KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » The Day of the Triffids

The Day of the Triffids
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Day of the Triffids

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 06:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

As long as it's not like our awful version of it, I'm happy. But really, I can't see anything turning out amazing when the subject is killer plants...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:46 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'd like to see him turn it into a horror-comedy, ala Evil Dead II.

I suspect Bruce Campbell and Raimi's brother to have a role or cameo, plus a surplus of hot women, knowing Raimi.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 06:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Was the 2009 one the one about the slackers that smoked the Triffids?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 08:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
As long as it's not like our awful version of it, I'm happy. But really, I can't see anything turning out amazing when the subject is killer plants...

Little Shop of Horrors.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 02:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession

The original "Triffids" movie was pretty good.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 02:48 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry, the version I meant was the one made for tv a few years ago with Eddie Izzard. But what I can remember from the original, still cheesy.

quote:
Little Shop of Horrors.

That's not a serious film though. Day of the Triffids is just cheesy because they make it serious, just doesn't work for me with killer plants.

Rob has a good idea - make is a comedy horror/sci-fi film.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 03:53 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i loved the original..

not sure about this until the cast is announced

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2010 08:33 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Excellent book and original series, I hope they make it and put it in the proper setting. Ie not in the USA with some hollywood style music backround and such

Old Post Nov 24th, 2010 05:31 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

I agree that it should be comedy/horror. I enjoyed Drag Me To Hell, very much like his older work from the 80's. If its too serious in tone with gore, it will be compared to the Ruins in a way.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2011 01:39 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevin456
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also loved Original

Old Post Jun 28th, 2011 07:22 AM
kevin456 is currently offline Click here to Send kevin456 a Private Message Find more posts by kevin456 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skyrose

There were two versions made.
The original funnily enough, is my preference. Though the second one picked up a tiny little bit.
Now if they can make a version for our modern times, it could be a hit with the right casting especially if Raimi directs it.
Maybe worth waiting for.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 12:36 AM
skyrose is currently offline Click here to Send skyrose a Private Message Find more posts by skyrose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rourke82
Blast the speakers

I watched first versions of this film and I think that the film will be boring as the war of the worlds but maby im wrong

Old Post Nov 15th, 2011 08:17 PM
rourke82 is currently offline Click here to Send rourke82 a Private Message Find more posts by rourke82 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote