KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Gravity... will it leave a space Sci-Fi legacy?

Gravity... will it leave a space Sci-Fi legacy?
Started by: Projectvrd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Projectvrd

Gravity... will it leave a space Sci-Fi legacy?

Overall I have mixed feelings about the film. There are parts I really enjoyed and others just down right annoyed me.... but those collisions!! They are what impressed me the most and since I watched the movie I now feel so disappointed with others that I previously appreciated.

It might just be my niaivity as I am assuming they got that spot on, now watching space battles from movies that came before Gravity are just underwhelming. I see too much fire, no real depth to the particle effects, nowhere near enough bits smashing into each other creating more bits and a horrific looking chain reaction of destruction ensuing.

Could we now see this sort if thing becoming the norm, instead of the usual lots of fire explosions etc?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2014 11:23 PM
Projectvrd is currently offline Click here to Send Projectvrd a Private Message Find more posts by Projectvrd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

It was a gimmicky effects fest that will be long forgotten. It was cool to see in the theaters but I don't see any reason to watch it again

Old Post Jun 28th, 2014 11:34 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
It was a gimmicky effects fest that will be long forgotten. It was cool to see in the theaters but I don't see any reason to watch it again

This

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 01:03 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Wrong. It will get remembered just like 2001: A Space Odyssey and Alien.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 01:37 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by roughrider
Wrong. It will get remembered just like 2001: A Space Odyssey and Alien.

laughing laughing

Old Post Jun 29th, 2014 01:56 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CouchTomato86

Movie was good, but unfortunately, it will not be remembered 5 years from now.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 11:18 AM
CouchTomato86 is currently offline Click here to Send CouchTomato86 a Private Message Find more posts by CouchTomato86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote