KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Alien

Alien
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Alien

I heard alot of good things about this movie and thought i see it. Its a very slow and hunting film that grabes you from the start. Riddly is a legand the direction and sound is still fantastic . The film still stands out as a masterpiece classic.

The shots of the spaceship are just wow and thats why i like the film.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:05 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

You're a little late with this one.....

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:11 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:13 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I saw it years ago thought i make a tread on it

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:22 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Tread on it? I thought you liked it? wink

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:23 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Alien 3 is my favorite one. Even though its generally the least popular.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:24 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

three is ok but nothing beats the orignal i saw the movies on tv and brought the box set. It has the best extres this is how box sets should be George Lucus

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:28 PM
queeq
Chaos

I agree.

I only started liking Alien 3 after I saw the director's cut, which was excellent. I thought it pretty much sucked in the theatrical release.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:31 PM
coolmovies

yes the director's cut is great but it does not stand up to alien

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:36 PM
queeq
Chaos

True. But it was an original vision after Scott and Cameron.

I think Resurrection sucked big time.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:37 PM
coolmovies

ya true they should have left it at aliens. Alien tryed to copy star wars and became famouse. I turned off the tv when i first saw it the tenshion was so high

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:41 PM
queeq
Chaos

But I love what Fincher tried to do.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:41 PM
coolmovies

But you have to agree that the first one is better then three.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:45 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yes. I agree. It's the classic. But teh director's cut can at least stay in a nice trilogy. I don't care about Resurrection and I dread no. 5.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:47 PM
Darth Martin

Still haven't seen this one.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:55 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Anyone else want to share there views on this classic ?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 09:56 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

People always give me shit because I really don't like this movie. I didn't care for any of the characters/thought it was bland, boring and not very suspenseful.

Some of the shots are cool from a cinematic standpoint, but overall I don't care for this film.

Aliens, on the other hand, I felt was much better.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 10:03 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Alien was very suspensful and dark, I agree, while, on the other hand, Aliens was the complete opposite: action packed and fun.

I like both movies.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 11:46 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I might actually be an alien.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2008 11:57 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by coolmovies
ya true they should have left it at aliens. Alien tryed to copy star wars and became famouse. I turned off the tv when i first saw it the tenshion was so high

copy star wars?

Copy is a big bold word, partner. I might understand, if you said influenced by.
Even, then, i dont know how much, other than technology, Alien was influenced by Star wars.

Although, Aliens is my favorite of the series. Not many movies, in the genre, have been able to reproduce the level of tension, shock and unpredictability that Alien offered. Cool, is right in saying, Alien stood and still stands out as a unique movie. Although, Aliens did an incredible job in advancing the story while staying original. I have to acknowledge that Alien just may be the better movie. I do believe, however, it is hard to compare the first two Alien films. There is such a radical contrast between the two movies, but, when watching Aliens. I never feel as though i am watching a sequel, but rather, the second half of the story.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 12:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote