KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » I Need A New Sci-Fi/Fantasy To Watch HELP MEE!!!

I Need A New Sci-Fi/Fantasy To Watch HELP MEE!!!
Started by: Agon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Agon
Xel'Naga Survivor

I Need A New Sci-Fi/Fantasy To Watch HELP MEE!!!

Ok I need a new Sci-Fi/Fantasy to watch, preferrably Sci-Fi but if the Fantasy is really good I am willing to give it a try. So far I have Watched.

Currently Watching

-Lost
-Heroes
-BSG(LAST SEASONmad, oh well at least it ends expectedly and they can plan out the ending)

Watched
-Farscape - Movie and Series(Really good, hate how it was unexpectadly stopped, the movie didn't really do a good job of finishing either)

-Bsg - Saw everything even The Crusade, This was truly one of my favourite as it actually was one that was not unexpectedly cancelled and it finished in its time although the season after the shadow wars was when everything kinda pretty much slowed down

-Stargate SG-1 - Saw everything up to season 8 and then ported over to SGA, SG-1 was really entertaining for the first 6 seasons, season 7 was something new with the Ancients and the pegasus, then I gave up on SG-1 everything started falling apart

-Stargate Atlantis - I actually am a huge fan of this one, and considering its a spinoff it is very good, the ending of season 4 was crazy.

-FireFly + Serenity - Omg FOX SUCKS, SO SAD. Loved teh Western/Sci-Fi aspect of this. Really looking forward to DollHouse, ELIZA DUSHKU(ALBANIAN WOMEN FTW!!!)

I would prefer the sci-fi to be in the 80s / 90s so fairly new. Lets see what you guys come up with. Oh and I just ordered the First Season of Doctor Who, so I got that.

O SNAP!!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 11:29 PM
Agon is currently offline Click here to Send Agon a Private Message Find more posts by Agon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

odyssey five
V
Dr who
Quantum leap
The hitchhiker
Sliders (First two seasons)
X-files

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 06:07 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Babylon 5

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 11:55 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Try the new Doctor Who series

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 02:55 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think he meant Babylon 5 when he said BSG, and he mentions already having ordered new Who.

Try Life on Mars (the UK original, not the upcoming remake). Only tanegntially sci-fi, but if you like the rest you should like that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 05:29 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I think he meant Babylon 5 when he said BSG, and he mentions already having ordered new Who.

Try Life on Mars (the UK original, not the upcoming remake). Only tanegntially sci-fi, but if you like the rest you should like that.

Would make sense. Though I don't know anything about Battle Star Galactica so I figured they might just have blatantly ripped of Babylon 5 no expression

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 07:34 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reign: The Conqueror

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 10:20 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreamreaver
Master of the Realms

How about DS9? That was a really great show I thought.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2008 08:27 PM
Dreamreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Dreamreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Dreamreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
odyssey five
V
Dr who
Quantum leap
The hitchhiker
Sliders (First two seasons)
X-files

Good choices.

If u havent watched The X-files by now, this is ur time to catch up. The series was pretty esxcellent and theres about 200+ episodes to keep u busy for a while and when ur done, u can watch the 2 movies.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 03:29 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Surface
Though it had a limited series run on network TV 1-2 yrs ago, I thought it was very well done. I imagine at some point in the future, the series will, um, re-surface.

Karas: The Prophecy
This movie shows up on cable from time to time. Two words: Visually Mesmerizing. The animation is beautifully done, powerfully presented. Story's a little hard to follow, but you won't care. Just. Visually. Mesmerizing.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 06:59 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Mindship

This movie shows up on cable from time to time. Two words: Visually Mesmerizing. The animation is beautifully done, powerfully presented. Story's a little hard to follow, but you won't care. Just. Visually. Mesmerizing.

And theres a follow up to it

Karas: The Revelation.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 01:15 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

You could try Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG, or Cowboy Bebop, or even Planetes (highly recommend), as Sci-fi/fantasy anime.

Or try ST: Voyager series, or the original Battle Star Galactica series, or you could try Futurama for a diverse example.

Personally I like Mission to Mars

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Aug 7th, 2008 01:15 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Surface
Though it had a limited series run on network TV 1-2 yrs ago, I thought it was very well done. I imagine at some point in the future, the series will, um, re-surface.

I thought it was well done too. Too bad it got canceled. They shouldve at least finish the story first. I always though the series had too much special effects for a tv series. Too much cost on fx + not enough viewers =canceled!

This movie shows up on cable from time to time. Two words: Visually Mesmerizing. The animation is beautifully done, powerfully presented. Story's a little hard to follow, but you won't care. Just. Visually. Mesmerizing. [/B]

Thanks for mentioning this. Never heard of it and it looks sick. Hope it lives up to the trailer I saw on YouTube.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Last edited by Darth Vicious on Aug 8th, 2008 at 01:08 AM

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 01:03 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DethRose
Owl Girl

Tin Man. I've never personally watched it, but my aunt is a huge Scifi fan and she loved it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2008 08:56 PM
DethRose is currently offline Click here to Send DethRose a Private Message Find more posts by DethRose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Definitely the first X-Files film, doesn't matter if you miss the terrible second movie, not missing out on anything important.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 10:49 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

space: above and beyond

not sure how easy it is to find though...but it's definitely one of the best cancelled shows ever

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 12:25 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote