KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Helen of Troy

Helen of Troy
Started by: kira

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kira

Helen of Troy

I don't think Diane Kruger is the right person to play Helen of Troy. I really don't think she has the face who can launch a thousand ships. I know it's hard to cast someone for the part but to me she just not the right person.... I hope she can at least act. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 18th, 2003 02:36 AM
kira is currently offline Click here to Send kira a Private Message Find more posts by kira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

I think i might check that out tonight it comes on tonight here in the states. I'm really bad with Miniseries though. I forget to watch the rest of it . big grin

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Apr 20th, 2003 09:08 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

It comes on tonight here as well. Not really into these historical biographical sketches though.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2003 11:23 PM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kira

Troy

I meant to write Troy and accidentally wrote Helen of Troy instead. I was actually talking about the movie Troy staring Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom. I wrote the wrong title. Sorry about that….. =) Diane Kruger is the one who was cast as Helen of Troy in the movie Troy not the TV miniseries Helen of Troy. hehe The one cast for role in the TV miniseries is Sienna Guillory. I don’t think either one of them is all that beautiful to play Helen of Troy, but that’s my own opinion. What do you think?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2003 11:59 PM
kira is currently offline Click here to Send kira a Private Message Find more posts by kira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kira

diane kruger pics

here's a link to her pics: ifrance.fr/dianemodel/

Old Post Apr 21st, 2003 12:20 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

crap.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2003 12:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

ha....I don't think I'll even look

Old Post Apr 21st, 2003 10:21 PM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Helen of Troy is on here again tonight.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 12:41 AM
GordonSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

The story is much differant then the story of Odessy.Which is a what happens after The Trojan War.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 02:04 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

They got some cute actress who is apparently torn between these two guys right, and there's a war brewing or something.That's my observations on it.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 02:26 AM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Yeah but they changed the story to fit the movie like there aren't mentions of some Gods on their.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 02:32 AM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I had no idea gods were even part of the story. Hmmm. must read up on my history.....

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 02:50 AM
Augeybana
Augeygeta

Yeah I read it in english Apollo was in there and also in Odessy which again happens right after the Helen Of Troy had Athena in it and that was a ABC mini series.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 03:04 AM
kira

I saw a little bit of the tv miniseries of Helen of Troy... Didn't really like it. I got bored of it. I hope the movie Troy will be better.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 06:50 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

They showed that thing here like 3 times yesterday!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2003 02:06 PM
sun_fire

In the miniseries of Helen of Troy, they have a hot guy playing Paris, Mathhew Marsden, in Troy they have Orlando Bloom playing Paris. Paris kept me interested in the film, lol. I watched Helen of Troy when it first came and they played it abunch, I think it was a thursday when it came out and they played it 2 times that I know of and they played it 3 times saterday. Happy Dance

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 05:08 AM
sun_fire is currently offline Click here to Send sun_fire a Private Message Find more posts by sun_fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aniron

I can't wait for this film to come out, it's a shame they had to cast brad pitt because he's well corny and I doubt he'd make a good worrior.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 01:41 PM
aniron is currently offline Click here to Send aniron a Private Message Find more posts by aniron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeathDealer
The One

It would have been better if they had casted Brad Pitt as something else than Achellis because in the end he'll die in a stupid way (to me), by Paris stabbing him with a dagger in his ankle...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 08:55 PM
DeathDealer is currently offline Click here to Send DeathDealer a Private Message Find more posts by DeathDealer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
felixthecat23
die, only to live again!

Worried

yeah i agree on the whole diane kruger [ helen] thing... that face could not launch a thousand ships let alone a tug boat. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"what's this?"

Last edited by felixthecat23 on Nov 18th, 2003 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 10:36 PM
felixthecat23 is currently offline Click here to Send felixthecat23 a Private Message Find more posts by felixthecat23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
felixthecat23
die, only to live again!

Worried

Hence the whole achellies heel thing and all.... wait.... aww i spoiled the ending... darn!
oh! the movie is based on the iliad.
blink
brad pit- achelles
eric bana- hector
orlando bloom- paris

and did you know; yes
-The term “Achilles’ heel” was first used by a Dutch anatomist, Verheyden, in 1693 when he dissected his own amputated leg.

-Michael Macrone, in his "It’s Greek to Me", tells us that Achilles didn’t always have a vulnerable heel. Oh yes, he had a weak spot, but according to the original story about Achilles, Homer, in the Iliad, said it was his pride. Later versions indicate his weakness was his love for the Trojan princess Polyxena. In his Metamorphoses, Ovid suggested that Achilles had a vulnerable spot on his body; but the Roman poet, Statius (c. A.D. 45-96), was the first to imply in a poem that it was his heel. blink yes

"what's this?"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 10:38 PM
felixthecat23 is currently offline Click here to Send felixthecat23 a Private Message Find more posts by felixthecat23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote