KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Alan Moore's Watchmen

Alan Moore's Watchmen
Started by: Cradilla

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cradilla
The almighty? maybe

Alan Moore's Watchmen

I heard they were making a movie of the really awesome graphic novel, Watchmen by Alan Moore. Just want to know if this was true and if any one knows anything about it. big grin

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 12:57 PM
Cradilla is currently offline Click here to Send Cradilla a Private Message Find more posts by Cradilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yep i do and Zack snyder is directing the same guy who did Dawn of the dead remake and 300.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 02:20 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Alan Moore's Watchmen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cradilla
I heard they were making a movie of the really awesome graphic novel, Watchmen by Alan Moore. Just want to know if this was true and if any one knows anything about it. big grin

There have been threads about this for years, in Comic Book Movies.
The film has been cast, shooting starts in a month. Afetr twenty years of torturous development, it's finally happening.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 06:13 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

I'm really not looking forward to this. I completely fail to see how they could possibly capture the emotional and visual feel of the graphic novel in a film.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 06:10 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexter_Morgan
Restricted

Account Restricted

It will be a disaster and as usual Moore will distance himself from his imagination turned into moving pictures. Snyder may be able to get a hack like Millers work to the masses, although I hated Sin City as a film with a vegence (great graphic novel though, go figure), he will not capture the qualities of Moores work at all.

Last edited by Dexter_Morgan on Aug 12th, 2007 at 08:10 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 08:06 PM
Dexter_Morgan is currently offline Click here to Send Dexter_Morgan a Private Message Find more posts by Dexter_Morgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Zach Snyder will turn this into a hit film.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 12th, 2007 08:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheNinjaMaster

I saw Zach at Comicon and they did an in depth panel about Watchmen. It looks like it's going to pretty awesome, although I share the skepticism about how a comic comprised largely of internal thoughts will translate to the screen. Lots of voice overs maybe?

As long as I get to see Rorschach on screen, it can't be that bad.

http://www.theninjamaster.com

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 01:42 AM
TheNinjaMaster is currently offline Click here to Send TheNinjaMaster a Private Message Find more posts by TheNinjaMaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Probably disastrous, but here's hoping.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2007 03:33 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DoomsdayClock

I think the movie has the potential to be very good if its done right. I thonk Zack Snyder can do a good job. Ifa anyone wants to find out more about the movie and comic, check out watchmencomicmovie.com

Old Post Aug 27th, 2007 06:18 PM
DoomsdayClock is currently offline Click here to Send DoomsdayClock a Private Message Find more posts by DoomsdayClock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

As i have said for twenty odd years... it should have been done as a twelve x one-hour episode anime.... by the Japanese.. they are probably the only people i would trust not to turn it into some american gung ho flag waver... no offence to any americans.. i've nothing against you, just the political bent of some of your money hungry film people...

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 10:03 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by big gay kirk
As i have said for twenty odd years... it should have been done as a twelve x one-hour episode anime.... by the Japanese.. they are probably the only people i would trust not to turn it into some american gung ho flag waver... no offence to any americans.. i've nothing against you, just the political bent of some of your money hungry film people...

I'd actually be quite disappointed with a 12 hour anime version of this. Watchmen + Japanese animation = sick

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 10:15 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Indeed.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 02:23 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote