KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Death Star vs a Borg CUbe

Death Star vs a Borg CUbe
Started by: Brockalizer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Brockalizer
A midget among dwarves.

Death Star vs a Borg CUbe

Let's say that a Borg cube was able to use their temporal warp technology and travel to a galaxy long ago and far far away. They encounter a fully manned and operational Death Star. And just for shits and giggles Vader and the Emperor are both on board. Who wins? My money is on the Borg.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2010 06:50 PM
Brockalizer is currently offline Click here to Send Brockalizer a Private Message Find more posts by Brockalizer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Borg stomp.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 01:34 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Inb4close

Borg shitstomp

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 03:24 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Well it realy is just a matter of power.

IT was shown on Voyager that a blast powerfull enought to take outa planet can take out a few cubes.

And even if its only a laser. That can be as powerful as how much energy you can pump into it.

And would borg sheilds work against it if they haven't assimilated andy SW tech?

Be fun to see how the Borg would handle Vader,and the Emps Force manipulation.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 10:26 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brockalizer
A midget among dwarves.

The Death Star lazer may be powerful, but it's Achillies heel is that it's really only effective if the target is directly in front of it. As far as force powers go the force lightning would only be good for one or two drones. Same with the light saber. Vader and the Emperor could stand their ground for a little while, with Vader doing most of the work himself, because at the end of the day he's just a tool for the Emperor, but eventually he would succumb to fatigue, like he did with Luke in "Jedi". The coup de tat would be when Vader is over whelmed and assimilated by the drones. Just the idea of a Vader Drone makes me all tingly inside.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2010 10:57 PM
Brockalizer is currently offline Click here to Send Brockalizer a Private Message Find more posts by Brockalizer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Death Star lol stomps.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 01:15 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Does the Death Star have a large compliment of Tie Fighters n'stuff? If it does, then, the Death Star wins.

If not, then the Borg Cube very slowly maneuvers, at all times, outside of the superlaser and the other guns.

As has been shown in otherthreads, the Star Wars weapons have a much shorter range than the Star Trek ones. The Borg Cube can sit, quite comfortably outside of all fire from the Death Star, and scan the Death Star for weaknesses. Then teleport torpedoes inside the ship's weak spots.

The Tie Fighters will change this, though, IMO. They should quickly be able to destroy, by swarming, one Borg cube before it adapts.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 02:42 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

LOL it would be like fighting the Phallanx. Once the Borg teleport inside the Deathstar they will be a virus that cannot be stopped.

And the Deathstar laser LO fricken L. An easy target for their sensors to pick up.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 03:12 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by the ninjak
LOL it would be like fighting the Phallanx. Once the Borg teleport inside the Deathstar they will be a virus that cannot be stopped.

That's not really how they operate.

Borg will only start assimilating once the DS's defenses are completely down.

They never do anything piecemeal.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 03:21 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brockalizer
A midget among dwarves.

The Tie fighters laser based weapons would be useless against a Borg cube. In TNG when the Enterprise was mind controlled and duped into fighting a war for another race Commander Riker and Captain Picard both scoffed at how inferior laser technology was in comparison the the Enterprise's phasers and photon torpedoes. The Borg cube would easily wipe out any shield generators that the Empire would have on any neighboring planets or moons and either blast the Death Star into oblivion with its superior firepower or simply slice and dice it with it's cutting beam.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 05:53 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I recall in Battlefront II the narrator speaking how they should have jettisoned the entire Detention Block in to space. Wherever the Borg teleport (assuming they can do so through the Death Star's "magnetic field" or w/e, they get sucked in to space or blown apart by the blasters that every crewman carries. Nai proved in the SW vs. ST thread how Star Wars "laser" weapons are really a particle-based plasma weapon, and how the Borg have no such shielding for those.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 10:18 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Am I the only one who thinks that the range argument is kind of bullshit regardless? They're in space; it's not as if they have to worry about bullet drop and the Coriolis affect or anything. One could argue that the laser would simply "fizzle out", but, the damn thing moves at like 50,000 kilometers a second, and it's not even an actual laser.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 06:02 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Borg stomp here...

there are at least a gazillion drones which far outweigh the tie fighters

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 30th, 2010 09:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Am I the only one who thinks that the range argument is kind of bullshit regardless? They're in space; it's not as if they have to worry about bullet drop and the Coriolis affect or anything. One could argue that the laser would simply "fizzle out", but, the damn thing moves at like 50,000 kilometers a second, and it's not even an actual laser.

It's not a bullshit argument.

The laser canon fire has a clearly visible range. The "shots" completely disappear after a certain distance.

On top of that, if the lasers were light based, anyway, their energy would dissipate per unit traveled by a power of 2. (Highschool physics).

But it would appear that the technology from Star Wars has advanced enough to keep the "light" together almost completely until a certain distance.

And, yes, the "bullet drop" effect is still there as light is still attracted by gravity. teehee WEEEEEE! ( laughing )

But, fact is, the laser canon fire from Star Wars has an effective range. Star Trek does as well. The range is much much farther for Star Trek. Borg cubes are no exception.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 12:41 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by dadudemon

The laser canon fire has a clearly visible range. The "shots" completely disappear after a certain distance.

On top of that, if the lasers were light based, anyway, their energy would dissipate per unit traveled by a power of 2. (Highschool physics).

But it would appear that the technology from Star Wars has advanced enough to keep the "light" together almost completely until a certain distance.

And, yes, the "bullet drop" effect is still there as light is still attracted by gravity. teehee WEEEEEE! ( laughing )

But, fact is, the laser canon fire from Star Wars has an effective range. Star Trek does as well. The range is much much farther for Star Trek. Borg cubes are no exception.
Star Wars "lasers" aren't light, as Borbarad kept arguing.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 01:47 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah. Like I said, they're not actual lasers. It's a misnomer.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 02:17 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Wookiee cites the first Death Star's superlaser has having a power of "2.4×1032 watts" and an "optimum range of 2,000,000 kilometers and a working range of 420,000,000 kilometers."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 02:34 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Vader being assimilated as a Borg would be a cool image.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 02:57 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Would make sense, considering the Galaxy's Guns range is: The span of the Galaxy.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 03:04 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by dadudemon

I don't really recall seeing a lot of "Long Range" fighting going on in the ST shows,and Movies I have ever watched/

Most of those ship battles seemed to get nose to nose with each other.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2010 05:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote