, no magnificent backdrop that might equal Star Wars, but it has wit and charm and I loved it.

More in tune in spirit than the Original Star than the new Star Wars (although Queeq think's I'm off my nut by saying that).

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 09:04 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

All those 3 movies you mentioned are great, you don't know god material, even if your watching it.

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 09:18 PM
Count Makashi is currently offline Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The best thing about Serenity was Morena Baccarrin.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 09:55 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Count Makashi
All those 3 movies you mentioned are great, you don't know god material, even if your watching it.

I agree with you makashi.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 11:14 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Of course i liked the series.

quote:
I didnt get a chance to se the series unfortunately

what?

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 01:45 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

Sere

Originally posted by jaden101
what?

I only saw a couple episodes. I didnt get to see it in its entirety.(The Series)

Last edited by Versyn Gaul on Jun 20th, 2007 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 02:04 AM
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

Series

Originally posted by jaden101
what?

I didnt realize it was a series . I caught a couple, episodes, but didnt see the movie until after i saw the show.

Last edited by Versyn Gaul on Jun 20th, 2007 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 02:05 AM
exanda kane

Originally posted by Count Makashi

I didn't say they weren't good, but I said that they do not interest me.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 08:37 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

They're showing a screening for Joss's charity thing on the the weekend, cant wait to see it on the big screen, missed it the first time.

Got it on my ipod

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 03:02 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

Originally posted by Mišt
They're showing a screening for Joss's charity thing on the the weekend, cant wait to see it on the big screen, missed it the first time.

Got it on my ipod

What is Joss and where is it playing?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 04:42 PM
exanda kane

Joss Whedon is the creator of Firefly/Serenity. He also created Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Movie and series) although that was pretty cack and he is set to direct X-Men 4, I believe.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 08:53 PM
DocZombie

Firefly was a great Show, Unfortunately Fox is stupid and shuts down a great Show. And yes, Serenity is a great movie. I don't think some of the critics think otherwise, but yeah I wish they continued with the show Firefly.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2007 09:45 PM
DocZombie is currently offline Click here to Send DocZombie a Private Message Find more posts by DocZombie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Firefly always bored me erm I never liked the whole futuristic western thing, plus main characters who are tough annoy me.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 02:22 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

I am not familiar with firefly. I didn't see a western correlation with serenity. i just thought that they were portraying a more realistic idea of the future without everyone having a laser gun or supper powers and having to struggle to survive as apposed to walking up to the food dispenser and saying "Tea,old grey" and it appears.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 03:28 AM
Kovacs86

Firefly/ Serenity rock- and Firefly is very Western, Serenity not so much. Though Mal still uses a freakin' six gun...
Hell, take away the spaceships and call the planets countries and its a western. Brilliant series, absolutely brilliant. Same goes for the film. My favourite TV series of all time. Anyone seen the R. Tam Sessions also?

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 04:14 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

Ahh love Firefly! I was so happy they made Serenity. big grin

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 08:54 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote