KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Neuromancer

Neuromancer
Started by: Mr. Marshall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr. Marshall
Rough Trade Minister

Neuromancer

quote:
The time may be right for William Gibson's 1984 cyberpunk classic Neuromancer (which won the Nebula, Hugo and Philip K. Dick awards) to get made. Producer Peter Hoffman has been trying to turn this influential dystopian novel (which coined the word cyberspace) into a film for years with Vincenzo Natali (Cube) but costs were prohibitive for this sci-fi hacker space tale. Gibson's best-known films are Robert Longo's Johnny Mnemonic, which the writer adapted from his novel, and Abel Ferrara's New Rose Hotel, based on a Gibson short story. At this year's AFM Hoffman has lined up new backers and has been trying to put some forward momentum on the project. Part of that game of smoke and mirrors: telling people that Bruce Willis and newly re-upped Paramount producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura are attached. While CAA confirms that Willis is currently reading the script, that's a far cry from being attached. Neuromancer follows a low-level drug-abusing console cowboy in futuristic Japan, where stealing means hacking into high-powered computer systems (The Matrix), which he is able to do via an chip electrode in his brain--until he's given a powerful blocking toxin as punishment for cyber theft. He is given a second chance when a shady business man sends him on a cyber-hack mission. Michael Ryan and Guy Collins are selling the film through their banner GFM Films. The producers are Hoffman and Jay Firestone. Meanwhile, CAA denies Willis’s participation on a second film for sale at the market, Pure, which seller Epic Pictures had reportedly told buyers would involve the star. Epic refused comment.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompson...nally-get-made#

As a fan of cyberpunk, this needs to happen.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 07:17 PM
Mr. Marshall is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Marshall a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Marshall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Neuromancer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr. Marshall
http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompson...nally-get-made#

As a fan of cyberpunk, this needs to happen.

Bruce Willis is in his mid-50's. Why should he play the main character?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 08:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Marshall
Rough Trade Minister

Re: Re: Neuromancer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Bruce Willis is in his mid-50's. Why should he play the main character?

I dunno, your guess is as good as mine. Personally I think they should get someone younger but like the article says Willis is a far cry from being attached. I don't care who they get really as long as the movie gets made.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 11:08 PM
Mr. Marshall is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Marshall a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Marshall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Willis is in some sci fi film called Loopers.

Something about Time Cops using a portal to take down criminals.

Yes, it sounds like it's been done before...

Old Post Nov 11th, 2011 01:07 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote