KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Star Wars

Star Wars
Started by: Will44

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Will44
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars

Obviously, like everyone my age, I loved Star Wars. Episodes 1, 2, and most of 3 were painful however, I'd still like to see them make an episode 7, 8 and 9.

Anyone else?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 04:27 PM
Will44 is currently offline Click here to Send Will44 a Private Message Find more posts by Will44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not big on the earlier films at all, and really don't get what the big deal is outside of the special effects arena. Oh I adore the Ewoks though.

One of my parents knew the actor Drewe Henley who played the lead pilot of the Red Leaders in 1977 film, a starfighter. smile I never met him since I wasn't in this world at the time...

This guy I believe: http://www.nerf-herders-anonymous.n...GarvenDreis.jpg

As for the later terrible films starting with Phantom Menace, he can't direct actors for shit now. Imagine turning such fabulous actors and actresses into wood, can't believe he managed to do that.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 05:11 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
I'm not big on the earlier films at all, and really don't get what the big deal is outside of the special effects arena. Oh I adore the Ewoks though.

One of my parents knew the actor Drewe Henley who played the lead pilot of the Red Leaders in 1977 film, a starfighter. smile I never met him since I wasn't in this world at the time...

This guy I believe: http://www.nerf-herders-anonymous.n...GarvenDreis.jpg

As for the later terrible films starting with Phantom Menace, he can't direct actors for shit now. Imagine turning such fabulous actors and actresses into wood, can't believe he managed to do that.

So you're not a fan of the early films, and you think the prequels are terrible - are you a fan at all?

Oh; there's a WHOLE forum down below for this. Go there.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 06:17 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't say the original ones were rubbish, just not a fan. If they come on at Christmas, I like them enough to watch with the family.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:22 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

There isn't going to be Episodes 7-9. Lucas says no, he's too old to go through it anymore, and his storytelling interest beyond ROTJ isn't there. Lucasfilm has used it's line of books from HEIR TO THE EMPIRE onward to do what happened next, and it's considered canon to the Star Wars universe.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 03:53 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

Lucas is well past it now and I think its best to just leave it alone and if u want to know what happens after ROTJ read the expanded universe. The books are great and well wrote. If you want to read them but dont know where to start i would recomend the likes of I, Jedi. It was the very first one i read and after i finished i was hooked big grin

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 11:54 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

No need to make 7 8 and 9, the emperor is defeated and vader is dead.
balance has been restored. and obviously the empire just gives up after that LMAO

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 04:09 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pgdarth95

lazy old bastard....get ur ass up and make more movies!

Its been a long time, how have you been? You know, when you MURDERED me.
Ahh..well let us put that behind us....for science....you monster....

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 08:44 AM
pgdarth95 is currently offline Click here to Send pgdarth95 a Private Message Find more posts by pgdarth95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
full_movies_43
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree too that there is no need to make more Star Wars movie.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 06:18 AM
full_movies_43 is currently offline Click here to Send full_movies_43 a Private Message Find more posts by full_movies_43 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaworori

Isn't this the Sci-fi forum? Is Star Wars Sci-fi? Is it really?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 08:05 PM
Kaworori is currently offline Click here to Send Kaworori a Private Message Find more posts by Kaworori Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Kaworori
Isn't this the Sci-fi forum? Is Star Wars Sci-fi? Is it really?

Yes it is.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 02:37 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

Love the SW series. And while I won't support a 7,8 and 9 movie, i'm all for movies based off of the Old Republic.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 10:13 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

One of my favorite movie/book/etc. series ever.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 12:11 AM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

For me 1 2 and 3 were not painful at all. I loved them too, i grew up with the originals and loved them and was 26 when episode 1 came out.
the stories were all told in the same manner and i think it's just the fact that the fans were older when 1 2 3 came out and they are able to pick at it. lets face it the acting in 4 5 6 wasn't that great, we enjoyed them for the story and sci-fi and action.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:12 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Episode 1 had some really bad parts but also good parts. Episodes 2 and 3 were really only brought down by Anakin and Padme's incredibly poorly - acted romance, everything else was pretty good.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 04:19 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by MildPossession

I felt Ewan McGregor got a lil better in the next 2 films since Phantom Menance.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 01:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Kazenji
I felt Ewan McGregor got a lil better in the next 2 films since Phantom Menance.

This.

and don't we have a WHOLE forum dedicated to this a few scroll toggle-downs on the maine forum page? O.o

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 09:35 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movieshe
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Star Wars

Originally posted by Will44
Obviously, like everyone my age, I loved Star Wars. Episodes 1, 2, and most of 3 were painful however, I'd still like to see them make an episode 7, 8 and 9.

Anyone else?

Yes, me too.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 07:44 AM
movieshe is currently offline Click here to Send movieshe a Private Message Find more posts by movieshe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

Originally posted by doan_m
Love the SW series. And while I won't support a 7,8 and 9 movie, i'm all for movies based off of the Old Republic.

I agree, lets face it, the Luke era is already covered.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 08:50 PM
Abu-Bactr is currently offline Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
headless robot

hasn't there been some recent leaks that he is thinking about doing 7-9 now but he'd have other directors take over.

I'm not sure what I think about this since I think 1-3 could have been much better with different directors and maybe somebody reading over his scripts honestly telling him what sucks. Ever read an early star wars script... they are horrible.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2009 07:17 AM
headless robot is currently offline Click here to Send headless robot a Private Message Find more posts by headless robot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote